Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What file hosting services you are using?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What file hosting services you are using?

elliotcelliotc Member

I have unlimited google drive from my university and used few years. Always feel uneasy because I did not pay for it. Few days ago, I got 1TB storage VPS from HOSTENS for a perfect price. Ready to build a private storage and I try Nextcloud, owncloud and filerun. They are good, I am looking for better. Any suggustion? Thx your help.

Comments

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

Google drive

Mega

Ftp private storage

• kimidkimid Member
    edited March 2018

In fact I think it will be more reliable to put your data in Google Drive or OneDrive than to put them in own-build storage on VPS. If you want to be more private, just encrypt the data before uploading them.

Your VPS provider's datacenter may not be more reliable than google's or microsoft's datacenter, and also, your VPS provider can see your data.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

GSuite

• dropbox and google drive.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

Google Drive

1 Fichier

Dropbox

• It seems everyone is using google drive. Dropbox in Asia network not good enough so do not consider. May be I need a GSuite rather than edu version.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

iCloud. Store different.

Thanked by 1iburger
  • @Ympker said:
    Google Drive

1 Fichier

Dropbox

1fichier looks great(Cheap). Using to stroage some video resources. Annoying when downloading in bulk.

• alpha110alpha110 Member
    edited March 2018

I've beeing using Seafile on my server for years.. faster than nextcloud, deltasync, 2fa and they support client side encryption. Currently i am testing syncthing

• hubic (25 GB free, 100GB ca. 10$/year) for the relatively small amount of critical and/or important data. Being an ovh operation I trust that they really are redundant and well done.

• yandex (10 GB free, might be more now) for the occasional sharing of data, eg. images or videos.

• Tencent (50 TB free with some trick) if I ever felt the need for massive cloud storage (which I don't).

That said, I dislike them all because they are mainly targetted at android and windows users and you need to use some app.

• @elliotc said:

@Ympker said:
    Google Drive

1 Fichier

Dropbox

1fichier looks great(Cheap). Using to stroage some video resources. Annoying when downloading in bulk.

It's okay ;P I pay 10€/year and store 18TB atm

• isijosamuaisijosamua Member
    edited March 2018

Hetzner Storage

Dropbox

Google Drive

• @Ympker said:

@elliotc said:

@Ympker said:
    Google Drive

1 Fichier

Dropbox

Btc/reseller?

• TionTion Member

TransIP

• Gdrive and Private FTP Server

• @elliotc said:

@Ympker said:

@elliotc said:

@Ympker said:
    Google Drive

1 Fichier

Dropbox

Btc/reseller?

I think I paid with btc. Can't remember tbh

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@bsdguy said:

• yandex (10 GB free, might be more now) for the occasional sharing of data, eg. images or videos.

[...]

That said, I dislike them all because they are mainly targetted at android and windows users and you need to use some app.

But the nice thing about Yandex's storage is that you can access it with any webdav client -- you don't need a proprietary app/client for it.

• bapbap Member

Dropbox & Google Drive

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Google drive for important things.

Mega for less important things.

• sync.com

• WSSWSS Member

rsync.net

• @raindog308 said:
    iCloud. Store different.

I pay for extra iCloud space lol

• I was surprised, but Apple's icloud actually does not suck. If you have 2 Apple devices the desktop will sync tru icloud.

• I'm using Backblaze B2.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

iburger said: I was surprised, but Apple's icloud actually does not suck. If you have 2 Apple devices the desktop will sync tru icloud.

iCloud is fine.

iCloud Drive completely sucks because it doesn't offer selective sync.

Hence, if you have an iMac with lots of space and a smaller laptop, you're screwed.

• @elliotc said:
    Dropbox in Asia network not good enough so do not consider.

can you explain futher? and which country?

• I use mostly Dropbox, Google Drive and since a few weeks my own VPS with nextcloud.

• @WSS said:
    rsync.net

Love it, too, from a technical perspective. But there's a very ugly fat but: 40$/TB/m min.

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:

@WSS said:
    rsync.net

Love it, too, from a technical perspective. But there's a very ugly fat but: 40$/TB/m min.

Not if you use attic/borg, but, yeah, that's not the cheapest in the world, either.