Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NAT KVM anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NAT KVM anyone?

RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
edited February 2018 in General

Hello,

Please disregard the fact that I do not have a Provider-tag, but still want to ask a question which would turn me into a provider. I have asked this earlier in Discord, but I feel like I might get a better view by posting it on the good ol' LET website.

I might have the opportunity to start a line of NAT KVM boxes.
I think it might be worth to launch the project when there's sufficient interest. My thinking price-wise: around €4/yr for a 128MB RAM, 3GB disk (type and exact size depending on the location), NAT IPv4, dedicated IPv6 (either native or tunneled; obviously the latter is not preferred). I have been thinking to do this "resource bundle"-like, so you can combine multiple packs of "resources" and deploy and destroy at any of location at any given time - as long as it's available. (Would be using Proxmox backend + custom frontend, as a cost-saving measure and a great way to provide you with proper routing rather than SolusVM's weird IPv6 routing)

For convenience, I created a poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/15149180

I would love to hear what you guys think about this.

Regards,
Rick

Comments

• There is certainly a demand for NAT KVM, that's for sure. Will be there enough demand for yours? That's the question you need to answer.

My guess is yes. Beware, though, as you will be attracting the bottom feeders and Paypal disputers.

• Don't do it. Not worth your time or money. Donate your money to a local school to help children get interested in technology instead.

• Also this isn't CrapNAT, please remove that tag.

• Do it if you think it is interesting. All my project is non profitable and give up easily but I enjoy it.

Thanked by 1jetchirag