Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StackSocial today up to 40% OFF!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StackSocial today up to 40% OFF!

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited February 2018 in General

StackSocial has expanded the weekend deal to today.

Coupon Codes

Digital Finds: USA40 (40% off)

Gears & Gadget: USA20 (20% off).

Perhaps you will find something you need :P I got some "lifetime" vpn deals a while back from them and while they are not the best around they are okay for unblocking flix :P

If you are getting any of the VPN deals the top 3 I'd recommend (not because they are superb though) are:

PIA

Ivacy

VPNUnlimited

Don't grab R4AW VPN. Just don't. It's a HF VPN and full of...

Comments

• The item in your cart is excluded from coupons.

Cannot used for vpn

• @robohost said:
    The item in your cart is excluded from coupons.

Cannot used for vpn

Which one?

I really wish I didn't buy 2 year PIA now a few months back, could've got the 5 year with 40% off :(

• @6ixth said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Which one?

I really wish I didn't buy 2 year PIA now a few months back, could've got the 5 year with 40% off :(

Ivacy and pia

• Never used SpiderOak before. Are they good for file sharing/storage? Like google drive ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Umair said:

Never used SpiderOak before. Are they good for file sharing/storage? Like google drive ?

Quite good but a little more like backblaze in that their app is built with full computer backup in mind, but perfectly capable of handling a single folder sync or whatever you'd need. Has sync feature it just feels secondary.

What's cool is their claim of zero knowledge of your data because all uploaded data is encrypted. Very privacy focused. At least that's the claim, everything surely has flaws somewhere.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Just the first year for cheap then $129/yr renewal.. damn these long term sustainable offers.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited February 2018

Bought a deal around 90 a month ago without discount. Crap!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

I think Ivacy is the only Lifetime vpn excluded. Windscribe, vpn unlimited works.

• @Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

I think Ivacy is the only Lifetime vpn excluded. Windscribe, vpn unlimited works.

Tested just ivacy and pia excluded, any one use zoog or hide my ip?

• @Ympker, have you tried VPNUnlimited ?

• @robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

@ehab Yes I'm have Ivacy Lifetime, VPNUnlimited Lifetime and NordVPN Subscription.
    VPNUnlimited is ok. It just sucks that you can only have 5 devices and need to remove an old device when you want to use a new one but reached the limit. You can only remove 1 device per week.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • i have always looking at NordVPN, are they your best? in otherwords is this VPNUnlimited offer with -%40 worth testing network connectivity? not using it for real vpn every day, just for route testing?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Dunno about Zoog and HMI. Guess they are "OK". Why not get Goose VPN 5years deal 40$ and get the 40% off? Goose is fairly good.

• @ehab said:
    i have always looking at NordVPN, are they your best? in otherwords is this VPNUnlimited offer with -%40 worth testing network connectivity? not using it for real vpn every day, just for route testing?

I think for testing VPNUNLIMITED is okay. They may sometimes be using virtual locations though.

NordVPN is my favorite. Perfect Privacy, even though super expensive, couldn't convince me and Vypr couldn't either.

My favorite VPNs are:

NordVPN

AirVPN

Ivacy

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Vpn unlimited for 18$ with code VPNSD22

Better than the 40%

Thanked by 3ehab Ympker FredQc
  • @tr1cky, any tricks with NordVPN ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018

@ehab said:
    @tr1cky, any tricks with NordVPN ?

They usually have 2 year or 3 year deals. Currently 99$ for 3 years (equals ~ 33$/y)
    https://nordvpn.com/de/special/deal/

Check out their free trial 3 days first to see if it works for you:
    https://free.nordvpn.com

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Ympker, i know NordVPN are a company but i don't believe in long term >1 year anymore. You know what if no response from tr1cky, i might test drive 1 month. :D " with cleaver look" hahhaha.-

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2018

Lifetime

the duration of a thing's existence or usefulness

Wonder how long can these survive

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @FAT32 at first i thought you were a spammer. but then are you?

• @Ympker said:

@robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Dunno about Zoog and HMI. Guess they are "OK". Why not get Goose VPN 5years deal 40$ and get the 40% off? Goose is fairly good.

Just need it once a week to bypass blocking, i don't need high uptime so better to pay as low as i can pay

• @robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Just need it once a week to bypass blocking, i don't need high uptime so better to pay as low as i can pay
    @robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Go for it

• @robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Which region do you need?

• @Aidan said:

@robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

@Ympker said:

@robohost said:

Cannot used for vpn

Which region do you need?

SG specialy and ID if available

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@ehab said:
    @FAT32 at first i thought you were a spammer. but then are you?

No, I am not. Don't worry

• @FAT32 said:

Lifetime

Nothing will last forever, just set your self expectations how long you can let it go, for me for a vpn at 20ー30 usd as long as it can survive 2 years i can let it go

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018

@robohost said:

@FAT32 said:

Lifetime

Nothing will last forever, just set your self expectations how long you can let it go, for me for a vpn at 20ー30 usd as long as it can survive 2 years i can let it go

Exactly! I have paid 29$ for my Ivacy "Lifetime" Subscription and have had it for about a year now. Even for just a year it would have been a perfect price for what I got out of it but Ivacy won't be shutting down anytime soon. Why is that? Ivacy (founded also a couple of years ago) is an (inofficial) reseller of PureVPN (founded 2011), one of the leading VPNs (even though a bit questionable lately). The reseller program from PureVPN does NOT require any upfront investment and is billed per account sold meaning that the whole infrastructure is already available and Ivacy basically (aside from website hosting and support staff, which might even be purevpn whitelabel support but idk) has no recurring costs to pay and can just focus on reselling. Ivacy has less servers available than PureVPN (purevpn lifetime is also sold on stacksocial for 69,99$) and I like their ToS way more than PureVPNs but other than that I am quite happy. I don't think Ivacy nor PureVPN will suddenly vanish any time soon so I guess that deal is only gonna get better and better for me :P NordVPN was founded 2010 and has improved ever since. It is one of the biggest VPN providers with 3000+ servers and I don't see it going anywhere the next years to come @ehab (3 year deal should be OK). VPNUnlimited is a bit of a gamble with "LifeTime" as they are relatively young vpn since 2015 I think, but they also are sorta established and I think they will be around for a while, too.

TL;DR: Lifetime deals are not meant to last a lifetime. They are meant to not make you worry about recurring fees, however sometimes unfortunately aiming to scam you so it is a double edged sword. But with a bit of consideration and research they can be hella worth.

• SpiderOak is worth every penny at that price. Worth the year, then you can decide if it’s worth the renewal.

Isn’t there a great big gaping hole in one of the less secure cloud storage services right now that lets you search and access other user’s files if you know the secret knock?

• @Nekki said:
    SpiderOak is worth every penny at that price. Worth the year, then you can decide if it’s worth the renewal.

Isn’t there a great big gaping hole in one of the less secure cloud storage services right now that lets you search and access other user’s files if you know the secret knock?

For you perhaps bitport.io/streamza ?

Thanked by 1Nekki