Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I found most shitty traffic policy ever
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I think I found most shitty traffic policy ever

What is network capacity?

The amount of data that visitors are sent to visitors by connecting to your homepage. This happens when a visitor visits / downloads images / music / video files, etc.

If the amount of data transferred exceeds the capacity of the hosting network you are using, you have to pay the excess capacity separately.
Pay excess network fee

Network charges exceeding the default band of 10M can be paid by postpayment in the following month.
Network capacity measurement

Unlike web hosting traffic, network capacity is not counted cumulatively and is measured by the amount of simultaneous access.

For example, for an entry-level stand-alone web hosting service, 10,000 people (10 Mbps) will be connected when 20 people connect based on 500 Kb of image file.

At the moment when 20 people are connected, committed network 10Mbps occurs. If the 21st visitor tries to connect, additional traffic will be generated and a separate charge will be charged for the extra.
How to calculate excess network charges

Ⓐ Maximum value of 5-minute traffic measurement value during the period of use (billing period)

Ⓑ Triple the total average traffic for the period of use (billing period)

- Calculate the minimum traffic value of ⓐ and ⓑ.

- Excess amount = (Total usage traffic - Basic traffic) * 17,000 won (per 1Mbps) (VAT not included)

We does not limit the bandwidth because you have enough free bandwidth to keep your server stable.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

#GTFO

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I would understand a 95th percentile based billing which, even if not really suitable for webhosting, would make at least some sense.

But this is extremely unfair to the customer.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Unfair or not, those kids need to learn a lesson.

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AidanAidan Member

Oh hell no.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

deank said: K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid.

This policy looks more like Keep it Serious Stupid.

Actually, it's not THAT bad. Complex bandwidth arrangements are not that uncommon in Asia. Bandwidth is so damned expensive out here that the policies need to be quite different from what we normally see in the US in order to be competitive.

When whole sale bandwidth costs $0.20 /Mbit in the west, and $20+ /Mbit in most of Asia, that makes a huge difference. And yet, many hosts in Asia will offer quite a lot of bandwidth. Bandwidth prices are 100x greater, but transfer limits offered by hosts are typically still 1-3TB.

The policy described above is over complicated, but I see what they are trying to do.