Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March Madness - Lots of offers from lots of hosts! || GOOD DEALS INSIDE! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

March Madness - Lots of offers from lots of hosts! || GOOD DEALS INSIDE!

Comments

• 6ixth6ixth Member

@funkywizard said:

@6ixth said:

@Tom said:

@Trav said:
    I just grabbed an I/O Flood 18TB server, too good of a deal to pass up.

Same grabbed one yesterday - waiting for the deploy :-)

I'm kind of sad, I gradually get up to my max speed using their test file and then it just DROPS to 100-500 KB/s and I'm with BT in the UK.

Guess that sucks balls.

That's strange. It almost sounds like your ISP throttling you. That, or a quirk with TCP congestion algorithms. Haven't made any attempt to optimize the VM hosting the test file. It's not exactly a "best case scenario" test.

Either way, performance to Europe is limited by the large distance from here to there. There's probably some room for tweaks, but ultimately single-threaded downloads won't be totally amazing.

I kind of wish it could have been throttling but my ISP doesn't do that, worst it can be is congestion but I live in a small town that has fiber wide so it's not something I ever experience. I get 155ms solid latency to your test server so not sure indeed.

• funkywizardfunkywizard Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:

funkywizard said: That's strange. It almost sounds like your ISP throttling you. That, or a quirk with TCP congestion algorithms. Haven't made any attempt to optimize the VM hosting the test file. It's not exactly a "best case scenario" test.

Either way, performance to Europe is limited by the large distance from here to there. There's probably some room for tweaks, but ultimately single-threaded downloads won't be totally amazing.

Sky, UK - Although there is quite a lot of variance, sometimes dipping to 3-5, I'm able to hit my cap rather consistently. Again.

Nice : )

• funkywizard said: And finally -- what is nvidia thinking? That's crazy.

If you want to use an nvidia card in a DC, you're either shoemining or machine learning (transcoding is probably insignificant in proportion). If you're machine learning they figure you're at a big-money institution or company, so they want you to buy a P100 or whatever (not sure if the Titan V has that license but even that is $3000). If you're shoemining they know you're a cheap bastard and that you'll ignore the license anyway so they say go ahead and use the consumer card.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2018

teamacc said: DevCapsule

Tiny Core

1 CPU Core

512MB RAM

10GB SSD

500GB BW

AMS,LAX,MAN

£2.50/month | £0.003/hour

While I am one to appreciate a deal, how is this a deal?

• You must add 5 GBP (~$7 USD) to your account before you can order anything
    • This isn't a special offer, it is their standard prices listed on their site
    • It isn't clear to the customer before signing up that they must add 5 GBP before they can even start to use the service.

Additionally, we should really change the link to their webpage and not directly to their sign-up portal.

I was almost sold on testing this until I found I had to give them 2 months up front for a service I don't even know if I will like. A bit of a disingenuous approach I would say.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:

>

Could always ask @rmlhhd for some trial credit or something, not sure if they're running any promos right now.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

German VPS Power Edition:

• 4 Intel Xeon Core
    • 4GB RAM
    • 300GB HDD (SATA HW-Raid 10 at least 12 disks)
    • 10TB @ 1Gbps
    • 1 x IPv4
    • 1 x IPv6 (/64 on request without additional costs)
    • KVM with CPU passthrough

16,13€ / month with coupon-code NE7P-RSCN-QD3K-KXSE
    https://first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e1-light/

Discount applies to the entire service time, no price increase after one year or other fucking.

We still have our discounted KVM Basic light (starting at 2,26EUR / month or 24,41EUR / year)

All prices excluding VAT. Vat will be applied if you live inside of the european nation and can't provide a valid VATID.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @TheLinuxBug said:

teamacc said: DevCapsule

Check PM.

• The Letbox offer is almost irresistibly bad-ass, storage in the hundreds, RAM in the gigs, price per year $25-55..! Just moving away from them due to a Black Friday offer that is turning out not as good as these...

Thanked by 1letbox
  • rmlhhd said: Check PM.

Did you give him a special one-off deal for complaining? Why not give everyone the deal?

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

Our last offer sold out, we have a couple more servers at the same price.

E3-1240v3, 32GB DDR3, 1 x 240GB SSD - £42.50 ex VAT

Order Here

• TomTom Member

IOFlood server delivered, installing... ;-)

• @Tom said:

Waiting for benchmarks...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Zare said:

E3-1240v4, 32GB DDR3, 1 x 240GB SSD - £42.50 ex VAT

Order Here

V4 or V3? Your website says V3.

• TomTom Member

@graphic said:

@Tom said:

Of course.. let me know what ones you want ^^

• @Tom said:

@graphic said:

@Tom said:

Of course.. let me know what ones you want ^^

https://k4y5.github.io/ServerBench/

Thanks in advance.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • I love LET!

Thanked by 3graphic hostdare ariq01
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@Zare said:

E3-1240v4, 32GB DDR3, 1 x 240GB SSD - £42.50 ex VAT

Order Here

V4 or V3? Your website says V3.

Thanks for pointing that out! My mistake, was a v3 :)

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Our new EX61/EX61-NVMe servers are also now on sale: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex We now have so many EX servers on offer, we had to redesign the page! --Katie, Marketing

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Our new EX61/EX61-NVMe servers are also now on sale: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex We now have so many EX servers on offer, we had to redesign the page! --Katie, Marketing

No setup fee?

• @mtsbatalha said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

No setup fee?

Your welcome.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Amazing offers!

• lurchlurch Member
    edited March 2018

From BT FTTC

ioflood.com (199.231.84.66) 136.445 ms 136.343 ms 24124.icertified.net (184.164.138.170) 142.580 ms

On their test file I get around 50mbit

• @muffin said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

No setup fee?

Your welcome.

Lol, maybe setup fee free for LET users?

• lemonlemon Member

119€ setup fee is too much

Thanked by 2Zen cubedata
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@lemon said:

When you remove it, the monthly fee is too low.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Clouvider said:

@lemon said:

This. Certainly not profitable for them w/o the setup fee.

If your game is long-term, then the pricing is fantastic! Especially if you're keeping it for a year+.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Hetzner_OL
  • lemonlemon Member

@Clouvider said:

@lemon said:

sure, but 119€ is a bit deterrent, don't you think so too?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@lemon said:

@Clouvider said:

@lemon said:

sure, but 119€ is a bit deterrent, don't you think so too?

That’s the point mate, to keep out the total cheapskate scum.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2018

There are still some Haswell EX-line servers with no setup fees:

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-exh

I'd probably use the auction servers instead of the above though.

It's very interesting that the EX51-SSD-GPU is back in stock ("Only while stocks last") at the same price as before. My guess is a few units got cancelled and are on offer again. If you want one I'd grab it. Shoeminers have driven GPU prices to ridiculous levels and that might have stopped new deployment at Hetzner for now.

• TomTom Member

Okay, finally got the motherfucker installed. ServerBench coming right up...