Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Cheapest .co.uk provider

Cheapest .co.uk provider

coopercooper Member

I'm looking for a good low cost .co.uk provider.

The best I've found so far with transparent pricing is Internet.bs at £4.99 per year.

123reg are advertising a misleading £0.99 per year but when you add on the whois fee and VAT it costs £7.20 per year. Which is meh and because of their non-transparency makes me inclined to never ever use or recommend them.

I usually use porkbun and namesilo but they don't do .co.uk domain names.

Have I missed anyone?

Comments

• names.co.uk are doing them free atm

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• coopercooper Member

@jackhadrill Thanks for that. With the whois privacy fee and VAT they work out the same price as Internet.bs. They have no information that I can see on their site about the renewal fee but I can only imagine it'll be increased significantly from the promotional price.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

Whois privacy for .uk ?

Either you're a private individual in which case it is automatically not disclosed or you're a business and you're legally required to publish them.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• beaglebeagle Member

It seems OVH registration is slightly more expensive but it's renewal fee is the cheapest.

Have a look at https://tld-list.com/tld/uk

Thanked by 1cooper
  • coopercooper Member

@Clouvider said: Whois privacy for .uk ?

Either you're a private individual in which case it is automatically not disclosed or you're a business and you're legally required to publish them.

It is a non-commercial website. So, it would seem both 123reg and Names.co.uk are charging a fee for something that should not be disclosed?

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider
    edited March 23

Do not use names.co.uk unless you want to be charged 3 times the reg cost for renewal and be forced to pay for transferring away (IPS TAG change isn't free).

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
  • NodeKidNodeKid Member

Ishaq said: Do not use names.co.uk unless you want to be charged 3 times the reg cost for renewal and be forced to pay for transferring away (IPS TAG change isn't free).

Sage advice.

I however took advantage of the free .co.uk and registered…

fucknames.co.uk

I hope they like it.

• NodeKidNodeKid Member
    edited March 29

Well I received a C&D for defamation from namesco's legal team this morning, justified it seems by my hideous lies remarks to the effect they charge exorbitant renewal and transfer fees that I posted on fucknames.co.uk.

I'm pretty sure telling the truth isn't defamation (it's not) but being the nice chap I am I swiftly complied with this pack of robbing bastards, removed the site, and changed the nameservers back to namesco… which means they are now hosting this little gem themselves-with advertising!

Poetic justice at it's best.

Screen_Shot_2018_03_29_at_16_02_38

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

Make fucknames.co.uk work hard for you.

Mhm.

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!