Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap dedicated server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap dedicated server in Europe

Hello, I am looking for a cheap dedicated server.
My budget is 35 - 40 EUR per month.
The most important for me is CPU and EU location.
The server will be used for game hosting.
Thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• Check current Game Offers from SyS (30% off):

http://soyoustart.com/ie/game-servers/

• No stock there though!

• is something similar to this set currently available?

• TommySRVTommySRV Member
    edited March 2018

@Kssenro said:
    is something similar to this set currently available?

Checkout: https://serwerydedykowane.pl/en/homepage/

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4th gen
    • RAM: 24 GB
    • Storage: 2x 120 GB SSD or 2x 1 TB HDD
    • Bandwidth: 1 Gbit
    • Price: 38 EUR

If You decide to buy server from them, during the order enter the code 396B-A9A2-02E8 (mod edit: is an aff code, but should still give you a discount nonetheless) to get additional 25% one time discount.

With my code You can get that server for 28 EUR :-)

Promocode applies to all billing periods.

• bookreaderbookreader Member
    edited March 2018

I do recommend FinalHosting.cz - one of the best hosting companies in Europe.

For a a customized offer please contact Mr Klauda at: [email protected]

• KssenroKssenro Member
    edited March 2018

@TommySRV said:

Checkout: https://serwerydedykowane.pl/en/homepage/

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4th gen
    • RAM: 24 GB
    • Storage: 2x 120 GB SSD or 2x 1 TB HDD
    • Bandwidth: 1 Gbit
    • Price: 38 EUR

If You decide to buy server from them, during the order enter the code 396B-A9A2-02E8 (mod edit: is an aff code, but should still give you a discount nonetheless) to get additional 25% one time discount.

With my code You can get that server for 28 EUR :-)

Promocode applies to all billing periods.

Thanks! I will try that.
    Thank you for code :)

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited March 2018

If you would like some of the cheapest servers available in EU, I would recommend checking out the following providers as they tend to offer some pretty good deals every now and then:

SEFlow - http://www.seflow.net/2/index.php/en/services/baremetalserver/browseservers

Servdiscount - https://servdiscount.com/en.html

Hetzner Auction - https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

• KssenroKssenro Member
    edited March 2018

I choosed server in serwerydedykowane.pl

I'm impressed that everything is fine with network

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Kssenro said:
    I choosed server in serwerydedykowane.pl

I'm impressed that everything is fine with network

with <1ms RTT you're looking at a fairly local speed test server. Maybe even the same network. Try international connectivity, this should give you a good measure. Unless of course, you're aiming at visitors/players from PL solely.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Okay, i have another speed test result:

• Very Good Results

• I got the same server with this stupid company, signed for a 3 month period. I wanted to use it for disk intensive computational tasks and I needed all the space so I assumed I will be able to put the two SSDs in raid 0, now before I get a lecture on raid 0 I fully and completely understand the risk and my data is backed up in multiple locations, it wasn't the availability of the data as much the extra speed and space I needed for the job I had to do.

Well, you can't put the system in raid 0 via their control panel, so I contacted support, they told me to not use raid 0, I explained that yes I understand the risk and I am willing to take it. They said we can do it for another 100 PLN , that's $30 jesus. I asked for a refund, they responded with sorry, service has been met, no refund. Only after I said I will open a paypal dispute they offered to put the SSDs in raid 0 for no cost one time. Had I known before their control panel is so lacking I wouldn't have signed up with them.

• TommySRVTommySRV Member
    edited March 2018

@machine123

@machine123 said:
    I got the same server with this stupid company, signed for a 3 month period. I wanted to use it for disk intensive computational tasks and I needed all the space so I assumed I will be able to put the two SSDs in raid 0, now before I get a lecture on raid 0 I fully and completely understand the risk and my data is backed up in multiple locations, it wasn't the availability of the data as much the extra speed and space I needed for the job I had to do.

Well, you can't put the system in raid 0 via their control panel, so I contacted support, they told me to not use raid 0, I explained that yes I understand the risk and I am willing to take it. They said we can do it for another 100 PLN , that's $30 jesus. I asked for a refund, they responded with sorry, service has been met, no refund. Only after I said I will open a paypal dispute they offered to put the SSDs in raid 0 for no cost one time. Had I known before their control panel is so lacking I wouldn't have signed up with them.

I can't believe that. They have the best that support I ever known. Maybe you misunderstood something?

I have 4 servers in this company and support was always nice and very helpful. Even difficult problems were solved within 30min, so it seems strange for me. Can you tell something more?

• machine123machine123 Member
    edited March 2018

TommySRV said: I can't believe that. They have the best that support I ever known. Maybe you misunderstood something?

I have 4 servers in this company and support was always nice and very helpful. Even difficult problems were solved within 30min, so it seems strange for me. Can you tell something more?

what part do you think I misunderstood? I have literally conveyed in my message everything that happened, there is no email trail since they dont have a ticketing system, its a chat window and I didn't save the chat.

If you want to confirm my story, simply go in your control panel -> reinstall and see if you can do a raid 0. If you want to investigate furthar, simply ask them to convert one of your servers into raid 0, they will ask you for 100 pln.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2018

@machine123 said:

TommySRV said: I can't believe that. They have the best that support I ever known. Maybe you misunderstood something?

what part do you think I misunderstood? I have literally conveyed in my message everything that happened, there is no email trail since they dont have a ticketing system, its a chat window and I didn't save the chat.

