Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Crypto Only Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Crypto Only Hosting

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

How much would it put you off if a host ONLY accepted Crypto (or any non reversible payment) as payments.

What if the provider had killer prices and top quality?

Comments

  • In principle fine, though I don't use crypto currency myself. There really aren't any small-payment processors that facilitate this though.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • randvegeta said: What if the provider had killer prices and top quality?

    Don't stop under $7 scum from making threads about you being a scam

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • WHTWHT Member

    There will be alot of abuse in my eyes. Btw am not a fan of cryptos

    Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • MxlMxl Member

    show the prices and order link.

  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Provider

    willie said: There really aren't any small-payment processors that facilitate this though.

    Bitcoin API? All altcoins have the same API. In addition to cryptonight forks in them a little differently.

    It's simple as for me, I learned recently for organizing transactions for a crypto faucet.

    My Hosting: ABCVG.net

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    randvegeta said: How much would it put you off if a host ONLY accepted Crypto (or any non reversible payment) as payments.

    What if the provider had killer prices and top quality?

    I take it this is another one of your "hypothetical" questions...

    It would do exactly zero to my interest because there's already tons of quality providers that take Bitcoin et al.

    Crypto coins stopped being a differentiator about three ago.

    Thanked by 1doughmanes

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @raindog308, is this another troll post?

    I'm asking if ONLY accepting currencies would put you off as a customer. The question has nothing to do with trying to figure out if people would prefer to pay with crypto or not. In fact I assume that by restricting payments to crypto only would generally be quite negative as it severely limits the size of your market. This is not about 'differentiation'.

    I don't know what you were trying to get at...

  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2018

    Well, you do come up with a fair bit of "hypothetical" threads as of late and go PMS when it doesn't go well.

    Just an observation.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • AidanAidan Member

    randvegeta said: How much would it put you off if a host ONLY accepted Crypto

    Not a bit - I'll do a bit more research as it'll make the host look a bit childish. You'll also be excluding the vast majority of possible customers.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @deank said:
    Well, you do come up with a fair bit of "hypothetical" threads as of late and go PMS when it doesn't go well.

    Just an observation.

    Am I missing something? Where is the hypothetical in my post?

  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2018

    It's not? I thought all threads started by you was hypothetical posts? It sounded like so at least. The loan, the UPS, and then the business questions.

    If not, then I am sorry. You kind of built that reputation around here.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • Crypto only hosting is good idea, but you will get the scaling issue. The solution is simple you accept crypto + traditional payment processor.

    On the hand there will be lot of abuse issues, for abusers crypto is heaven as it is anonymous.

    Hostter - Serving for years now! Bitcoin Accepted -
    Bitcoin VPS | Bitcoin Hosting

  • robert4u said: The solution is simple you accept crypto + traditional payment processor.

    I saw the idea as accepting only payment methods that didn't have any possibility of bogus chargebacks. That's a recurring problem with providers who take paypal etc. So not having a traditional payment option is an unremovable part of the scheme. It's like only accepting cash, but on the interwebs.

    #lexit spread the word.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @deank said:
    It's not? I thought all threads started by you was hypothetical posts? It sounded like so at least. The loan, the UPS, and then the business questions.

    If not, then I am sorry. You kind of built that reputation around here.

    What UPS? What hypothetical situation was posed? What business questions?

    I don't know.. if you can turn my post into a hypothetical without me actually posing one, I hardly see how that is my fault. I'd say you must be trolling, but it's your sig, so I guess that would be redundant.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    willie said: It's like only accepting cash, but on the interwebs.

    Exactly.

    robert4u said: On the hand there will be lot of abuse issues, for abusers crypto is heaven as it is anonymous.

    Well not accepting crypto doesn't deter abuse either. The biggest abuse we deal with is fraud/chargebacks, which is essentially impossible with crypto. So you deal with regular abuse as normal, but you would not have to deal with BS fraud. If you kick off abuse fairly quickly, you won't attract too much abuse long term. It ends up costing too much money really.

  • @randvegeta

    It really does feel like a hypothetical situation to me -- you're asking whether or not accepting cryptocurrencies as the sole payment method would be viable.

    I don't feel as though I'm trolling either.


    Answering your thread: Converting to crypto is cost prohibitive, and fees are unpredictable. If Bitcoin's fees skyrocket again, then it could cost more to send the crypto than the actual value.

