Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

512MB RAM 50GB DISK 2TB BW $15/yr | Native IPv6 | Crissic Solutions LLC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

512MB RAM 50GB DISK 2TB BW $15/yr | Native IPv6 | Crissic Solutions LLC

Logo

Divider

About Crissic: Crissic Solutions, LLC is a fast growing hosting company based out of Springfield, Missouri. We have our own ARIN allocation (AS62639) and we own all of our hardware.

Our Promise: We promise to provide our customers with the best possible level of service with the highest grade hardware. In fact, we are so confident that you will love our services and exemplary support that we offer a 10 day money back guarantee.

Quick AUP: We do not allow IRC, Bittorrent, P2p, Warez, spamming, or anything illegal in the state of Florida or the United States of America. PRIVATE proxies are allowed. Runescape bots & Gameservers are NOT allowed. Personal IRC Bouncers are Permitted

Bandwidth Overage Policy: We NEVER charge for overages! If you hit your cap, your service is throttled to 10Mbps for the rest of the month. You can also purchase additional bandwidth at $2.50 per 1TB

Test Links Check out our brand new looking glass page at http://lg.crissic.net/

Native IPv6: You want it? We got it! Native IPv6, up to 200 individual IPs FREE. rDNS INCLUDED! (Submit Ticket)

Divider

OpenVZ Plans

OVZ512 OVZ1024
RAM: 512MB 1024MB
vSwap: 512MB 1024MB
HDD: 50GB 75GB
Bandwidth: 2000GB 3000GB
Speed: 1gbps 1gbps
IPv4 2 Dedicated 2 Dedicated
---------- --------------- ---------------
Price: $15/yr $28/yr
Order: Order Order

Divider

Available Operating Systems (32 and 64 bit):
Debian 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 7
Fedora 17, 18
Centos 5, 6
Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04

Don't see a template you need? Open a support ticket and we'll add it!

Addons:
1TB Bandwidth: $2.50/m
Additional IPs: $0.50 per IP per month (Jacksonville)
Direct Admin: $5/m
cPanel: $14.95/m
Divider

Comments

• Do you offer KVM?

• @skizoid said:
    Do you offer KVM?
    @skizoid said:

We do have a KVM line, but no specials at this time http://crissic.net/kvm

• @SkylarM said:
    We do have a KVM line, but no specials at this time http://crissic.net/kvm

Got a question about your KVM VPS's, on the 1024MB am i allowed to install Windows Server 2012 on it? (I have my own licence)

• @joodle said:

We are still changing up our policies a bit relating to KVM, but Windows licenses are not allowed at this time.

• @SkylarM said:
    We are still changing up our policies a bit relating to KVM, but Windows licenses are not allowed at this time.

Alright, seems like i have to keep looking for a KVM VPS on which i can run Windows Server 2012 with atleast 50GB of space

Thanks for the fast reply!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You should probably add Tor to the "Quick AUP" section.

2 TB + 10 mbps is very atractive for a little node and I was interesting in running a no-exit one until I got to your "long AUP" (because I assume even relays are forbidden).

Also, you maybe want to clarify the "P2P is forbidden" section? Software like BTSync is being increasingly popular and you are maybe ok with that (doesn't trash the I/O, isn't really used for warez)?

Just my two cents, nice offer anyway :)

• @Nyr said:
    You should probably add Tor to the "Quick AUP" section.

2 TB + 10 mbps is very atractive for a little node and I was interesting in running a no-exit one until I got to your "long AUP" (because I assume even relays are forbidden).

Also, you maybe want to clarify the "P2P is forbidden" section? Software like BTSync is being increasingly popular and you are maybe ok with that (doesn't trash the I/O, isn't really used for warez)?

Just my two cents, nice offer anyway :)

Appreciate the feedback! We do need to re-work our policies a bit to expand on some of our more recent changes, as well as add a more appropriate shared/reseller section, so I'll make sure to take a look at btsync and things of that nature and get them added where necessary.

• Your real AUP is extremely restrictive. Why is streaming prohibited? It does not hog CPU, it uses 1/4 of the $15/yr package RAM, it's not I/O intensive, it doesn't cause large network spikes and in long-term the client will buy additional traffic, so the profit increases.

