Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shockbyte | Unmetered SSD VPS | DDoS Protected | Starting from $3/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shockbyte | Unmetered SSD VPS | DDoS Protected | Starting from $3/Month

(Our domain name is currently privately registered, so we have provided proof of our business registration here.)

Shockbyte was established in March 2013 as a hosting provider for game servers. We quickly grew, and have subsequently expanded into webhosting, VPS and dedicated servers. We are committed to providing the highest quality service as possible, from our hardware, to our support team.

Reviews from our game hosting services: http://bit.ly/1afcGYh

Our nodes run on enterprise-grade hardware, with Intel Xeon multicore processors and Samsung SSD drives. Our VPS nodes are located in the state-of-the-art VegasNAP datacenter in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Test IP: 199.241.138.211

Download files: 10 MB Test and 100 MB Test

All of our VPS plans include:

• 5 Day Money Back Guarantee - No questions asked

• Hardware RAID1

• OpenVZ Virtualisation

• Full root access via ssh

• Free & Instant Setup

• TUN/TAP/PPP enabled

• FREE DDoS protection

Basic Plan: $3/Month

-128 MB RAM/256 MB Burst -1 GB SSD -1 IPv4 Address -Unlimited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

Personal Plan: $5/Month

-256 MB RAM/256 MB Burst -2 GB SSD -1 IPv4 Address -Unlmited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

Professional Plan (Best Value!): $6/Month with promotional code 'lowendtalk2013'

-512 MB Ram/512 MB Burst -4 GB SSD -1 IPv4 Address -Unlmited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

From our previous thread:

@typh0n said:
Bought my VPS today and I must say that it is great! The support was very helpful and very polite. They gave me some days for free because my VPS wasn't set up immediately and because I've reported an error. Network speed is also quite good.

Order here.

We also offer custom plans. Contact us for more information.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Can you tell me more about the DDoS protection? :)

• -Unlimited Bandwidth

Nope. Please state your hard limit/fair use policy/whatever

• Our VPS nodes are located in the state-of-the-art VegasNAP datacenter...

Yet no IPv6. :-)

• solusVM?

• Shockbyte_JShockbyte_J Member
    edited September 2013

@Alex_LiquidHost said:
    Can you tell me more about the DDoS protection? :)

We employ DDoS protection in two stages. First, all traffic into our servers passes through a Cisco® Guard XT 5650 DDos Mitigation appliance (Level 1 Protection). As well, on our individual servers, we have configured extensive firewall rules to filter out higher-level attacks, such as http, syn, and icmp floods. Services may be null-routed if it is flooded with over 10gbps for a sustained amount of time (3 hours).

@klanggen said:
    solusVM?

Yes, we utilise solusvm as a control panel. Customers have the ability to re-image, enable/disable ppp, and tun/tap ect.

• Question, how do you plan on routing 10g/s worth of traffic through a DDOS mitigation appliance that can only filter 1g/s? (In reference to the Cisco® Guard XT 5650 ).

• The countermeasures I mentioned are those deployed by us. Our datacenter also utilities hardware-based mitigation solutions.

• iSkyiSky Member
    edited September 2013

it was not instant deploy by the way.
    order and paid it but still got pending status for the vps

• irmirm Member
    edited September 2013

Why's the rDNS on the test IP go to hwcsn.net? Is that another company of yours?

• it was not deployed instantly. I order, make the payment but got my service pending. how can it be ?

• @iSky said:
    it was not deployed instantly. I order, make the payment but got my service pending. how can it be ?

Your service did not setup instantly due to an invalid hostname. You have been credited 2 free days because the setup was not instant. Your service is up and running now.

(In the future, you can get a faster response by submitting a support ticket)

• @Shockbyte_J said:
    (In the future, you can get a faster response by submitting a support ticket)

i see, so thats why it was pending ? yeah thank you for that explanation. i was in rush yesterday so just try to chat via online but got no response. thank you for the explanation again. but how can i didn't get any email about my vps detail ? usually when i order, i got the detail about my vps from the provider.

• We have resent your product welcome email, which includes vps and control panel details.