Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostmybytes shared hosting outage without any reply
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostmybytes shared hosting outage without any reply

This afternoon my host from hostmybytes became unreachable and opened a ticket regarding this issue. 10 hours later, no reply and host still time out. Anyone can help?

Comments

• Yeah this is the third time this month it's been down. They say guaranteed 60 min response. Absolute garbage provider. I have opened a ticket and no response.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Contact them via Cell phone or something. Maybe it will help you.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Contact them via Cell phone or something. Maybe it will help you.

I'm not wasting money on an international call for this. Phone is so last century.

• Just got a reply to my ticket:

Hello,

This has been fixed.

Regards,

Peter S.
    HostMyBytes
    https://www.hostmybytes.com

Great. It was down for 15 hours, 11 minutes and 17 seconds.

• @dahartigan said:
    Just got a reply to my ticket:

Hello,

This has been fixed.

Regards,

Peter S.
    HostMyBytes
    https://www.hostmybytes.com

Great. It was down for 15 hours, 11 minutes and 17 seconds.

Is it normal for hostmybytes? My tickets can only be replied by their staff once each day which made me quite worried.

• @ytyabc said:
    [T]ickets can only be replied by [...] staff once each day [...]

That is ingenious.

• Run away and dont look back. By far the worst web host I've ever used.

• ytyabcytyabc Member
    edited March 2018

@dahartigan said:
    Run away and dont look back. By far the worst web host I've ever used.

Are you still using it?

• @ytyabc said:

@dahartigan said:

Are you still using it?

Not any more, I never actually had anything important hosted there. I like to test out a server before I go live with it. I would suggest you find better hosting.

• AlphaRacks, HostMyBytes, you guys keep falling for this crap over and over

• dahartigan said: Not any more, I never actually had anything important hosted there. I like to test out a server before I go live with it.

So where does your important stuff live?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@ Woothosting?

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • There was a large DDoS attack targeted towards the main IP address of our one shared hosting servers, which caused the datacenter to nullroute the IP address... We have increased our protection limits, and the attack is actively being mitigated.

We are happy to issue SLA credits due to the downtime caused if you contact billing.

VPS customers or clients with dedicated IPs were not affected by this incident. We're also working on improving our support response times on the weekends. We have it down pat on weekdays for the most part but due to staff taking days off, etc we are still trying to recruit at least one more person so we can have a consistently staffed weekend schedule. We're doing our best, guys!

• hostmybytes_jonathan said: We are happy to issue SLA credits due to the downtime caused if you contact billing.

But but but you lost @dahartigan's business.

• @hostmybytes_jonathan said:
    There was a large DDoS attack targeted towards the main IP address of our one shared hosting servers, which caused the datacenter to nullroute the IP address... We have increased our protection limits, and the attack is actively being mitigated.

We are happy to issue SLA credits due to the downtime caused if you contact billing.

VPS customers or clients with dedicated IPs were not affected by this incident. We're also working on improving our support response times on the weekends. We have it down pat on weekdays for the most part but due to staff taking days off, etc we are still trying to recruit at least one more person so we can have a consistently staffed weekend schedule. We're doing our best, guys!

Hi Jonathan,

I just wanted to thank you for being transparent with this, and taking the feedback provided onboard with regards to ticket responses. As you can tell by this thread, it doesn't take a lot to turn customers into detractors fairly quickly, so I'm sure this may assure some people that this is an event that is unfortunate for all.

In my case, I'm happy with the way it was resolved.

@saibal said:

dahartigan said: Not any more, I never actually had anything important hosted there. I like to test out a server before I go live with it.

So where does your important stuff live?

I have a few different servers, I'm happy to PM you with the details if you're interested, I'd rather not make it public though.

@deank said:
    @ Woothosting?

I'd be lying if I said I don't have services hosted with them, and happily so, since you mentioned them. I know you were just trolling me though :P

• imokimok Member

@dahartigan said:
    Yeah this is the third time this month it's been down. They say guaranteed 60 min response. Absolute garbage provider. I have opened a ticket and no response.

@dahartigan said:

dahartigan said: In my case, I'm happy with the way it was resolved.

I'm confused.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @imok said:

@dahartigan said:
    Yeah this is the third time this month it's been down. They say guaranteed 60 min response. Absolute garbage provider. I have opened a ticket and no response.

@dahartigan said:

dahartigan said: In my case, I'm happy with the way it was resolved.

I'm confused.

Are you ok? I started off by saying they suck, I was pissed that I had no response, and then I got a response that made me happy.

I'll elaborate for you. I had downtime, with no explanation. During that period I saw this thread and vented in it. After that, I got a ticket explaining what had happened and it was out of their control. Additionally, they addressed my concerns about ticket response times both in the ticket and in public on this thread promising to improve. I mean, what else could they do at that point in time other than make improvements, which they have clearly taken steps towards?

Are you still confused? You sure you're ok? :P

• Shared hosting is dangerous - bad neighbor effect of one customer ruining the web server or incoming DDOS attacks on a shared IP address

• dahartigan said: I'd rather not make it public though.

Why? We could all bring some business to them. After all isn't this community about sharing?

dahartigan said: I mean, what else could they do at that point in time other than make improvements, which they have clearly taken steps towards?

So you're still with them?

• @saibal said:

dahartigan said: I'd rather not make it public though.

Why? We could all bring some business to them. After all isn't this community about sharing?

Well, since you asked. I use a combination of 2 dedis from serwerydedykowane.pl, a shitload of vps from woothosting and a prem vps from binarylane. All 3 are running in perfect harmony.

dahartigan said: I mean, what else could they do at that point in time other than make improvements, which they have clearly taken steps towards?

So you're still with them?

Yes.

• ytyabcytyabc Member
    edited March 2018

@hostmybytes_jonathan said:
    There was a large DDoS attack targeted towards the main IP address of our one shared hosting servers, which caused the datacenter to nullroute the IP address... We have increased our protection limits, and the attack is actively being mitigated.

Thank you for solving the problem just before my demo. Could you please also help accelerate the processing of the other two tickets of my host? I have already PM you the ticket numbers. Your help will be highly appreciated.

• ytyabc said: Thank you for solving the problem just before my demo. Could you please also help accelerate the processing of the other two tickets of my host? I have already PM you the ticket numbers. Your help will be highly appreciated.

All set - thanks again and enjoy the remainder of your weekend :)

• @hostmybytes_jonathan is that your policy answering a ticket once a day?

• isijosamuaisijosamua Member
    edited March 2018

I have a reseller plan with them since December 2017, and I'm not using it because of few reasons. Can't complain the performance for the first few months, until experiencing more than 30 hours of unexpected downtime without explanation. And also the reseller IP server get blacklisted.

• emghemgh Member

@tenpera said:
    @hostmybytes_jonathan is that your policy answering a ticket once a day?

Sit tight he’ll get back to you by tomorrow.

Thanked by 2imok Wolveix
  • ytyabcytyabc Member
    edited March 2018

@emgh said:

@tenpera said:
    @hostmybytes_jonathan is that your policy answering a ticket once a day?

Sit tight he’ll get back to you by tomorrow.

Let's wait and see.:P

• @doughmanes said:
    Shared hosting is dangerous - bad neighbor effect of one customer ruining the web server or incoming DDOS attacks on a shared IP address

However, a dedicated IP might save you~.

• WHTWHT Member

@ytyabc said:

@doughmanes said:
    Shared hosting is dangerous - bad neighbor effect of one customer ruining the web server or incoming DDOS attacks on a shared IP address

However, a dedicated IP might save you~.

If server goes down only god can save you but not dedicated ip :)