Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quality reseller wanted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quality reseller wanted

squibssquibs Member
edited February 2018 in Help

So the premium reseller package I picked up in the BF sales isn't working out. They have an IO limit which causes my backup plugins to fail and that's a dealbreaker. I'm looking for something with premium-ish specs and a budget price. Specifically:

• Established 5+ years
  • 99.9% uptime
  • European DC - FR, UK preferred
  • 100Gb min (SSD)
  • Free cPanel migration
  • Letsencrypt certs
  • Softaculous
  • PHP mail enabled
  • Cloudlinux
  • Not oversold
  • Decent performance, tuned for WP installs
  • Good support - I don't need it often, but if something goes wrong, I want a quick response
  • Private nameservers
  • $10-$20/mo

I don't care about getting billing software license and I don't need high bandwidth.

I'd like to go with Francisco, but I can't expect 99.9% uptime with his low prices. If he starts doing a higher tier for more money as has been requested here, I'll be first in the queue for that.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

squibs said: but I can't expect 99.9% uptime with his low prices.

Don't see why not?

We removed some abusive resellers last week which seemed to address the litespeed crash/reboot issue we had been complaining about.

I've shared my auditing script with a few providers already since they were in a similar price bracket to us.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited February 2018

@Francisco said:

squibs said: but I can't expect 99.9% uptime with his low prices.

Don't see why not?

We removed some abusive resellers last week which seemed to address the litespeed crash/reboot issue we had been complaining about.

I've shared my auditing script with a few providers already since they were in a similar price bracket to us.

Francisco

Fair enough. I'll bite and see how the 20G plan works out.

Edit: Dagnab it - out of stock?

• squibs said: They have an IO limit which causes my backup plugins to fail

Need more IO speed on all accounts or only on your main account?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@squibs said:
    I'm looking for something with premium-ish specs and a budget price.

AKA a recipe for disaster.

• @deank said:

@squibs said:
    I'm looking for something with premium-ish specs and a budget price.

AKA a recipe for disaster.

Not at all. I've been doing it for years with LET providers

• @MisterHost_NET said:

squibs said: They have an IO limit which causes my backup plugins to fail

Need more IO speed on all accounts or only on your main account?

I only need what I would call "reasonable" io speeds. The current hosting is timing out trying to extract a 200mb zip file. Not an operation I need to do often, but host needs to be able to do that maybe once or twice a month as I add a site.

edited February 2018

Perhaps your expectation is in check then.

High expectation white paying shit is how 90% of LET drama begins.

• @deank said:
    Perhaps your expectation is in check then.

High expectation white paying shit is how 90% of LET drama begins.

Hence my comment to Francisco about not being able to expect 99.9% uptime on a $24/yr reseller account...

edited February 2018

Uptime is fairly easier to achieve nowadays since cpu core count is up and SSD is available.

And even for a low-end host, uptime is kept in check since it's a must. It's not something you should ask to downgrade for a cheaper price tag.

• @deank said:
    Uptime is fairly easier to achieve nowadays that cpu core count is up and SSD is available.

And even for a low-end host, uptime is kept in check since it's a must. It's not something you should ask to downgrade for a cheaper price tag.

We're on the same page - I can't compromise on uptimes.