Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Online.net plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Online.net plans

xyzxyz Member
edited April 2018 in General

https://blog.online.net/2018/04/05/renaming-new-dedibox-offers/
https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server

Plans re-categorized a bit, but only in name (doesn't seem to affect setup fees or bandwidth allocation).

PERSONAL family appears to be same except in price - setup is now €10 instead of €20.

Dedibox® SC 2016 -> Start-2-S-SSD / Start-2-S-SATA:
Price: €9 -> €12/month

Dedibox® XC 2016 -> Start-2-M-SSD / Start-2-M-SATA:
Price: €16 -> €20/month

START family has changed:
These now have €50 setup instead of previous €60:

Dedibox® Classic 2016 -> Start-3-L:
SSD: 2x250GB -> 2x500GB
Price: €30 -> €40/month

Dedibox® LT 2017 -> Pro-6-S:
RAM: 32GB -> 64GB
SSD: 3x250GB -> 2x500GB
Price: €40 -> €60/month

Dedibox® MD 2017 -> Pro-6-M:
SSD: 3x500GB -> 3x1TB
Price: €55 -> €80/month

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

As expected, it got worse.

Thanked by 1vish
  • TomTom Member

So just mostly price increases? :(

• EwokEwok Member

Garbage.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Well, they have to pay for their new extra-cosy startuper-friendly datacenters and offices in Paris.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @Shot2 said:
    Well, they have to pay for their new extra-cosy startuper-friendly datacenters and offices in Paris.

Are u a member of Online or a reseller? Because I have a lot of servers at Online and I go to their website several times each day but you always got the news very soon. :D. Just curious.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Nope, just a vanilla customer who happens to follow their various twitter/fb/blah accounts, among other tech-related stuff.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • So, I can get a KS4-C or a cheap atom for the same price ? Good luck Online...

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

I wonder if oneprovider's prices will go up as well in response. Would only make sense.

Currently you can get the Smart-2-S-* for €11/mo on OP instead of €12. Or the Smart-2-M-* for €13 on OP instead of €20. And of course without any setup fee.

• MasonR said: Smart-2-M-* for €13 on OP

25EUR in the fact!

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • xyzxyz Member

MasonR said: Or the Smart-2-M-* for €13 on OP instead of €20

It's actually €25 at OneProvider. The €13 server has half the RAM and SSD and lower bandwidth (I don't really think the +€7 is really that worth it, but may be for some).

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • kbapkbap Member

What happened to the Avoton bug?
    I thought they would have stopped selling the Atom C2xxx

• again with the odd numbers of SSDs.

It's almost like they worship at the altar of RAID5

• bapbap Member

shit...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Tom said:
    So just mostly price increases? :(

People who held their purchases thinking about getting a better deal after this refresh must be very happy now.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • Pricing still isn't terrible though.

Well, we saw Intel Atom dedis for 120$, but that was an exception, sure you can go full retard.

In my opinion, if someone is selling a atom for 15EUR, 20EUR they are retarded.

Performance wise, they a trash and not more worth then 8EUR.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @Neoon said:
    Well, we saw Intel Atom dedis for 120$, but that was an exception, sure you can go full retard.

In my opinion, if someone is selling a atom for 15EUR, 20EUR they are retarded.

Performance wise, they a trash and not more worth then 8EUR.

The start line is still competitive.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Neoon said: Performance wise, they a trash and not more worth then 8EUR.

Will you build a DC and sell me some of those with 250 Mbps unmetered at 8 EUR ? When ?

Thanked by 2dev_vps machine123
  • levnodelevnode Member
    edited April 2018

Clouvider said: People who held their purchases thinking about getting a better deal after this refresh must be very happy now.

You must be very happy now because you don't have to do anything and your competitor became less competitive.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited April 2018

The C2750 is pretty good if your use is multi threaded... (similar or a bit better than an i3-2100: enough to run quite a lot of stuff!) and quite power efficient.

Thanked by 1willie
  • TionTion Member
    edited April 2018

@Clouvider said:

People who held their purchases thinking about getting a better deal after this refresh must be very happy now.

Did anyone really do that? Last time I checked their "low end" boxes were constantly out of stock and the whole announcement sounded like they got new stock incoming plus a rework of their lineup. I expected newer hardware for slightly more not the same old crap for more. Guess the money well in France dried up and providers need to earn cash from their customers instead of the french taxpayer.

• @Tion said:

@Clouvider said:

Did anyone really do that? Last time I checked their "low end" boxes were constantly out of stock and the whole announcement sounded like they got new stock incoming plus a rework of their lineup. I expected newer hardware for slightly more not the same old crap for more. Guess the money well in France dried up and providers need earn cash from their customers instead of the french taxpayer.

Idk, the start line seems still pretty competitive. They changed that line.

edited April 2018

@Clouvider said:

Will you build a DC and sell me some of those with 250 Mbps unmetered at 8 EUR ? When ?

We had this discussion before, 250Mbit does not mean 250Mbit, on any cheap server at Online, which does not reach a certain value, they will throttle your ass down to mars to 100Mbit.

Second, they run a Data Center, not a Colocation like you do, so I guess they get a ton of cheaper bandwidth than you do.

Not to speak about power pricing, they are one with the lowest inside of the EU.

And you do compare 2 different countries again.

• lionlion Member

@Neoon said:

He didn't compare anything

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@lion said:

@Neoon said:

He didn't compare anything

He does sell dedis from his collocation, I am sure he is aware what 250Mbit costs, in the point of view from england.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited April 2018

Tion said: need to earn cash from their customers instead of the french taxpayer.

Neoon said: Second, they run a Data Center, not a Colocation like you do, so I guess they get a ton of cheaper bandwidth than you do.

I don't think they ever had 'free money' to run their DC, and I think they have been profitable even if cheap because of their volume and the fact that their stuff is pretty well optimized (technically) but they probably have super cheap bandwidth as they are the DC brand of one of the major ISPs in FR: as those milions of DSL/fiber liner are using mostly inbound... upload should be quite cheap (if not mostly free) for them.

That being said I didn't expect a price increase with no real changes on their products. Not very good move as far as public relations are concerned imo.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@levnode said:

Clouvider said: People who held their purchases thinking about getting a better deal after this refresh must be very happy now.

You must be very happy now because you don't have to do anything and your competitor became less competitive.

We don't consider Online our competitors as such. They are France based and we're UK based. We have no intention of joining French market anytime soon.

@Neoon said:

@Clouvider said:

We had this discussion before, 250Mbit does not mean 250Mbit, on any cheap server at Online, which does not reach a certain value, they will throttle your ass down to mars to 100Mbit.

Second, they run a Data Center, not a Colocation like you do, so I guess they get a ton of cheaper bandwidth than you do.

Not to speak about power pricing, they are one with the lowest inside of the EU.

So when will you do whatever you need to do to be able to provide such servers?

• WinneWinne Member

Why would he provide such servers ?

This has nothing to do with the original comment.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @levnode said:

Not just the location difference -- Online.net and Clouvider serve different client bases.

Thanked by 1Clouvider