Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Mailserver (Provider must be reliable!) Looking for Yearly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Mailserver (Provider must be reliable!) Looking for Yearly

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited September 2013 in Requests

I'm looking for a VPS for a private mailserver (will be used for myself, but also for close friends and family members) with multiple domains

The provider needs to be reliable and have stable nodes, looking to pay yearly

I have a budget of around $35

Specifications i need:

RAM: 256MB or more

Disk: 15GB or more

Bandwidth: 50GB or more

Virtualization: Any

I will be making a list of providers who can offer me this (or better), and i will pick the most reliable provider within 6 days (when i get mah money :P)

Offers both in topic or PM are welcome

Comments

• I'm not a provider, but RamNode's 256MB SSD-cached KVM would be about $37/yr with the promo running on LEB, and you can get that in NL. Or you could get their 256mb OVZ plan for about $10 less.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2013
  • @Jack @INIZ I've added your offers to the list, thanks :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I will do this for $24 per year

• I read that with OVZ it should be easy to get access to your mails without your knowledge.Maybe you should use KVK, but I just read that all.

• @joodle said:
    RAM: 256MB or more

If you're gonna do spam-detection (e.g., spamassassin) and virus-detection (e.g., clamav) and webmail (e.g., roundcube) then you should go for the "more" :)

• 256b is plenty for that. I've got postfix, dovecot, spamassasin, nginx+php on a 128MB slice.

• Multiple personal domains. About 300 email a day incoming.

• You forgot virus-scanning :)

But sure it's possible. However a nice ram buffer is a Good Thing for a mailserver. Users do the damndest things, often innocently. Like mail bombing with a huge file attachment. Additional memory let's you cope with the unexpected -- most times.

As long as it's a personal mailserver then probably nothing unexpected will happen. But the game changes once you invite other people in, even beloved family members :)

And on Xen or KVM any free memory will be used for file caching and will improve performance (yes, OpenVZ supposedly does this now, assuming your unused memory is not already swapped out due to over-provisioning.)

• @Fliphost thanks! i have addded you to the list

• @joodle I have 3/4 VPSs with different providers. Iniz is the best one: great price, great support and awesome specs.

If this is a production dedicated mail server, don't run this in a low RAM enviroment or you will have problems with big attachments or mail bombing. And is ever good to get a good piece of RAM remaining if your firewall solution is based on iptables.

• I want to get rid of a OpenITC 256M KVM. Its 14.96£ / yr. Its pre-paid and expires on 1st. Januar 2014. If youd like to continue my plan shoot me PM.

• Send me an email and I can work out a deal for you at $10/year. :)

• @Jack said:
    onepound can you offer anything?

Looking at onepound's latest LEB

LEB-256-Yearly

2 CPU Cores

256MB RAM

512MB Swap

30GB Diskspace

200GB Bandwidth

100Mbps Port Speed

1 IPv4 Address

Xen PV/SolusVM

£24/Year ($37~)

https://www.onepoundwebhosting.co.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=63

Thanks @Jack,

@joodle is presently 2 yearly offers on LEB from me, a 128mb XEN for £12 and a 256mb XEN as Jack posted above.

• OOT :

My last experience with OpenITC was not good. I asked for a refund trough the email from the website and also PMing the owner here, not processed till today.