Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation on renting ip space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendation on renting ip space

Hi. I am currently building a proxy server and want to add more ip space. Anyone have any recommendations on to where I can find some? Monthly payments preferably and located within the United States. Thank you.

Comments

• Monthly payments so you can ruin the IPs, hand them back and demand a new allocation?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Annual commitment is required.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • mkshmksh Member

@EchoMind12 said:
    ... proxy server ... add more ip space ...

And why does your proxy needs this exactly?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

EchoMind12 said: Hi. I am currently building a proxy server and want to add more ip space. Anyone have any recommendations on to where I can find some? Monthly payments preferably and located within the United States. Thank you.

I don't know of many companies willing to rent out ARIN IPs. but at least there are a number of providers willing to lease out on a monthly basis.

To get around the whole risk of you abusing the crap out of their IPs, you can expect to be requested to put down a deposit, which is forfeit in the event the IPs are abused. The deposit would normally be at least 6 months worth of service (at least it is when we lease out a /24 or larger).

But assuming you return the IPs in squeeky clean condition, you get your deposit back in full (less any applicable transfer fees).

You may also be required to make payments (especially the deposit) by a non-chargebackable payment method like BTC or Bank Transfer. Again, this is to help mitigate the risk for the provider.

If you're willing to make such concessions, you may find someone willing to lease out IPs. Otherwise, it's just too much risk, and since you're on LET, probably for too little money.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

doghouch said: hand them back and demand a new allocation?

Happens all the time sadly. But it happens on single and small IP blocks too. Normally it's the client's own server getting compromised that result in the IP being blacklisted. Although it is there responsibility to secure their own servers, it's also understandable that they would want a replacement IP. How they approach the request / demand for a new IP makes all the difference in my book.