Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For DDoS Protected VMs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For DDoS Protected VMs

I am looking for a DDoS protected VM that is based in the Los Angeles or San Francisco area. I don't want back hauls as I want the protection to based there. Any one here have that kinda deal?

Mun

Comments

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Maybe you are interested to be hosted in Spain?

• irmirm Member
    edited September 2013

Found this offer posted on LEB not long ago (don't know anything about these guys but they seem to have offers in LEB range):
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13327/raptornode-openvz-los-angeles-vps-ddos-protected-high-bandwidth-from-7-m

Also, i've used the following guys in the past and the service was ok. It's your typical Awknet filtering, nothing special. It's not in LEB price range though (14.99/month).
    http://www.ddoshostingsolutions.com/

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

<--removed-->

• irmirm Member
    edited September 2013

He's looking for a host located in LA or SJ and you link your offers with your UK and France based servers...
    Have to wonder, does anyone really want to buy services from a host that can't even read?

EDIT: Just noticed the other dude up there linking his offer in Spain. Pretty damn sad when hosts are so desperate to link their offers that they completely ignore the location based request of the threadstarter just so others can see their links...

• @fcfc said:

Nah, he will tell you some thing like this

@WebProject said:
    I am not prepared to discuss the locations, as I am not pointing how to run your own > > business to you - meaning: mine your own business!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

@fcfc said:
    He's looking for a host located in LA or SJ and you link your offers with your UK and >France based servers... Have to wonder, does anyone really want to buy services from a > host that can't even read?

Sorry, I skipped the preferable location.

@alexvolk said:
    Nah, he will tell you some thing like this

Exactly as some one trying to convert the offer topic into discussion of OVH and some other pointless issues. I am not force you to buy the service, if you don't like the location of IP or server it's your choice.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

The "affordable" company that does mitigation in L.A is Awknet. Be sure to asses the suitability of their filtering before purchasing it has a few perks as BuyVM found out.

Good luck.

• What makes CN better?

• So finally I settled on http://www.staminus.net/ which has been pretty good, there are some blips, but it is rock solid. Note: I haven't been hit by a DDoS yet. So still waiting to see the performance after that.

Thanks for all the posts you guys, and you weren't ignored.

Mun

• How much Gbs Protection they provide?

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@Mun said:
    So finally I settled on http://www.staminus.net/ which has been pretty good, there are some blips, but it is rock solid. Note: I haven't been hit by a DDoS yet. So still waiting to see the performance after that.

Thanks for all the posts you guys, and you weren't ignored.

Mun

They are actually provide a good ddos protection. I, myself, already had one from them before and it's rock solid (including when I got hit by ddos) except during their network maintenance.

• @lankapartnerhost said:
    How much Gbs Protection they provide?

Depends on the plan. You can go to there website and talk with them via live chat, very nice people.

Mun