Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu Desktop Software Center acting weird
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu Desktop Software Center acting weird

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited March 2018 in General

So I dont usually use linux desktop systems but for the old laptop of my gf I now have to set it up thus I setup an usb stick with Yumi multiboot and the respective .iso files of ubuntu/mint/elementaryos . Now aside from Mint both elementaryos and ubuntu have shown really nothing in their appstore/software center

Usually it would be looking like

So is it acting weird only because it has no permanent disk space and is running on RAM as LiveOS, or am I missing something? Even if LiveOS I have 16GB RAM and it uses like 800mb so it has plenty of room. And yes, I know elementaryos has their own appstore but it only showed 4 apps which is weird, too.

Like it showed

But when I clicked on the categories they would contain no apps, although normally it should have plenty as you can see below

I ran apt update/upgrade, too but that didnt help either. I just cant see why just because it is a liveos it would show a restricted, almost empty, software center. Thus I must have done something wrong?! Any ideas?