Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best disposable VCCs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best disposable VCCs?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2018 in General

Alright,
So for my holidays/hobby expenses Ive settled on Revolut free plan and although it's VISA I am quite happy so far! Thanks @Nekki and others for recommending them!

Now for shopping online I sometimes may want to use disposable virtual credit cards. So what are your picks for these?

I take it Entropay is a big player here although top-up fee is quite a bit.
I also heard Privacy.com is good? I dont seem to be able to find any user charges for this one (looks like it's free). Apparently they profit from merchants transaction fees somehow (iirc)?!

I know about Revoluts disposable VCCs but I dont plan to go premium so nah.

Comments

• Entropay using it from last 6 years without any issue! You can generate upto 10 VCCs at the same time and thn destroy them and create new ones!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WebGuru said:
    Entropay using it from last 6 years without any issue! You can generate upto 10 VCCs at the same time and thn destroy them and create new ones!

Thanks for the feedback :) Top up via bank transfer or CC I assume?

• @Ympker said:

@WebGuru said:
    Entropay using it from last 6 years without any issue! You can generate upto 10 VCCs at the same time and thn destroy them and create new ones!

Visa CCs it's quick i am from a south asian country so bank transfer takes many days.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2018

@Ympker said:

@WebGuru said:

I think bank transfers in are free, every other top up method attracts a fee.

Watch out for the inactivity fee that kicks in after 6 months.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@WebGuru said:

I think bank transfers in are free, every other top up method attracts a fee.

Watch out for the inactivity fee that kicks in after 6 months.

Yeah I heard stories about that inactivity fee :P But if my balance is 0€ before it kicks in, it's all good I guess?

• Entropay is OK, I have USD and GBP accounts. But their bank is located on Malta and there can be problems matching your address and card issuer's country. On the other hand I never had problems in any merchants including Amazon's which is pretty angry for different checks.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited April 2018

Neteller.com is a online VCC owned by Skrill (Paysafe group), you can top-up any amount with CC, BTC, Wiretransfer and european banks and sofort. I used it on scaleway and DO in the past. They are MasterCards by the way

Edit: top-up fee is 1 to 3%, depending On payment method.

You can remove and generate new VCC

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @FoxelVox said:
    Neteller.com is a online VCC owned by Skrill (Paysafe group), you can top-up any amount with CC, BTC, Wiretransfer and european banks and sofort. I used it on scaleway and DO in the past. They are MasterCards by the way

Seems like only the first VCC is free though :O

• @Ympker said:

@FoxelVox said:

Seems like only the first VCC is free though :O

Every 1st VCC you create is free, after that 2.5€.. although i have 4 running and no costs so far lol

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If you are in the US and are a Capital One credit card holder, you can utilize Capital One's Eno service. Eno allows you to create virtual credit card numbers that are linked to your Capital One card to pay for purchases. This is great for times when your card is not around and you are sure the retailer is reasonably reputable, as you can maintain earning credit card points.

Now if you are shopping at unsavory places, Privacy.com has my vote as it connects to your bank account as a funding source but has VCC that you can set limits per charge/month/all time and disable cards very quickly.

Of course, most of these options are limited to the US only (as far as I know) but work great!

• @daxterfellowes said:
    If you are in the US and are a Capital One credit card holder, you can utilize Capital One's Eno service. Eno allows you to create virtual credit card numbers that are linked to your Capital One card to pay for purchases. This is great for times when your card is not around and you are sure the retailer is reasonably reputable, as you can maintain earning credit card points.

Now if you are shopping at unsavory places, Privacy.com has my vote as it connects to your bank account as a funding source but has VCC that you can set limits per charge/month/all time and disable cards very quickly.

Of course, most of these options are limited to the US only (as far as I know) but work great!

Im from Germany unfortunately but thanks for the through reply :)

• @daxterfellowes said:
    If you are in the US and are a Capital One credit card holder, you can utilize Capital One's Eno service. Eno allows you to create virtual credit card numbers that are linked to your Capital One card to pay for purchases. This is great for times when your card is not around and you are sure the retailer is reasonably reputable, as you can maintain earning credit card points.

So bad this is not applicable in Canada....