Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Incero Experience - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Incero Experience

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Crandolph said: Why is it that your IP pricing is so much more expensive than alternative dedicated server providers?

Why do you have to pay an additional $18 for 5 total ips, whereas 5 usable ips is normally included for free (example Nocix).

Well, to be honest your comparing a very much none budget brand to an ultra budget brand, so your question is a bit silly, yes of course they have a significantly better network, more expensive and experienced staff and and higher end everything than nocix, that is public knowledge.

But does it deserve instant termination, no.

You should have just bought from nocix I guess.

Almost anyone's network is good while there are no issues, it is how well equipped they are to deal with issues when they occur and how likely they are to occur based on money spent on redundancy.

That is why they are much more expensive, but i guess that would have been the response to the ticket, would you have accepted that?

Thanked by 2Aidan vimalware
  • >

Almost anyone's network is good while there are no issues, it is how well equipped they are to deal with issues when they occur and how likely they are to occur based on money spent on redundancy.

Over the past few years I've seen more people complain about "downtime" at incero due to weird terminations than I have seen people complaining about even the most budget of hosts having some downtime.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AidanAidan Member

Alright just read this again...

Gordon needs some serious psychological help - having a customer haggle should not lead to a termination, no matter how you swing it.

A normal (whilst still dickish to conform to a particular individuals ego) reply would've been "Prices are non-negotiable" & that would've been the end of it.

Thanked by 2bcacb vimalware
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    It is pretty simple really. Incero takes the route of efficiency. If early on in the relationship (or before you sign up) they feel that the relationship won't work out they end it before it gets too far.

I think all businesses do this to a degree. But I've had clients who, at first, were difficult, yet in time have become loyal, multi-year customers. I just had to bite my tongue, stay patient, and be professional.

While perhaps sometimes it could use a lighter touch, i suspect this saves them a lot of trouble and allows them to better serve the customers they keep. Once you have a relationship with them they are quite willing to help or go out of their way for you.

But when does it become a "relationship"? How do I know when they are my buddy?

I don't rely on them nearly like you do, but they host a significant part of my company's backup infrastructure. After seeing so many threads like this, I am now genuinely nervous about the situation. What if I open a support ticket in the future, and they don't like the way I've asked a question? Will my services be removed without warning?

What if they suddenly increase a recurring price, and I ask for clarification or a multi-year discount? Does that mean I risk losing all services with them for my "impetuous" behavior?

Perhaps your situation is much more secure, but for anybody who doesn't do a lot of business with them, I think some fear is justified. I'm definitely reconsidering my business with them.

Thanked by 2hostdare Junkless
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Crandolph said:

You can leave the thread now Gordon. We all know its you.

LOL

Clearly in it for the long con - create an account, shitpost for over a year, and then when some random dude complains about Incero in 2018... pounce!

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • lazytlazyt Member

Seen longer preparations done over the decades.

• mkshmksh Member

@Harambe said:

@Crandolph said:

You can leave the thread now Gordon. We all know its you.

LOL

Clearly in it for the long con - create an account, shitpost for over a year, and then when some random dude complains about Incero in 2018... pounce!

You can't fool us Gordon. GTFO.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• lazytlazyt Member

The end already arrived had a shot of 151 rum and left the building.

• Wait, when/why did Incero add that to their TOS? They were on my list for my next colo expansion. I thought LET thought well of them, although I haven't been around lately.

edited March 2018

There was a long-ass thread about Incero banning LET users.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

@Silvenga said:
    Wait, when/why did Incero add that to their TOS? They were on my list for my next colo expansion. I thought LET thought well of them, although I haven't been around lately.

In simple terms: they got caught pulling this (example numbers)

Offer 30usd p/year VPS with this 30% recurring discount.

A little while before renewal, they jacked the prices up to like 100usd and told no one until they got their invoice, then said "hey the discount is the same just the price went up!

People were not pleased, they got caught out doing this then they banned LET members from ordering and Gordon rage quit.

Due to their general public treatment of customers and practices and literally shitting on the entire community I banned incero and incero brands (not sub brands that just hire servers from them), big argument, here we are.

about ... 3 - 4 weeks ago ish?

With that said, I don't really want a repeat situation, it was messy, everyone has moved on so i will set this to sink (leaving it in reviews) as nothing new is being added and the last 'event' got toxic.

Instead of "banned" title, you should have given the guy "icheat" title.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • AnthonySmith said: This is not efficient for business, this gives you a terrible reputation alienates huge customer bases, gives higher paying customers options for better service elsewhere.

Indeed I can confirm this from my own experience working with my paying consult clients who I do work for in evaluating, testing and recommending web servers/web hosts for. Whenever my clients bring up Incero, i ask them to do their own research first before I inject my opinions and almost always Incero and their customer service/feedback from likes of LET/WHT forums comes up and always puts off my clients and they decide to look elsewhere for web hosting solutions. Over the years I can tally up the amount of hosting $$$ Incero potentially lost to the mid 5 figure monthly sums just by how Incero handled their lower end clients.

