Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you've learnt today?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What you've learnt today?

OneTwoOneTwo Member
edited February 2012 in General

...Related to vps servers.

I've learned there's not way to run the latest version of mysql inside a 48mb ram vps.

Comments

• Have you tried skipping inno-db ?

I have managed to run the whole kloxo package idling at about 30mb ram.

• @titanicsaled yes I did. in debian 5.0 it runs fine, but in 6.0 it's not possible. the newer versions of mysql require more memory to install and function properly.

• Today I learned that I'm unable to use WHMCS to upgrade Virtualizor packages, because it gives me this error:

Module Command Error
    Error Message Goes Here...

• @DamianIPXcore - Looks to me like they (Virtualizor) didn't release a complete WHMCS module. That's the default error message from the WHMCS devkit. If you know your way around php (and the module isn't encoded), you can poke around /path/to/whmcs/modules/servers/virtualizor(?)/virtualizor(?).php . (Haven't worked with them myself, don't know the exact folder/filename.)

• @Aldryic: I've looked at the module a few times, and it's atrociously bad. I don't claim to be a "good" PHP developer, but whoever wrote it must have never used PHP before, ever.

I started to fix a few things in the module, then decided it would just be better to start with a new, fresh panel, since Softaculous only seems to be interested in changing the user interface instead of fixing bugs. I'm not a fan of nulled software, but if we're not receiving bug fixes and support, then what are we paying for?

• Do they document their API? If so, I recommend writing your own, simple module to interface with the server. That'll also give some good practice and insight into how to simply replace Virtualizor with your own custom panel.

• Hey guys, please don't go offtopic here :(

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2012

@aldryic: Their "Features" page does indeed mention that there is an API (including "php serialize"....) but it's not documented. They give out bits of information on their forums, if you ask, AND if they bother to respond. Considering that the panel itself gives errors similiar to what I posted earlier, I'm not sure if I really want to even bother with attempting to interface with their API.

@OneTwo: Isn't the topic "What have you learnt today", related to VPS servers? This is what I learned today; Aldryic is giving his input. If you wanted input on mysql-on-a-48-mb-VPS, a better title would have been "How can I run mysql on a 48mb VPS?".

• @OneTwo No, I didn't want input on my problem. But I don't want input in this thread, just saying what you've learned today ;)

• Today I learned floppy kernel module no longer loaded by default on CentOS 6.

Not cool man.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited February 2012

Today I am learning about mysql ha stuff. Maybe I will post some questions here... someone has tried NDB? With OpenVZ boxes doesn't seems a viable way, or I don't understand enough yet (heartbeat).

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

Today I learned that I don't know anything about VPSs :P

• @Infinity said: Today I learned that I don't know anything about VPSs :P

Every time I think I know something about VPS' I find out I know absolutely nothing.

Thanked by 1Infinity