Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Out of the Box Bandwidth Monitoring
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Out of the Box Bandwidth Monitoring

lionlion Member
edited February 2018 in Help

Hello,
I'm basically looking for a software which monitors the current bandwidth of a Linux interface in specific intervals and makes a graph out it.

The graphs need to have a range of at least one day. The software should monitor the interfaces of the current system, a master-slave setup isn't required.

Zabbix has this, however it would be too much for my needs.

Thanks.

Comments

• vnstat + vnstat-php-frontend

• @Plioser said:
    vnstat + vnstat-php-frontend

That would work for the total amount of traffic used but not for the actual bandwidth over time.

• @lion said:

@Plioser said:
    vnstat + vnstat-php-frontend

That would work for the total amount of traffic used but not for the actual bandwidth over time.

Ups, you are right. My fault.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

I'd highly recommend ntopng, you can use the community edition for free via GitHub.

I've been using it on two of my Proxmox boxes for the past month. Has nice analytics broken down by IP/interface/connected client, etc.

Here's a quick screenshot for one of my IP's for the past hour's traffic:

The web interface it provides is pretty slick, easy to browse, and has tons of information that can be broken down any which way you want.

• @MasonR
    Does it have text discriptions? I am interested also.

• @MasonR said:

Thanks! That could be the piece of software that i was looking for!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@hammer said:
    @MasonR
    Does it have text discriptions? I am interested also.

Not sure what you mean by text descriptions. I'm pretty sure you can export the data as json if you wanted to graph it/analyze it outside of ntopng. But I've never really had a need to so I'm not too sure the extent of it.

@lion said:

@MasonR said:

Thanks! That could be the piece of software that i was looking for!

Sure thing! :)