If you want to confirm my story, simply go in your control panel -> reinstall and see if you can do a raid 0. If you want to investigate furthar, simply ask them to convert one of your servers into raid 0, they will ask you for 100 pln.

Setting up raid 0 is your responsibility. I did the same thing myself by creating an LVM pool.

Don't blame support because they aren't hand holding you through something that isn't a server issue.

I have 2 servers with them and I couldn't be happier.

Some people just complain for the sake of it I believe.

You can also use coupon E3D7-C20D-0EDE (mod edit: that's an aff code, but should still give you a discount nonetheless) for serwerydedykowane if you want 25% off any billing cycle :)

• machine123machine123 Member
    edited March 2018

It's not hand holding, it's the access to my server which is prohibited to perform this myself, if there is no support then don't say they have the best support, they list on their website 7 days refund, then why was I denied one after 15 minutes of server provisioning? You have a hard on for these guys I get it I also get that you are are an affiliate, I am not. Your opinion is biased.

• lazytlazyt Member

Hardware raid or software raid?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2018

@lazyt said:
    Hardware raid or software raid?

Software RAID.

@machine123 said:
    It's not hand holding, it's the access to my server which is prohibited to perform this myself, if there is no support then don't say they have the best support, they list on their website 7 days refund, then why was I denied one after 15 minutes of server provisioning? You have a hard on for these guys I get it I also get that you are are an affiliate, I am not. Your opinion is biased.

The access to perform this is completely provided, software RAID is something you set up yourself. Don't try to blame other people for your lack of knowledge. I believe your expectations on what support should do are set wrong. Free support is available for server issues, ie problems that are on their hardware or their system. If you want them to do something for you that you can do yourself, then they or any provider are within their rights to ask you to pay for it.

I don't see what being an affiliate or having a hard on for them has to do with it? This is an unmanaged server. If you want them to do things like setting up RAID, you'd need a managed server - and you'd be paying a lot more.

I have had zero problems with them, aside from their system not completing an install properly. When I opened live chat I got it fixed for free.

• @Zen said:
    Partitioning on initial deployment is not a managed feature.

Fair enough. Well let's agree that they suck and call it a day?

• dahartigan said: I don't see what being an affiliate or having a hard on for them has to do with it?

It has everything to do with it, you are trying to blame their incompetence on the customer expecting too much on a bloody first install. They don't provide IPMI or any way to to define partitions for your server, they have set a 0 gb swap partition on my server, I didn't want it like that, 100pln to change it. It is also very obvious why you would be taking their side and making it look like my fault, because you are an affiliate, you are passing around a link, I am sure you are not doing that because you deeply cared about them.

• @machine123 said:

dahartigan said: I don't see what being an affiliate or having a hard on for them has to do with it?

It has everything to do with it, you are trying to blame their incompetence on the customer expecting too much on a bloody first install. They don't provide IPMI or any way to to define partitions for your server, they have set a 0 gb swap partition on my server, I didn't want it like that, 100pln to change it. It is also very obvious why you would be taking their side and making it look like my fault, because you are an affiliate, you are passing around a link, I am sure you are not doing that because you deeply cared about them.

All I am saying is that I have experienced the same things you have (raid and swap partition) and these are both things that can be done by yourself. If you don't know how, Google it.

I have an aff code because every customer gets one. I have a boner for them because I got 2 of their servers when they were 75% off. I probably wouldn't pay full price for them.

You think they suck, myself and others think they are great. Opinions are like arse holes, we all have them and other's can stink to us.

Have a lovely day!

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

look at our servers in Frankfurt https://gthost.com/frankfurt-dedicated-servers/ started from $59/mo.
    (E3-12365Lv3, 32GB, 1TB HDD, IPMI, 200M Unmetered)

you can check ping and trace: https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

• If you want a "managed server" be prepared to pay for it. $30 is incredibly cheap, I wouldn't even lift a finger for anything less than $50 per half-hour.

machine123 said: trying to blame their incompetence on the customer expecting too much on a bloody first install. They don't provide IPMI or any way to to define partitions for your server

There are other ways to partition your server, I'm sure they offer some kind of rescue mode which you can use to partition and install anything you want. I've done Debian on LVM on RAID1 on LUKS (full-disk encryption) myself so many times I can do it in my sleep.

• @vmp32k said:
    If you want a "managed server" be prepared to pay for it. $30 is incredibly cheap, I wouldn't even lift a finger for anything less than $50 per half-hour.

machine123 said: trying to blame their incompetence on the customer expecting too much on a bloody first install. They don't provide IPMI or any way to to define partitions for your server

There are other ways to partition your server, I'm sure they offer some kind of rescue mode which you can use to partition and install anything you want. I've done Debian on LVM on RAID1 on LUKS (full-disk encryption) myself so many times I can do it in my sleep.

Just because I expected an accessible installer in their control panel must mean I need a fully managed server? Is that your logic? If that's the case why provide the option to even have raid 1 or OS selection? Just give users access to rescue directly, which they don't. I can also do a lot of things in my sleep mate and my hourly rate is much higher then yours. Don't be so judgemental so quickly.

• Thread cleaned, stop with the insults.

Thanked by 1machine123
  • hostwebishostwebis Member, Host Rep

If you consider 53€ cheap then you should take a look at this offer https://www.hostwebis.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=25&carttpl=servereastboxes
    If not please tell me where you can find it cheaper.
    Thank you.