Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easily Sync SSH keys for multiple users/groups to your hundreds of LEBs!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Easily Sync SSH keys for multiple users/groups to your hundreds of LEBs!

JonchunJonchun Member
edited March 2018 in General

Just pushed this to GitHub, so thought I'd share:

https://github.com/Jonchun/pubkeysync

I'm sure it can be handy for a lot of you :)

Thanked by 2Voss doghouch

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for posting this - always enjoy seeing people’s code.

For me, if I’ going to install python, writes rules in YAML, etc, why not just use Ansible? It’s the same thing except it can do more. Ansible can run as any user and works over ssh.

Party on...

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • @raindog308 said:

For me, if I’ going to install python, writes rules in YAML, etc, why not just use Ansible? It’s the same thing except it can do more. Ansible can run as any user and works over ssh.

Party on...

Thumbs up for raindog's encouragement -- we need more folks coding and sharing! Good work, @Jonchun, I think there still is a niche for your project, for those comfortable using pip. Ansible can be a bit daunting to get started in. The ansible module to use is authorized_key, then you use the inventory and group system to assign keys.

• @raindog308 said:

Party on...

Just finished this up, but the answer to this would be... I just don't have binaries yet. :D If I were to PyInstaller this and make it easier to install, it could be useful for people like me looking for one particular feature.

Thanks for the input :)