Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid Hostodo at all costs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid Hostodo at all costs

Hey all

I recently purchased a service from Hostodo and I have had nothing but issues.

First, when I purchased the server, it seems I received one on an oversold box as it claimed there was no space when the system showed there was.

After making a ticket (within 48 hours of ordering) they moved nodes however I asked for a refund that was never acknowledged.

On February the 25th I requested cancellation of the server at the end of the billing period. And received the confirmation email.

But a few days ago I got an email from PayPal saying they had charged me the automatic amount for the service. I immediately made a ticket and that was nearly 24 hours ago. The service has since been cancelled but I have received no refund. I will be escalating to a PayPal dispute if I get no refund within 24 hours.

First ticket: https://media.ssamjh.nz/2018-03-11_22-17-33.png

Follow up ticket: https://media.ssamjh.nz/2018-03-11_22-18-27.png

Poll not found

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ssamjh said: But a few days ago I got an email from PayPal saying they had charged me the automatic amount for the service.

You should have canceled your PayPal subscription beforehand.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
      edited March 2018

You need to cancel your PayPal subscription through PayPal, it sounds like it's set up as an automatic payment (which is typical for most hosts btw)

I just signed up for Hostodo myself and have found it to be pretty decent. There was a hiccup with the cloud resource pool where I wasn't able to create a VM but after a ticket it was resolved.

Sounds like he offered you to move to another node to resolve your issue.

As for escalating to PayPal, I know it's tempting, but it will just delay things even more. Give him a chance to respond first. If you open a dispute in PayPal, WHMCS will cancel your service automatically as it technically takes the money back from the host while its in dispute.

Let us know how it goes if you hear back.

EDIT: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist

That will take you to the section where your automatic payments are. Just cancel them in there.

• I know about the PayPal subscription. I normally just leave it and cancel it afterwards, I was never sure if the seller could see me canceling it.

• ssamjh said: After making a ticket (within 48 hours of ordering) they moved nodes however I asked for a refund

You sure don't give someone much of a chance, do you? :)

• @ssamjh said:
      I know about the PayPal subscription. I normally just leave it and cancel it afterwards, I was never sure if the seller could see me canceling it.

It doesn't matter if they see it or not. I routinely cancel mine and then pay manually when the bills fall due if I decide to continue. Depending on the host, some require you to cancel through their system, others are happy for you to not pay and they will cancel automatically.

• @Ole_Juul said:

ssamjh said: After making a ticket (within 48 hours of ordering) they moved nodes however I asked for a refund

You sure don't give someone much of a chance, do you? :)

Since their service did not work to begin with, so I found an alternative.

I never used the service except when I tried to update the software and the disk issue stopped me.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ssamjh said: I know about the PayPal subscription. I normally just leave it and cancel it afterwards,

Clearly, you didn't cancel it soon enough.

• Thank you for sharing experience

• WHTWHT Member

So we should not use hostodo because you dident canceled the subscription that you setup? Change title.

Thanked by 1ucxo
    • You should cancel your Paypal subscription when you decided not to use their service anymore.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

More of this sort of fucking nonsense.

• @Nekki said:

Yeape and likely to be a lot more since we can not converse freely here.

Btw your fault cancel your own subs. In fact better yet don't make anymore since you don't know how they work.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AuroraZ said:

@Nekki said:

Yeape and likely to be a lot more since we can not converse freely here.

What the fuck are you going on about.