Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Best deal you have ever gotten
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Best deal you have ever gotten

machine123machine123 Member
edited March 7 in General

I was hoping to gauge what deals folks have secured in the past that they'd never let go. For me, its the server below:

Xeon E3 1270V2
32GB RAM
240GB SSD
20TB BW @ 1Gbps
Philadelphia, US
Databasebydesignllc.com

$19/month (BI annual payment)

Using it as a plex server.

An idling dedi, is a good dedi

«1

Comments

  • MasonRMasonR Moderator
    edited March 7

    All my dedis have been superb deals.

    Have three boxes with DbD (Philadelpha, PA, USA)--

    E3-1270v2 / 16GB / 500 GB HDD / [email protected] -- $17/mo (paid annually)
    E3-1230v2 / 32GB / 240GB SSD / [email protected] -- $17.76/mo (paid annually)
    2xE5450 / 32GB / 2x74GB SAS HDD / [email protected] -- $9.69/mo (paid biannually)

    One with Heymman Servers (Chicago, IL, USA)--

    E3-1240v3 / 16GB / 4x250GB HDD / [email protected] + /29 IPv4 -- $26/mo

    And a sizzling deal from SerweryDedykowane.pl (Poland)--

    i7-4790k / 16GB / 2x120GB SSD / 250Mbps -- ~$15/mo

    Could I live without some of them... probably. Will I let them expire... never!

    Thanked by 1machine123
  • MasonR said: And a sizzling deal from SerweryDedykowane.pl (Poland)--

    i7-4790k / 16GB / 2x120GB SSD / 250Mbps -- ~$15/mo

    Jesus, 4790k for $15. Nothing can beat that

    An idling dedi, is a good dedi

    Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Moderator

    @machine123 said:

    MasonR said: And a sizzling deal from SerweryDedykowane.pl (Poland)--

    i7-4790k / 16GB / 2x120GB SSD / 250Mbps -- ~$15/mo

    Jesus, 4790k for $15. Nothing can beat that

    Yeah. Them Polacks lost their damn minds ;)

  • BlazingBlazing Member
    edited March 8

    There was this bar where they buy you a drink, then they buy you another drink, and then they buy you another drink, and then they take you in back, and then you get laid.
    I haven't been there but my sister has...

  • cpsdcpsd Member

    Last summer when I bought a couple VDS with nvme disk from Clouvider and they are working with zero problems.

    Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @cpsd said: Last summer when I bought a couple VDS with nvme disk from Clouvider and they are working with zero problems.

    Specs? Price?

    An idling dedi, is a good dedi

  • imokimok Member
    edited March 7

    @MasonR said: One with Heymman Servers (Chicago, IL, USA)--

    E3-1240v3 / 16GB / 4x250GB HDD / [email protected] + /29 IPv4 -- $26/mo

    Same here, I want to let it go but I just can't!

    Janitor @ Netflix

    Thanked by 1MasonR
  • quickquick Member

    I know @wss best deal he has ever gotten. He not gay but 20$ is 20$

  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

    Online.net, XC DEALS 1701.2 [email protected] 8GB RAM 120 SSD -- €6.99/mo

    Leaseweb Singapore, Express S 1 core 1GB RAM 40 GB SAN 4 TB Premium traffic -- $2.76/mo

  • EHRAEHRA Member

    oneprovider.com - Core i3-530 (2.9 GHz 2 cores) - 4 GB DDR3 - 2×1 TB (HDD SATA) - 1 Gbps Unmetered (Fair Usage) ->$10,16/mo<-

  • 6ixth6ixth Member

    @imok said:

    @MasonR said: One with Heymman Servers (Chicago, IL, USA)--

    E3-1240v3 / 16GB / 4x250GB HDD / [email protected] + /29 IPv4 -- $26/mo

    Same here, I want to let it go but I just can't!

    I'm guessing they aren't doing this deal anymore :(

  • mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited March 7

    My SerweryDedykowane.pl boxes

    i7-4770/3770

    16GB/32GB

    2x1TB HDD

    500Mbit

    $14/mo each

  • warriorwarrior Member

    Online.net €2/m

    i dont get DbD cause their support is terrible.

  • deankdeank Member

    I thought I was getting the best deal when I married my wife.

    Now, I am not so sure anymore.

    A proud member of LET apocalypse cult.

    The customer is usually wrong.

  • jihchijihchi Member
    edited March 8

    Dedicated server from DbD (Philadelpha, PA, USA):

    E3-1270 /16 GB RAM / 240 GB SSD / 1Gbps Port (20 TB) --- $114 /Semi-Annually ($19/Month)

    KVM VPS from CrownCloud @SpeedBus (Los Angeles, USA):

    4 CPU cores / 4 GB RAM / 50 GB SSD / 1Gbps Port (2 TB) --- $37 /Semi-Annually ($6.2/Month)

    Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • @mikewazar said: My SerweryDedykowane.pl boxes

    i7-4770/3770

    16GB/32GB

    2x1TB HDD

    500Mbit

    $14/mo each

    pretty good deal!

