Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable UK VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable UK VPS

Looking for an affordable UK VPS

Requirements:
OpenVZ server running CentOS 6
512mb of ram
1GBps
option of additional IP
1TB of data.
IPV4/ IPV6 (optional)
Good uptime

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Check out or latest promotion on facebook and twitter to get 25% recurring on our DeepNet Solutions plans!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I would go with @AnthonySmith.

• RamiRami Member
    edited March 2018

@Jack said:
    I wouldn’t recommend OpenVZ, what are the reasons you want OpenVZ?

Maybe because it's cheaper ;)

+1 for @AnthonySmith excellent service, you can also check @CloudxtnyHost but TUN/TAP cost £15.00GBP

Edit:I totally forgot to mention that @AlexanderM have a great service as well, you may want to give them a look

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

@Jack said:
    I wouldn’t recommend OpenVZ, what are the reasons you want OpenVZ?

lol, u wat m8?

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I am however out of stock

• @Jack said:
    You can offer KVM for about the same price really & without the extra agro from an admin point of view of a single bad vm causing issues for the entire host.

You can, but with many companies it really depends on the scale. 1000 OpenVZ vps at X or 1000 KVM vps at about the same price is gonna differ.

I'm forever on the KVM bandwagon tho

Jack said: You can offer KVM for about the same price really & without the extra agro from an admin point of view of a single bad vm causing issues for the entire host.

You know that I know that that sentence is at least 50% bullshit, please stop making yourself look silly, looking at your KVM vs VZ past offers your KVM is 250 - 300% more expensive.

mmmhmm.

• vmhaus.com best and cheap

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

For low price you can use OpenVZ but not recommended because of most of time you won't use 4GB RAM and on console it will show "Running out of memory" ;)

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

attempted competition attack #2 failed.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • I am still looking for a good service, something within the range of $1.5 - $2 per month, don't need that resources on the vps

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Are you trying to say that all these great providers and offers in this thread don’t satisfy you ?

• @Clouvider said:
    Are you trying to say that all these great providers and offers in this thread don’t satisfy you ?

The offers are interesting but I am looking for a small vps at a minimum price. Most providers here don't do small vps.

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hi @oh_goody,

we offer the following in London:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Duesseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), London (UK), Los Angeles (USA)

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/2.06 USD excl. VAT)

[ Further Information ] [ Order now
    ]

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

Thanked by 2geBus Falzo
  • OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

KVM UK VPS are available if interested

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@oh_goody said:

@Clouvider said:

The offers are interesting but I am looking for a small vps at a minimum price. Most providers here don't do small vps.

The problem is that even if the hardware and connectivity are cheap, IPv4 addresses are getting more and more expensive. Depending on the scale, $1.5/month could be the price of one IPv4 address alone.

That's why most providers don't do such cheap products.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @Jack said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Jack said: You can offer KVM for about the same price really & without the extra agro from an admin point of view of a single bad vm causing issues for the entire host.

You know that I know that that sentence is at least 50% bullshit, please stop making yourself look silly, looking at your KVM vs VZ past offers your KVM is 250 - 300% more expensive.

That’s because we were offering different types of storage with our KVM and OpenVZ plans.

2GB KVM vs 3GB OpenVZ for the same price.

Makes a change from you DDoS competitors ;-)

asterisk14 said: Makes a change from you DDoS competitors ;-)

Sorry what?

• @FHR said:

@oh_goody said:

@Clouvider said:

The problem is that even if the hardware and connectivity are cheap, IPv4 addresses are getting more and more expensive. Depending on the scale, $1.5/month could be the price of one IPv4 address alone.

That's why most providers don't do such cheap products.

Thanks for replying, I understand that providers are looking out for whats best for both parties (providers and clients) but at least I should be able to find a 256 or 512 vps for $2

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

only if you pre-pay. No one wants to risk a £25 chargeback fee over what will become <$1 after fees and currency conversion.

• @Clouvider said:
    only if you pre-pay. No one wants to risk a £25 chargeback fee over what will become <$1 after fees and currency conversion.

I would appreciate if you could explain this better.

• Did you look at @VMHaus and see if their hourly plans are OK for you to test out? It has already been suggested above and they are in @Clouvider's (excellent) network.

Thanked by 1vmhaus

oh_goody said: I would appreciate if you could explain this better.

$2 = about $1.50 after fee's after minimal licensing costs, hardware costs, IP's etc i.e. all the costs we have as hosts to provide you the service and not including wages (believe it or not we eat too) its probably about $0.50 we are taking for your $2.00 payment.

Why not just pay upfront for 3 months at least, it obviously is not a none profit thing you are doing, you will just need to charge a more reasonable rate yourself in order to afford your own costs.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Rami
  • @nullnothere said:
    Did you look at @VMHaus and see if their hourly plans are OK for you to test out? It has already been suggested above and they are in @Clouvider's (excellent) network.

Bought a monthly subscription with VMHAUS, testing it now

• LeeLee Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Sorry what?

LET never forgets :)

• I'm also looking for something like this, I just need bbc/iplayer support does Inception support this? (FUSE would also be a bonus but not a big deal)

@Lee said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Sorry what?

I did apparently, I did not realise he was talking to jack.

@spycrab101 said:
    I'm also looking for something like this, I just need bbc/iplayer support does Inception support this? (FUSE would also be a bonus but not a big deal)

Yes should work fine, I will refund in the first 14 days if not.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Lee said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Sorry what?

I did apparently, I did not realise he was talking to jack.

@spycrab101 said:
    I'm also looking for something like this, I just need bbc/iplayer support does Inception support this? (FUSE would also be a bonus but not a big deal)

Yes should work fine, I will refund in the first 14 days if not.

Are you still out of stock for your UK-SSD-KVM-512 ?

• EHRAEHRA Member

@UltraVPS said:
    Hi @oh_goody,

we offer the following in London:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Duesseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), London (UK), Los Angeles (USA)

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/2.06 USD excl. VAT)

[ Further Information ] [ Order now
    ]

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

Go with ultravps.eu

They provide good service and meet your requirements charging a great price.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS