Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know of a KVM VPS provider near Montana USA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know of a KVM VPS provider near Montana USA?

Billings, MT or nearest. Looking for 2gb RAM, 2cpu, 1TB bandwidth, 40GB Storage, 1 static IP

Comments

• Why does this need to be in Montana? Additionally that's going to be difficult to find considering most hosts only operate out of major/large U.S. cities, and Montana doesn't have one.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You're in a touch geography...glorious geography but not exactly Silicon Valley.

Denver is probably closest at 550ish miles. I know SecureDragon is there and probably others.

I believe there's an Azure datacenter in western Iowa, but that's not going to be at prices you like.

I'd love to live in Billings.

• I know HTTP Zoom has a DC in Ogden, Utah. Denver might still be a better choice.

Plus, I just tried to load up HTTP Zoom's website, got redirected to www.cloudxtiny.co.uk. Not sure when that happened.

• Geographical distance and networking aren't the same thing. Look at India's infrastructure of 10-15 hops within the country

• CenturyLink has 10G links from Billings to both Denver and Seattle.

• Looks like Denver or Seattle are the only options so far. FYI: SecureDragon lists a presence in Denver so I sent them an email only to be told in writing that they offer KVM ONLY in Tampa.

• hzrhzr Member

Go with Denver, not Seattle.

• emgemg Veteran

@hzr said:
    Go with Denver, not Seattle.

May I ask why?