Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Track website changes in logged in area?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Track website changes in logged in area?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited March 2018 in General

So I take it there are a lot of online tools out there that can notify you if a website changes but none seems to be able to check URLs where you need to log in to see the actual site. For explanation: I wanna monitor when the courses of my University are available for signup as it is first come first serve. However the courses will appear throughout the day and in an area where you would have to be logged in in order to access which is why external trackers cant access it. I dont wanna hammer F5 either. Any ideas?

Comments

• depend on auth mechanism, if only use basic auth. you can use curl combined with cron.

• @kassle said:
    depend on auth mechanism, if only use basic auth. you can use curl combined with cron.

Well auth would be just username and pw.
    Looking into visualping atm

• You can use php (curl) with cron

• @jetchirag said:
    You can use php (curl) with cron

How would I add the auth though?

• @Ympker said:

@jetchirag said:
    You can use php (curl) with cron

How would I add the auth though?

copy cookie from your browser to the code, and send it using curl.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Got everything setup with VisualPing now :) Checks every 30 seconds and pings me if an update occurs! Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanked by 2BlaZe jetchirag
  • imokimok Member

Ympker said: Got everything setup with VisualPing now

Great choice. I've been using the Chrome extension for a while and I've got a couple of servers monitoring stock :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @imok said:

Ympker said: Got everything setup with VisualPing now

Great choice. I've been using the Chrome extension for a while and I've got a couple of servers monitoring stock :D

It works like a charm :) Used the browser solution this time as I needed it to check every Minute but the server solution does not appear to be bad either!

• imokimok Member

I mean, I was able to buy some servers because I was monitoring the provider's stock with VisualPing

Thanked by 1Ympker