Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with flexible resources
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with flexible resources

CdoeCdoe Member

Hey,
I'm looking for reliable VPS with 1 core, 1GB RAM, 50GB storage (SSD not required), about 300GB monthly bandwidth.

The main purpose of server is to be last resort backup for Postgres/nginx www server. In case of failure it should handle at least some part of www traffic until the dedicated server will get fixed. That's when I would like to have option to add more ram/vcores to my VPS, as the 1c/1GB ram won't be sufficient to handle all the requests.

Currently I'm using secondary dedicated server for this, but it's waste of money to pay $50/month for idling server with 30GB of data, as the project is totally non-profit.

Comments

• imokimok Member

Digital Ocean? droplet + block storage, so you can resize up/down at anytime.

• ...and what do you mean by flexible resources? The ability to split your VM anytime? resize anytime? or maybe ability to upgrade it later? And what resources you want to be flexible? CPU, RAM, HDD or IPs? Wishosting can provide everything that, except IP (unless you buy 2nd package of the same and combine it into one VM). Michael is using OpenNebula as control panel and it's a breeze to recreate VMs. The cheapest KVM HDD Limited plan for $4 should be sufficient for your needs - 1vCPU | 2GB RAM | 200 HDD. If you want SSD you can take a look at KVM SSD Limited (12GB tho) or regular KVM SSD (60GB, but $2 more).

• @MrPsycho said:

is https://www.wishosting.com your site? i need storage vps in cheap. in your sign, i saw 1tb kvm, which perfect for me, but in website, i didn't find any terms page. can i host adult?

• @bdspice said:

It is not. The owner is @exception0x876. You can find ToS under KB (Knowledge Base). Generally speaking hosting adult stuff shouldn't be a big problem, unless it's stolen, pirated or has bad taste. However make sure to get clarification from @exception0x876. IIRC the 1TB package comes with no dedicated IPv4, so also make sure that's not a problem for you.

• @MrPsycho said:

@bdspice said:

It is not. The owner is @exception0x876. You can find ToS under KB (Knowledge Base). Generally speaking hosting adult stuff shouldn't be a big problem, unless it's stolen, pirated or has bad taste. However make sure to get clarification from @exception0x876. IIRC the 1TB package comes with no dedicated IPv4, so also make sure that's not a problem for you.

thanks. i m not sure about nat vps actually. i never use it for content storage. can i host domains on nat vps like kvm? can i install nginx, php,mariadb etc? adult content are personal videos and public adult+non adult images for http://imgmatter.com. nothing else.

• bdspice said: can i host domains on nat vps like kvm? can i install nginx, php,mariadb etc?

Yes, you can. You will have to ask Michael to setup reverse proxy tho (so your website traffic will be routed to your VM).

• CdoeCdoe Member

Ok, I did some research. With Hetzner's cloud I can purchase 10eur server and if I need more cores and ram just upgrade to highest option with hourly billing. There's even a checkbox to not resize the available disk space so I can downgrade flawlessly.

That's what I needed :) Thanks for the contribution.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Cdoe - Glad that you were able to find what you were looking for with our Hetzner Cloud! If you have any questions later about the rescaling feature or the billing, you can write a support request directly via Cloud Console. --Katie, Marketing

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@OP Our public cloud might feet, i mean you can setup a VM you keep turned on at the lowest plan and upgrade ressources when needed or you can set up the VM which will be able to handle you traffic and turn it off (hourly billing system).

You can view the plans here https://ikou.la/h