Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the cost of 1 USD in your own countrie's currency,Do you think its high?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the cost of 1 USD in your own countrie's currency,Do you think its high?

rahulksrahulks Member
edited September 2013 in General

In India, 1 USD = 65 INR(Today) , which is pretty high.How is it in yours ?

You only need to post a reply in this thread only if you do not live in USA.

Comments

• 1 USD is like €0.74 here

• +- MYR 3.23 now.

• 1USD = 1.44480BGN. This is low, the "normal" rate i'm used to is about 1.5
    Note: the BGN is fixed exchange rate to the EUR - 1 EUR = 1.95583 BGN

• @budi1413 Please also say if the cost is high or not according to you.

• As of now, Google says 1USD = 11537 IDR.
    Yeah you have a number, we add 4 zeros. People say Indonesians are good at math because we are used to deal with a lot of numbers.

• Lol, ask @serverian - when i was in Istanbul 10+ years ago it was like 1-2 million TRL for 1 USD. They removed 6 zeros from the currency though.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited September 2013

1 USD is 1.03 Canadian Dollar

As much as this is negligible, with all of my purchases combined in the past couple of months, I could've saved around $40 USD.

I missed it when the Canadian Dollar was far stronger than the American dollar.

• @rahulks said:
    budi1413 Please also say if the cost is high or not according to you.

It's quiet high. -_- 3 months ago it's about MYR 2.90.

• 1 USD = 77.20 BDT, cheap on here. Few months back it was 82.00 BDT.

• 1 USD = 0.98 AUD

Which is pretty high t one point AUD was higher which was great!

• 43php

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited September 2013

@rahulks INR is not 65 its approx 62.5 (today) per 1 US$.
    Very bad if compared with 44-50 range and quite better then where it reached few days ago, nearing 70

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

It is about 3.31 Lei, means it is low, it keeps getting lower lately. Romania has excedent in external trade first time since 1989 and most currencies are going down as people need to exchange them for local currency. Besides that, there are romanians working abroad that send money in and worsen the problem.
    We are having price increases while the currency goes up and interests go down. Foreign investment is also going down due to this, it is cheaper to invest elsewhere, everyone is hoping the national bank will come to the rescue again like in 2001-2006 when bought tons of foreign currency to keep the exchange rate adequate in the face of the foreign capital coming.
    Now the foreign capital leaves (especially banks which is not a bad thing) but the exports kept growing and this year we had a very good agricultural year too, so the pressure will increase, the national bank has to buy to release in worse years in the future.
    That in itself might overheat the economy generating more exports, so it is a very nasty situation.

• 0.62 GBP.

• Right now it’s high:
    5,995 NOK / €0,74 = $ 1 USD
    before in January it was:
    5,455 NOK / €0,67 = $ 1 USD
    It’s climbing, but you know Americans with their expensive drones and debt limit: It's probably going down again sometime. Euro is heading straight up come on go a little bit down xD

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@ATHK said:
    1 USD = 0.98 AUD

Which is pretty high t one point AUD was higher which was great!

No idea where you are getting your cash converted but they are giving you a VERY good rate. It's been sitting between 0.91 and 0.95 for the last few weeks.

• 1USD = 11.500 IDR .

1USD i can get
    2 plate fried rice . or 2 liter gas oil

• 1 usd = 7.75 Hong Kong Dollars . It is a fixed exchange rate .
    1 us

• @blackeye said:
    1USD = 11.500 IDR .

1USD i can get
    2 plate fried rice . or 2 liter gas oil

Nice. For 1 USD = 0.75 Euro I get a chewing gum in Germany nothing more. 1 litre gas costs 1.61 Euro or 2.18 USD.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2013

1 dollar=6.1 CNY. I can buy a bowl vegatables noodles.lol.

• @ska said:
    Nice. For 1 USD = 0.75 Euro I get a chewing gum in Germany nothing more. 1 litre gas costs 1.61 Euro or 2.18 USD.

usually 1usd i can eat 1 day = 3x in school .

because i am student haha .

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

+1 dollar = 0.5 UIH (uncle is happy)

• @blackeye said:
    usually 1usd i can eat 1 day = 3x in school .
    because i am student haha .

That is nice. 1 student meal here costs between 3-4 Euro.

• 1 dollar = 4065 riels (cambodia). I can eat once in restaurant with this (no drink!) and it's the average rate, went down tho from 4100 a few weeks ago.

• @ska said:
    That is nice. 1 student meal here costs between 3-4 Euro.

yes i think 1 usd is expensive for me .

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

Here 1 $ can buy you half a liter of diesel, 1 super small hamburger, 3 Kg of tomatoes in a very good year or 1.5 in a bad one, half a cinema ticket or 1/5 of a small theater one, 6 $ costs an 140 KM train trip, a good paper is also about half a dollar, a 1 Kg good quality loaf of bread is about 2 $, renting in expensive areas of town costs about 500 $ for a 3 rooms apartment, can go to 200 in other areas or older buildings, 1 Kg of grapes (best quality at this time of year), 1 Kg of meat for cats (chicken necks), 8 eggs medium size, 1 L of wholemilk (cow version), 300 g of cheese (sheep or goat variant, cow is about 400 g). Prices here (Bucharest) are much higher than in other areas, you can get food 3 times cheaper, even, in some areas.

Thanked by 1Abdussamad
  • I am on EU, Joodle already wrote the current EUR/USD rate.

For those that are interested, there is a nice currency graphing tool at http://www.oanda.com/ , click on the "historical Exchange rates" link at the bottom left.
    Basic business analytics shows a clear relation between currency exchange rate trend and exports sales.

• $1 is around 122 ISK now. was around 70 ISK before the bank crisis.

• tuxtux Member
    edited September 2013

1 USD is 0,7395 EUR and if I say it on old currency unit, it is 4,3962 FIM.

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited September 2013

It could be better, we are switching to Euro af the end of this year anyway. The Latvian Lats is attached to euro with +-1% margin, so it shouldn't be a big difference after we switch currencies.

1 US Dollar equals
    0.52 Latvian Lats