Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about DNSONLY & cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about DNSONLY & cPanel

emghemgh Member

If I were to setup two dns clusters with cPanel DNSONLY, in the setup they will ask me to input the nameservers that should be used and binded. Should I input both on both clusters as was done in the dnsonly tutorial that was published on LEB or should I put the ns1 on the dns1 and ns2 on the dns2?

Also, about resolvers, where people often put in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as in Google or is this something I should host myself? How?

Thanks for any help given below! Also, no worries, I’m not going to offering services, no need to worry about that. This is for friends and such.

Comments

• imokimok Member

I believe you are talking about a DNS cluster with two servers.

If you are talking about Server configuration > Basic WebHost Manager® Setup > Nameservers, you should put the nameservers the accounts are going to use (ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com...)

If you are talking about what you should use in /etc/resolv.conf, you can write:

nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 8.8.4.4

• lazytlazyt Member

More like he's asking how to set up the DNSonly cPanel system. So he can have his own DNS servers.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • First decide if the second DNS server will be read write or read only.