Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel shows 404 from time to time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel shows 404 from time to time

imokimok Member

Hi.
Maybe someone has any idea how to resolve this. I have a VPS with cPanel, it's been working fine for months. Hours ago migrated a website and it started to perform weird, it looks like Apache is restarting because it shows 404 for all the domains for around 2 or 3 minutes, then it works perfect. That's happening every hour at different intervals.

In addition, the VM stops responding to ping, but not every time Apache fails. I can access via console and it's "fine".

I'm not sure what logs to check.

/var/logs/messages shows very similar output to when I boot other machines. So the entire machine is restarting? But uptime command shows more than 17 hours, as expected. https://pastebin.com/WqifEKVE

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log shows these lines https://pastebin.com/HNHan0Fy

I hope someone have any idea to get to the bottom of the problem, while I'm waiting a ticket reply from cPanel.

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Kill all the apache process via ssh and restart it via cpanel. You might have a rouge apache process

Thanked by 1imok
  • I've rebooted the entire server and it's the same.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Hmm could it be possible the new website is using up resources and the host server is somehow killing the process?

Thanked by 1imok
  • I don't think so. CPU is almost idling.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

Rebuild vhosts

Clean dns

May be this will help

• Maybe installed nginx/varnish etc?
    Will recommend to update centos and then force update cpanel.

If this wont help contact cpanel: tickets.cpanel.net