Imagine that someone that starts a online radio, after some time buys 10TB additional traffic each month, that's $300 in a year, the same as having 20 more OVZ512 containers in the node.

I don't really understand why you are so restrictive...

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited September 2013

@albertdb said:
    Your real AUP is extremely restrictive. Why is streaming prohibited? It does not hog CPU, it uses 1/4 of the $15/yr package RAM, it's not I/O intensive, it doesn't cause large network spikes and in long-term the client will buy additional traffic, so the profit increases.

Imagine that someone that starts a online radio, after some time buys 10TB additional traffic each month, that's $300 in a year, the same as having 20 more OVZ512 containers in the node.

I don't really understand why you are so restrictive...

I don't mind pulling the streaming portion out of the AUP, it was just an initial decision. Now that we're on appropriate network hardware of our own I feel we could permit it again.

Edit: Modified AUP to be more accurate of what we permit at this point. TOR is permitted on a per-user basis and requires permission prior to activation (submit a ticket if you're interested). STREAMING is also no longer prohibited. Items such as BitSync are permitted for personal use but requires support approval prior to activation (Just so we have it labeled as such for our abuse monitoring policies).

As always if anyone has questions or concerns, let us know!

• Java ok?

• @jcaleb said:
    Java ok?

Depends on the application. Things like Minecraft servers or Minecraft related scripts such as BungeeCord, or RuneScape bots etc aren't permitted.

• More link application servers. E.g. Tomcat/Jboss. Might try to install Alfresco or Liferay.

• @jcaleb said:
    More link application servers. E.g. Tomcat/Jboss. Might try to install Alfresco or Liferay.

As long as it isn't abusive as per our TOS/AUP then it should be fine.

It's awesome to see how a provider listens to their future clients and is really reasonable about its policies.

Just ordered a little container :D

Instant order provisioning and @SkylarM is very friendly and reasonable. Nice routes from Europe too!

A pleasure to deal with.

• @Nyr said:
    Instant order provisioning and SkylarM is very friendly and reasonable. Nice routes from Europe too!

A pleasure to deal with.

Thanks for the order, hopefully everything works out well!

• Can I get a output of

wget dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.sh 2>/dev/null -O- | bash 
  • @black said:
    Can I get a output of

wget dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.sh 2>/dev/null -O- | bash 

Our new 10gbit Juniper switch that we got in Friday had defective Flash so we're waiting on a replacement switch to get in on Wednesday. These results are on a 1gbit switch that we will have replaced by Wednesday, so speeds will not be accurate once we're on that 10gbit Juniper :) I'll try and provide a speed result from the 10gbit switch as soon as we have it in.

[root@jax5 vz]# wget dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.sh 2>/dev/null -O- | bash
    Testing US locations
    Speedtest from Houston, TX, USA on a shared 1 Gbps port
    Download Speed: 4.37 MB/sec
    Upload speed: 13.83 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Los Angeles, CA, USA [ generously donated by http://maximumvps.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
    Download Speed: 3.36 MB/sec
    Upload speed: 5.91 MB/sec
    Speedtest from South Bend, Indiana, USA [ generously donated by NodeBytes ] on a shared 100 Mbps port
    Download Speed: 1.64 MB/sec
    Upload speed: 5.80 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Dallas, TX, USA on a shared 4x1 Gbps port
    Download Speed: 2.23 MB/sec
    Upload speed: 16.22 MB/sec

Testing EU locations
    Speedtest from Tallinn, Estonia on a shared 1 Gbps port
    Download Speed: 1.02 MB/sec
    Upload speed: 2.17 MB/sec

• I'll wait for the 10Gbps switch results :)

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited September 2013

These results had been ran when we got the switch online, however it went into a boot loop shortly thereafter and we determined it best to replace due to an issue with the FLASH. But these results should be similar to that of the new switch on Wednesday. I'll make sure to run your specific requested output as soon as it's online and running.

Download speed from CacheFly: 77.2MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 70.4MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 44.4MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.67MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 6.75MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.24MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 12.0MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 10.2MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 46.1MB/s

• what's cpu core??

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@skizoid said:
    what's cpu core??

Each plan comes with 3 4 and 4 respectively.

Old Hardware is Dual L5520's beginning Wednesday when we get our new node online all vps nodes (new ones) will be Dual L5639's