Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server in NA, gbps, high bandwidth limit, i7 processor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server in NA, gbps, high bandwidth limit, i7 processor

Looking for a dedicated server in NA with the following requirements:

• VERY GOOD PEERING
  • 1 gbps port
  • 30TB+ Bandwidth limit, preferably higher
  • i7 processor (6700k, 7700k, 8700k)
  • Under $130/month, preferably around 100.
  • 16GB-32GB Ram
  • Low storage (Don't need much storage, just 1 SSD so I don't want to waste my money on it)

If you have anything close to these requirements, please throw it at me, I am a little flexible except it MUST have an i7 processor(need quick sync).

Don't recommend noxic, they are sold out.

Comments

• Have you tried wholesaleinternet? (Its a joke)

SYS Game dedis may be worth taking a look, for your budget you can take 2 of them.

• @vovler said:
    Have you tried wholesaleinternet? (Its a joke)

SYS Game dedis may be worth taking a look, for your budget you can take 2 of them.

All of there i7s are out of stock.

• https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/dedicated-servers/game/171mc1.xml

I think I know what you need it for, Plex? right? I'd suggest not to bother with hardware transcoding, the quality is worse then software transcoding, and you can get a much higher performing xeon with higher passmark for cheaper. My 2c, however that OVH box ticks all your requirements.

• @machine123 said:
    https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/dedicated-servers/game/171mc1.xml

I think I know what you need it for, Plex? right? I'd suggest not to bother with hardware transcoding, the quality is worse then software transcoding, and you can get a much higher performing xeon with higher passmark for cheaper. My 2c, however that OVH box ticks all your requirements.

Thanks, for the suggestion! It is for plex. OVH bandwidth is way to low for me, 250mbps won't cut it. My issue with just software transcoding is you lose so much, an i7 7700k with 15k passmark can transcode over 20 streams while an xeon with 20k passmark could do 10.

• Can get 1230v3 + 50TB transit for ~$120 from Hivelocity in Tampa. But is an E3, not an i7. You can also look at ReliableSite, although I think their bandwidth upgrades are pretty expensive. Maybe you can get a discount with a custom quote.

• devhost2devhost2 Member
    edited March 2018

@maldovia said:
    Can get 1230v3 + 50TB transit for ~$120 from Hivelocity in Tampa. But is an E3, not an i7. You can also look at ReliableSite, although I think their bandwidth upgrades are pretty expensive. Maybe you can get a discount with a custom quote.

I really wanted to use reliablesite, but the bandwidth was to low for me, they have great peering though.

1230v3 has no quick sync, which I need.

• devhost2 said: 250mbps won't cut it.

It bursts to 1gbps, the only time you will have an issue with that is you have continuous 6+ streams more then 95% of the time, that is 20 hours each day, extremely unlikely, to give you an idea, I have close to 55+ users on my plex server and that has never been the case.

• @machine123 said:

devhost2 said: 250mbps won't cut it.

It bursts to 1gbps, the only time you will have an issue with that is you have continuous 6+ streams more then 95% of the time, that is 20 hours each day, extremely unlikely, to give you an idea, I have close to 55+ users on my plex server and that has never been the case.

Alright, I will look into OVH then, I have 15 users now, and just last night I had 8 concurrent streams.

• @machine123 said:

Are you high? Ovh doesn't have more than 250mbps port on i7 and their peering is ok at best. Reliablesite has i7 dedis matching all your requirements except they only have 10TB of transfer

• @machine123 said:

Are you high? Ovh doesn't have more than 250mbps port on i7 and their peering is ok at best. Reliablesite has i7 dedis matching all your requirements except they only have 10TB of transfer