Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have experience with these guys?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have experience with these guys?

http://www.rebelhosting.net

Not much info anywhere, got a decent offer by PM but it might be too good to be true?

Comments

• AidanAidan Member

They've been around for quite a while, last I heard was that they're decent.

As far as I know they colo with EGIhosting.

• sinsin Member

Haven't heard of them but they should fix the typo "Xen Virual Server"

• Yeah I think they've been around at least 10 years it seems but little to no activity online and barely any reviews. They also do have a bunch of typos on the site, including in the AUP and TOS. Makes me a bit nervous to be honest.

• @hacktek said:
    Yeah I think they've been around at least 10 years it seems but little to no activity online and barely any reviews. They also do have a bunch of typos on the site, including in the AUP and TOS. Makes me a bit nervous to be honest.

That many reservations and you still have to ask?

My advice anything EIG is shit. Run don't look back buy from some one else.

• Figured they might be one of those "they're under the radar but they're good" kinda thing, what's wrong with asking?

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

I bought them a vps years ago, the boy does it well, it is logical that it is a small company.

but if you can see for something more reliable, go to the big companies.

or is there something different in this company?

• Ah that last one is one huge red flag...

• That's a free theme.

It's been around forever. They both just use it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If I wanted to spend $40-50/mo for a 4c/4g box, I'd probably do it at Digital Ocean or Vultr.

For those prices you can almost get ($60) 4c (at 3.5, not 2.2), 16GB RAM, 320GB SSD, and unmetered 1gbps at BuyVM.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

@raindog308 said:
    If I wanted to spend $40-50/mo for a 4c/4g box, I'd probably do it at Digital Ocean or Vultr.

For those prices you can almost get ($60) 4c (at 3.5, not 2.2), 16GB RAM, 320GB SSD, and unmetered 1gbps at BuyVM.

It's true, but sometimes a small company can also give you good prices or a friendlier support.

• Thanks guys, I've made my decision. Thread can be closed.

• Used rebelhosting from a promo in WHT, service is good, satisfied. But the network not as good as expected, it is understandable they're on low budget area.