  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited March 8

    For dedicated the SerweryDedykowane.pl SSD i7-4770 32GB.

    VPS would be that crazy $2 annual Virmach windows vps in which i got a couple of.

    Storage would be $10 per month i5 4gb 2 tb Oneprovider dedi

    grape

  • williewillie Member, Moderator

    NanoG6 said:

    Online.net, XC DEALS 1701.2 [email protected] 8GB RAM 120 SSD -- €6.99/mo

    Lol I have one of those too. It's completely idle, I don't have even an aspirational use for it, but I can't bring myself to cancel it.

  • imokimok Member

    @6ixth said:

    @imok said:

    @MasonR said: One with Heymman Servers (Chicago, IL, USA)--

    E3-1240v3 / 16GB / 4x250GB HDD / [email protected] + /29 IPv4 -- $26/mo

    Same here, I want to let it go but I just can't!

    I'm guessing they aren't doing this deal anymore :(

    I think he doesn't do any new deals at all. I haven't seen stock for almost a year.

    Janitor @ Netflix

  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

    @willie said:

    NanoG6 said:

    Online.net, XC DEALS 1701.2 [email protected] 8GB RAM 120 SSD -- €6.99/mo

    Lol I have one of those too. It's completely idle, I don't have even an aspirational use for it, but I can't bring myself to cancel it.

    Yeah I almost let it go, for many times, but just can't

  • 6ixth6ixth Member

    @willie said:

    NanoG6 said:

    Online.net, XC DEALS 1701.2 [email protected] 8GB RAM 120 SSD -- €6.99/mo

    Lol I have one of those too. It's completely idle, I don't have even an aspirational use for it, but I can't bring myself to cancel it.

    When you wish to give it up, please PM a fellow poor man, god bless your soul.

  • vishvish Member

    @willie said:

    NanoG6 said:

    Online.net, XC DEALS 1701.2 [email protected] 8GB RAM 120 SSD -- €6.99/mo

    Lol I have one of those too. It's completely idle, I don't have even an aspirational use for it, but I can't bring myself to cancel it.

    Let me rent it from you for a month!

  • williewillie Member, Moderator

    They are not transferrable, sorry.

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • protonproton Member
    edited March 8

    My DbD server:

    Xeon E3 1270V2

    16GB RAM

    1TB HHD

    Unmetered Bandwidth BW @ 100Mbps

    Philadelphia, US

    Databasebydesignllc.com

    $9/month (paid annually)

  • lionlion Member

    KS-4C for 9€

  • angstromangstrom Member

    I must have missed all of those DbD deals ... :-(

    "[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

  • TomTom Member

    The OVH SP-64-D is a pretty sweet deal.

    I recommend Clouvider, Ramnode, HostUS

  • @Tom said: The OVH SP-64-D is a pretty sweet deal.

    And the 128GB variant they added is pretty sweet too!

    Thanked by 1Tom
  • ariq01ariq01 Member

    @lion said: KS-4C for 9€

    Mine KS-4C : 12.99 (exc vat) :(

  • FAT32FAT32 Member

    Join LET for 0.00

    Thanked by 2Aidan Wolveix
  • @FAT32 said: Join LET for 0.00

    Sounds like you got ripped off.

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    i7 10k bench, 16gig, 120GB SSD for 15$ BEST

    But still, KS4C is STROOONG, 6k bench, 16gig, 2TB HDD for 15$

  • Shot2Shot2 Member

    Online.net, XC DEALS 1701.2 [email protected] 8GB RAM 160 SSD -- €4.99/mo.

    Not the smartest kid on the block but pretty snappy for serving static files (1Gbps unmetered), or compiling stuff in a breeze (8 cores)

    Plus it comes with functional IPv6 :P

    Happy customer of IonSwitch, Online.net, Porkbun… disgruntled with HostHatch, OVH, Namesilo...

    Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6".

  • WSSWSS Member

    Both the cute one, and her ugly sister.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • MasonRMasonR Moderator

    @WSS said: Both the cute one, and her ugly sister.

    Was a good thing you were too drunk to notice the ugly one was actually her brother. Didn't have the heart to tell ya. But you know... what happens in 'bama, stays in 'bama.

    Thanked by 2Aidan derpydm
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited March 8

    @MasonR said:

    @WSS said: Both the cute one, and her ugly sister.

