Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

cPanel Apache+PHP Config Advice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Apache+PHP Config Advice

tafa2tafa2 Member
edited March 2018 in Help

Hi guys,

I've been managing servers for a long time but am new to cPanel and was hoping to get some advice regarding my Apache and PHP config.

I'd like a fast, secure and flexible configuration to run the typical blogs, e-commerce stores and CMS'.
There won't be any crazy high traffic sites, but they do use a fair amount of bandwidth. As end-users will have access to their accounts, it should be fair to assume that they have the ability to upload code that could misbehave.

There probably won't be more than 20-30 sites and I was thinking of using a 4GB 2 Core VPS (Linode) to start off with.

I've read quite a few forum posts, articles and guides and thought about going for the following config:

Apache with:

• MPM Worker
  • mod_deflate
  • mod_suphp
  • mod_suexec
  • mod_http2
  • mod_cgid

PHP:

• php_opcache
  • PHP-FPM
  • Versions 5.6, 7.0, 7.1

Would anyone recommend enabling mod_ruid2 for better security?

Although I fully realise that not all setups and configurations are the same, I'd appreciate any insight/advice you might have on the above.

Thank you!

Comments

• imokimok Member

tafa2 said: Would anyone recommend enabling mod_ruid2 for better security?

IIRC there are problems with mod_ruid2 and mod_security. In case you are thinking on both.