Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your on-ear headphone recommendations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your on-ear headphone recommendations?

So far Ive had the Beats Studio (the old ones where you can still change battery by yourself). What other headphones are out there of equal/better quality you can recommend?

Comments

• sennheiser momentum series

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Audio-Technica ATH-M40x

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • elliotcelliotc Member
    edited March 2018

Final Audio Design Didn't see on-ear, HD800.

Thanked by 2Ympker VirMach
  • lemonlemon Member
    edited March 2018

QC35

I've read nuraphone is really good, but i didnt try them yet.

• Mine same with @solaire ATH-M40X :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @solaire said:
    Audio-Technica ATH-M40x

This for starters. I have a hd439 from Sennheiser that I got from a clearance sale back in 2012. It's still going great.

I would never be able to afford a replacement at current Sennheiser prices

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • DT990's, absolutely in love with them for a good price.

• BBTNBBTN Member

+1 for beyerdynamic DT990

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Bower & Wilkins P5

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@lemon said:
    QC35

+1 The Sony WH-1000XM2 are also pretty good.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I got the Monster Elements On-Ear. Maybe not the best song ever, but enough for me and I got them at half price. Why I love them :
    Bluetooth but still can use them with cable when batterie is dead.
    Nice looking.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I like the Monster and Beats On-Ear/headphones as sound is great.

• Beyer Deynamics 770 Pro for sure!

• jkr16jkr16 Member

If you can pick them up cheap, OTONE VTXsound headphones are great. Active noise cancellation is pretty good, it'll drown out train noise. They retailed for about £120 but the company went bust so you can usually pick them up for £30-40

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I have a pair of Steelseries Arctis 7, they are wireless and have essentially the same quality as all of the wired headsets I've used. Not too expensive and not cheap.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Consider whether you want closed back or open back. Closed back will not give you reproducible frequency response between different people and sessions. If that's not very important, then closed back is nice for the stronger bass and isolation.

Thanked by 3yomero vimalware Ympker
  • For what? You need to specific the usage and closed or open back

• @AlexJones said:
    For what? You need to specific the usage and closed or open back

Listening to music on my travels/at home, wherever. Like I did with my beats studio

• Bought the DT 770 Pro now :)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Bose QuietComfort 35 II

• filefile Member

@Ympker said:
    Bought the DT 770 Pro now :)

Nice choice! They're my "comfortable for long periods of time don't even try talking to me I can't hear you" headphones.

Planning to add DT990s to my mix though.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • samualsamual Member
    edited April 2018

I prefer SONY for good in all manner like affordability and comfort that anyone can use .
    Its best in many manner low cost good voice modulation and all that

• Edifier H/P185 for full sound spectrum

• Massdrop has some Sennheiser 7xx's if you can wait a bit to get them. You'll want closed back for music if you want bass that is.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • QC35 II

• Teufel Airy

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Way out of my price league but I was astonished at the pleasant listening experience of the old Stax electrostatics when I tried some in a store some years back. Not just the audio quality (which is subjective) but the comfort level too. They look horrendous but they are very lightweight and stay snug on the ears without clamping your head like a vise.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • tonyapac said: QC35 II

Well for noise cancellation then sure. Just picked up a pair of Sony WH-H900Ns for dirt cheap and can absolutely recommend them as well if you're looking for a similar experience.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

I use these:

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/around-ear-headphones-stereo-hd-559

It's hard to go wrong with anything Sennheiser. They can definitely get real expensive and usually the quality directly correlates with the price.

Beyerdynamic and Sony are also great picks (in most models, obviously not all).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2018

tascam th-02