Cheapest .co.uk provider

Cheapest .co.uk provider

coopercooper Member

I'm looking for a good low cost .co.uk provider.

The best I've found so far with transparent pricing is Internet.bs at £4.99 per year.

123reg are advertising a misleading £0.99 per year but when you add on the whois fee and VAT it costs £7.20 per year. Which is meh and because of their non-transparency makes me inclined to never ever use or recommend them.

I usually use porkbun and namesilo but they don't do .co.uk domain names.

Have I missed anyone?

Comments

• names.co.uk are doing them free atm

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• coopercooper Member

@jackhadrill Thanks for that. With the whois privacy fee and VAT they work out the same price as Internet.bs. They have no information that I can see on their site about the renewal fee but I can only imagine it'll be increased significantly from the promotional price.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

Whois privacy for .uk ?

Either you're a private individual in which case it is automatically not disclosed or you're a business and you're legally required to publish them.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• beaglebeagle Member

It seems OVH registration is slightly more expensive but it's renewal fee is the cheapest.

Have a look at https://tld-list.com/tld/uk

Thanked by 1cooper
  • coopercooper Member

@Clouvider said: Whois privacy for .uk ?

Either you're a private individual in which case it is automatically not disclosed or you're a business and you're legally required to publish them.

It is a non-commercial website. So, it would seem both 123reg and Names.co.uk are charging a fee for something that should not be disclosed?

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider
    edited March 23

Do not use names.co.uk unless you want to be charged 3 times the reg cost for renewal and be forced to pay for transferring away (IPS TAG change isn't free).

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
  • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

Make fucknames.co.uk work hard for you.

Mhm.

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!