Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overclocked CPU Core & 1 GB RAM for java application that runs Go/Weiqi/Baduk bot in gokgs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Overclocked CPU Core & 1 GB RAM for java application that runs Go/Weiqi/Baduk bot in gokgs

stefemanstefeman Member
edited March 2018 in Requests

This legacy application which I modified a little, is coded to use 1 Core and max 1024 MB RAM. for now I cant change this fact. I could buy https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/game/171mc4.xml for 5 GHz overclock, but it feels kind of waste if im going to use only 1 core and 1 GB of RAM.

Which is why I'm asking, is there anyone with this machine that would wish to sell me 2048 MB VPS and allows 1 CPU core to be maxed out almost 24/7 (It loads to 100% for 5-30 seconds and pauses for another 5-30 seconds during game, and idles the rest of the time while its on the lobby untill someone challenges it). And No, this is not unfair advantage as this is a training program and its clearly visible that its a robot and its not obviously allowed to go ranked.

@MikeA ? :c

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

@stefeman said:

If it'll work on OpenVZ without causing big load spikes just grab one of the OVZ plans and tell me so I can move it to a system that has the least load. Some of mine sit under 10-20% constantly. They are 4GHz cores though (i7-6700K)

• @MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

If it'll work on OpenVZ without causing big load spikes just grab one of the OVZ plans and tell me so I can move it to a system that has the least load. Some of mine sit under 10-20% constantly. They are 4GHz cores though (i7-6700K)

It probly sits idle much more than its on game, and even in games it idles on opponent turns. I assumed worst case scenario on above. In any case, I'll give it a go with your 12€/m plan. Don't move me from the 4.4 GHz machine yet untill it causes problems if possible.

Thanks for the fast response man.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:
    Don't move me from the 4.4 GHz machine yet untill it causes problems if possible.

Eh, if you're on a 4.4GHz one it's just boost (4790K), and most of those are older and have higher load than the newer i7-6700K's.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2018

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:
    Don't move me from the 4.4 GHz machine yet untill it causes problems if possible.

Eh, if you're on a 4.4GHz one it's just boost (4790K), and most of those are older and have higher load than the newer i7-6700K's.

Ohh, in that case I might benefit more from newer processor with better single core performance. In that case, move me xD Just bought btw.

• If GO game loads a processor that much... what could GO game do to a human player? Should I be afraid?