    Was a good thing you were too drunk to notice the ugly one was actually her brother. Didn't have the heart to tell ya. But you know... what happens in 'bama, stays in 'bama.

    Did you just assume his gender!?!

    There's nothing wrong with a petite feminine penis.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    Thanked by 3Aidan MasonR derpydm
  • solairesolaire Member

    AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor, 6 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD and 1 TB harddrive.

    € 5 / month

  • hacktekhacktek Member

    @EHRA said: oneprovider.com - Core i3-530 (2.9 GHz 2 cores) - 4 GB DDR3 - 2×1 TB (HDD SATA) - 1 Gbps Unmetered (Fair Usage) ->$10,16/mo<-

    Holy hell that's pretty good. Is that monthly payment or annual?

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    deank said: I thought I was getting the best deal when I married my wife.

    Now, I am not so sure anymore.

    I inhaled a bunch of tea because of this comment. Thanks!

  • @hacktek said:

    @EHRA said: oneprovider.com - Core i3-530 (2.9 GHz 2 cores) - 4 GB DDR3 - 2×1 TB (HDD SATA) - 1 Gbps Unmetered (Fair Usage) ->$10,16/mo<-

    Holy hell that's pretty good. Is that monthly payment or annual?

    Monthly....

  • vishvish Member

    @hacktek said:

    @EHRA said: oneprovider.com - Core i3-530 (2.9 GHz 2 cores) - 4 GB DDR3 - 2×1 TB (HDD SATA) - 1 Gbps Unmetered (Fair Usage) ->$10,16/mo<-

    Holy hell that's pretty good. Is that monthly payment or annual?

    Those boxes were not worth the price dealing with the frustration of trying to make things work on them. I know I canceled mine pronto

    Thanked by 1Aidan
  • EHRAEHRA Member

    @vish said: Those boxes were not worth the price dealing with the frustration of trying to make things work on them. I know I canceled mine pronto

    They work very well for me.

  • jarlandjarland Provider

    @WSS said: Both the cute one, and her ugly sister.

    image

    Thanked by 1WSS
  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider
    edited March 10

    E3 1270, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1 Gbps Unlimited, 20 Gbps DDoS protection in Los Angeles with great connectivity to Asia.

    45$ /month. Able to use full port.

  • dahartigandahartigan Member without signature

    Hands down, the best deal ever was the serwerydedykowane.pl dedis. i7 4790 with 16GB RAM and 2x1TB HDD with unmetered 250mbit for $14/month and an i5 4460 with 8GB RAM and 2x1TB HDD with unmetered 100mbit for $10/month.

    Both servers are 100% rock solid, not a second of downtime or network loss.

    I will never let these go, ever. I have them running Plex and NextCloud and a web server, as well as both mining 24x7 and covers the costs. It's basically 2 free dedis.

    My only regret is not getting more of them lol

    Thanked by 1machine123
  • man I missed out on this deal, hope they run it again

    An idling dedi, is a good dedi

  • dahartigandahartigan Member without signature

    @machine123 said: man I missed out on this deal, hope they run it again

    Highly unlikely :( Best thing to hope for would be someone not wanting to renew and letting you take it over. If/when that day comes for me I'll open a thread on here but that's not on the horizon yet. They're probably going to deadpool before people give it up lol

  • emgemg Member

    I still have my first two VPSs, which I got many years ago. In fact, they are my only VPSs at the moment:

    • KVM with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, $3/month
    • OpenVZ with two IPv4 addresses, $3.75/month

    They are low RAM and low disk, but they do what I need when I need them, and they are in good locations. I don't use much bandwidth, and I don't use them to host websites.

    Thanked by 1levnode
  • levnodelevnode Member

    @emg said: I still have my first two VPSs, which I got many years ago. In fact, they are my only VPSs at the moment:

    • KVM with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, $3/month
    • OpenVZ with two IPv4 addresses, $3.75/month

    They are low RAM and low disk, but they do what I need when I need them, and they are in good locations. I don't use much bandwidth, and I don't use them to host websites.

    Hey, long time no see!

    [https://billing.virmach.com/aff.php?aff=2040&pid=127](Virmach affiliate link. E3-1270/32G RAM/ 13IPs /2T for $49 - COUPON SAVE20 for 20% discount).

  • omelasomelas Member
    edited March 11

    @emg said: I still have my first two VPSs, which I got many years ago. In fact, they are my only VPSs at the moment:

    • KVM with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, $3/month
    • OpenVZ with two IPv4 addresses, $3.75/month

    They are low RAM and low disk, but they do what I need when I need them, and they are in good locations. I don't use much bandwidth, and I don't use them to host websites.

    unless you need really weird location and/or it's near you city, maybe you find a better deal if you look up again?

Sign In or Register to comment.