Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Management Services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Management Services

BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Hello folks,

So how many people here still outsource their server management to 3rd parties? If so which company is your go to when you need such service and why and what kind of other service do you expect from these 3rd parties that you're currently not being offered?

The motive behind this post is to clearly compete with those companies and provide better services on behalf of my company!

Regards

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

No support outsourced and no intention to.

Had I been looking for outsourced support, provider’s reputation would have been an important factor.

• @Clouvider said:

Had I been looking for outsourced support, provider’s reputation would have been an important factor.

BUUUUUURN

Thanked by 5Clouvider cassa Lee Neoon jh
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

If you are outsourcing you want a 2nd/3rd line guy also doing 1st line/1st response support as well or you are going to end up with a ridiculous onapp/virtualizor situation where 50% of the responses are nonsense, 40% are just wrong/bad advice and 10% is them just telling you they will have someone else look in to it which makes it 100% pointless.

If your support is cheap, its useless imo.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:
    If you are outsourcing you want a 2nd/3rd line guy also doing 1st line/1st response support as well or you are going to end up with a ridiculous onapp/virtualizor situation where 50% of the responses are nonsense, 40% are just wrong/bad advice and 10% is them just telling you they will have someone else look in to it which makes it 100% pointless.

If your support is cheap, its useless imo.

Of course I've been contacted by people whom I sell licenses to where companies that own the license lack experienced support though the product is great.

I never said our outsourcing is going to be cheap or low-end I'm just looking forward to knowing what people expect along with good support when it comes to servers like value adds.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well, as someone who does outsourced support for a few companies, you need to treat it as if it was your own, if you need to ask... its one of those things, you can do it or you cant, if you cant, don't pretend you can just to get the job.

Thanked by 1mikho

@AnthonySmith said:
    Well, as someone who does outsourced support for a few companies, you need to treat it as if it was your own, if you need to ask... its one of those things, you can do it or you cant, if you cant, don't pretend you can just to get the job.

^ Agreed, reputation doesn't come from the pretentious support it rather comes from real support. Surely in my ethics!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

As a hosting provider I don't outsorce, I can ask for help in certain situations but not the day to day task of monitoring and doing basic server tasks.

If I were to be in another type of business that doesn't involve computers at all, I would be more willing to outsorce stuff like that. Like a store owner who outsorce the administrative handling of their webpage.

There is a market if you are looking into outsorcing, take care of every part of their website, including server or any other hosting account, making sure everything is updated on a regular basis.

If you are looking for a long term business relationship, this might be the wrong crowd to ask. Unless you offer support staff that can do automatic answers or as consultants on a specific project.
    That would be an opening to longer, better contracts.
    Offer to d o security audits, thats one way to get your foot inside.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Bharath bhai,
    This is LET. Nobody wants to pay..Everyone just wanna earn..

just a TROLL

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

Outsourcing sounds like, I want to make more profit, as return I offer shit support by a 3rd party.

Also, you expose yourself to a risk, that someone could/would sell your costumer data, they pay a lot for a password or complete dataset.

"provide better services "

Take a look at bigger providers, they outsource, like Vodafone, these people get shitty paid, get 2 weeks training, and they do support.

Do you really want to go down to that level?

And you call it good support, hahaha.

Sure you can do that, but thats shit.

Well most comments are directed towards support outsourcing but I wanted to take a leap into the managed services, I hope my post didn't mislead that fact. It's more like hiring a system admin for your clusters

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We have some outsourced support for front line stuff just so we can have 24/7 coverage and our local staff can handle the more important stuff.