Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I reverse proxy multiple domains using only 1 filtered IP from Blacklotus?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I reverse proxy multiple domains using only 1 filtered IP from Blacklotus?

Hey guys,

I don't know if the best way to do it is reverse proxy, please educate me if I'm wrong.

The thing is, I got a cloud instance with Blacklotus that is able to handle 10Gbps/6M PPS. I want to use this cloud instance to filter all the traffic before it goes to my other domains.

Since I have only one IP available, I don't think I can use GRE with multiple domains, can I?

What I want to do is kind of like this:

Let's suppose I have 3 domains:
domain1.com | IP 10.0.0.1
domain2.com | IP 10.0.0.2
domain3.com | IP 10.0.0.3

Each of those domains is hosted in a different server.

My Blacklotus VM is 10.0.0.4

When a user visits domain2.com, I want him/her to go to the Blacklotus VM (10.0.04), and then this VM will identify that the user is trying to access domain2.com and proxy him/her to 10.0.0.2, without the user even noticing.

If someone pings or traceroute domain2.com, they should die on 10.0.0.4.

Is it possible to do something like this with nginx?
Is this the best way of doing this?

I know I will still be kind of vulnerable because I won't be able to hide the mail server IP, etc, because I would need GRE to trully redirect all the traffic from one IP to another, but what can I do, additional IPs are expensive :(

I hope someone can understand what I'm trying to do and can help me.

Thanks

Comments

• Will the URLs change as the user browse through the websites or will they be static (like when you iframe a website) ?

• nginx should be able to do this, with the http traffic at least, mailserver should be simpler as you can have one common mailserver for all domains.