    I wouldn't accept it as the sole method, but rather as one alongside other options.

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    @randvegeta said:
    What UPS? What hypothetical situation was posed? What business questions?

    I don't know.. if you can turn my post into a hypothetical without me actually posing one, I hardly see how that is my fault. I'd say you must be trolling, but it's your sig, so I guess that would be redundant.

    It's good that you are unaware. Some of threads you started made you quite embarrassing as a host.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • Some of the comments got me interested in looking into the OP's history. I see where the comments are coming from. It seems the OP may be basing business decisions on low end market samplings (his posts) or just having too descriptive water cooler chat where one could assume he's saving money on consulting fees with getting info from users to research himself

    Thanked by 1deank

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @deank said:

    @randvegeta said:
    What UPS? What hypothetical situation was posed? What business questions?

    I don't know.. if you can turn my post into a hypothetical without me actually posing one, I hardly see how that is my fault. I'd say you must be trolling, but it's your sig, so I guess that would be redundant.

    It's good that you are unaware. Some of threads you started made you quite embarrassing as a host.

    Right. I think you must be thinking of someone else or remembering things wrong.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider
    edited April 2018

    @doughmanes said:
    Some of the comments got me interested in looking into the OP's history. I see where the comments are coming from. It seems the OP may be basing business decisions on low end market samplings (his posts) or just having too descriptive water cooler chat where one could assume he's saving money on consulting fees with getting info from users to research himself

    What is LET for if not to discuss things relevant to the market? I'm not making decisions soley from LET feedback but yes, it is one sample source, as I'm sure is the case for many people here. It's A source of information.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2018

    The key word here is "discreet".

    I can act like a total jerk and be fine since I don't reveal who I am associated with. And it's why sometimes some host will have a business account and then a personal account.

    Asking is fine. Asking dump questions is even more fine for laughs and drama at LET, but be aware of who you associate yourself with or represent because how you act and behave will reflect on you.

    Just a troll's advice.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    deank said: Just a troll's advice.

    That's all well and good, but I don't come here with the brands I'm associated with plastered all over my sig or username. I don't see why I should 'hide' this either...

    What exactly do you think is a stupid question?

    I genuinely don't know what you're talking about: re UPS / Business questions. The only hypothetical scenario I can think of was the one about accepting collateral in exchange for a loan, which were filled with answers to a question nobody asked. And apparently being judged based on those questions I DID NOT ask.

    Personally, I think the dumb things to do would be to make assumptions without knowing a god damn thing. Many assumptions were made in that thread, but those assumptions were all entirely wrong. So my 'reputation' is predicated on other people's assumptions and stupidity, regardless of whether or not my initial hypothetical was stupid. Seriously!

    Jesus Christ, why are we even fucking talking about this? I only asked if people would be put off by a service provider if they ONLY accepted crypto. Am I now supposed to expect that every fucking post I start will be filled with BS about how my questions are just 'dumb' 'hypotheticals' and how it reflect poorly on a provider asking any questions at all? Seriously?

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

    @randvegeta said:

    deank said: Just a troll's advice.

    That's all well and good, but I don't come here with the brands I'm associated with plastered all over my sig or username. I don't see why I should 'hide' this either...

    What exactly do you think is a stupid question?

    I genuinely don't know what you're talking about: re UPS / Business questions. The only hypothetical scenario I can think of was the one about accepting collateral in exchange for a loan, which were filled with answers to a question nobody asked. And apparently being judged based on those questions I DID NOT ask.

    Personally, I think the dumb things to do would be to make assumptions without knowing a god damn thing. Many assumptions were made in that thread, but those assumptions were all entirely wrong. So my 'reputation' is predicated on other people's assumptions and stupidity, regardless of whether or not my initial hypothetical was stupid. Seriously!

    Jesus Christ, why are we even fucking talking about this? I only asked if people would be put off by a service provider if they ONLY accepted crypto. Am I now supposed to expect that every fucking post I start will be filled with BS about how my questions are just 'dumb' 'hypotheticals' and how it reflect poorly on a provider asking any questions at all? Seriously?

    I agree. Also, your topics does attract loads of discussions some better than others. Sure, some might be a little bit off the radar, but whatever.

    Also, why blame him for using LET as a source of information on what we as clients think about his ideas? That’s just a good thing. You also can’t blame him for acting exactly like LET tells him and only use one source since.. well.. we can’t know that.

Sign In or Register to comment.