Incero has alot of web hosts as clients so that's probably what they're targeting - higher revenues per front facing web clients who know 100% what they're doing with server configurations/management and don't need any hand holding. Those web hosts sing praises for Incero as no doubt Incero treats those larger clients differently then the lower end folks. But how you treat any client regardless, can affect your reputation as evidenced by my clients going elsewhere after their own research. These clients are in no way low end either with 4 to 5 figure $$$$$ monthly budgets and looking for long term relationships with their web hosts. Maybe that's why LET members are banned from Incero services now as there's a larger portion of negative/unwanted feedback on LET?

bsdguy said: So, let me ask the other way around: Why in hell should anyone get a dedi or a vps from incero?

Is there anything positive that sets them apart?

Incero has a very strong and solid performing network and their hardware/servers' performance to price ratios are up their with the best. If you check out their web site and network you can clearly see a good investment they've made. They also have some nice deals/discounts for web host providers that they have in the past publicly advertised. I am talking high end vps host node type configurations that would normally cost US$699+ per month going for US$199/month. I'd imagine the deals/discounts done privately for larger web hosting clients are even more enticing especially for bulk orders and long term commits. It's clearly why alot of web hosts use Incero as well. For me it's just the contents of their TOS and the risk of not knowing if at anytime servers/service could be terminated for any reason that prevents me using Incero. But this is all moot now that Incero has banned LET members from signing up.

aj_potc said: But when does it become a "relationship"? How do I know when they are my buddy?

I don't rely on them nearly like you do, but they host a significant part of my company's backup infrastructure. After seeing so many threads like this, I am now genuinely nervous about the situation. What if I open a support ticket in the future, and they don't like the way I've asked a question? Will my services be removed without warning?

What if they suddenly increase a recurring price, and I ask for clarification or a multi-year discount? Does that mean I risk losing all services with them for my "impetuous" behavior?

Perhaps your situation is much more secure, but for anybody who doesn't do a lot of business with them, I think some fear is justified. I'm definitely reconsidering my business with them.

Well there's many reasons to diversify your backup infrastructure that even don't revolve around the confidence in your ongoing relationship with Incero. I have several tiers of backups but main one is Amazon S3 - ~2.5TB backups at US$25/month with proper utilisation of S3 storage classes ^_^

Thanked by 2Aidan vimalware
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

Different provider have different prices. Not sure why you even try to compare prices when incero isn't a budget brand.

Crandolph said: Btw this is exactly what was sent before suspension:

#

Well, let me ask a question.

Why is it that your IP pricing is so much more expensive than alternative dedicated server providers?

Why do you have to pay an additional $18 for 5 total ips, whereas 5 usable ips is normally included for free (example Nocix).

I'm fine with paying an additional $18 if I know it benefits me somehow, i.e. a more secure local network.

Can you please explain this?

Thank you.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

I do not see any problem in asking questions except the problem with host to terminate the account with refund . What if customer had important data in there and mistakenly asked a question to them ?
    This seems set to sink

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

Incero provides quality services, just do not sign up without knowing how to sysadmin. You likely won't last long enough to upload anything important if you are submitting 4 tickets in 24 hours about not knowing how to setup your IP allocation on your unmanaged server.

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited March 2018

@lonea said:
    Different provider have different prices. Not sure why you even try to compare prices when incero isn't a budget brand.

Crandolph said: Btw this is exactly what was sent before suspension:

#

Well, let me ask a question.

Why is it that your IP pricing is so much more expensive than alternative dedicated server providers?

I'm fine with paying an additional $18 if I know it benefits me somehow, i.e. a more secure local network.

Can you please explain this?

Thank you.

@ryanarp said:
    Incero provides quality services, just do not sign up without knowing how to sysadmin. You likely won't last long enough to upload anything important if you are submitting 4 tickets in 24 hours about not knowing how to setup your IP allocation on your unmanaged server.

My tickets were the following:

1) Verification - from you

2) Question about null routes. Was answered within 15 minutes. Simple.

3) Question about upgrades, in which you informed me my server was "discounted" automatically and would double in pricing if I upgraded.

4) Question about IPs. Within 4 hours, you had closed my account.

Don't be dramatic to make yourself seem better. None of them required managed services, they were all simple questions about Incero policies, or Incero networking.

In fact, someone named Ryan presumably you since your name is Ryan and you seem to be reselling Incero, offered to fix the static ips and even afterwards it still didn't work? (without changing anything whatsoever that was done from Incero).

Who offers to fix something (without being asked), then it doesn't work, so you refund me?

Just stupid all around. Don't try to justify it.

Thanked by 1bcacb
  • I am in for the dreama

• when i want try incero service and saw this thread. if any alternative with similar price point?