Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone running anbox.io on a VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone running anbox.io on a VPS?

sandrosandro Member
edited February 2018 in Help

Hello,
I'm looing for a VPS on which I can install ubuntu or similar OSes with a light GUI and put anbox.it on it and use everything with a VNC. I tried with a virtualbox on Windows host and it's a bit complicated due to graphic drivers and I also read that nvidia cards don't work at all.
What kind of cheap (of course) VPS could possibly work? I doubt servers run graphic cards? Not sure how it works for virtualization...

If someone already does it maybe I can try something that works for sure :)
OR maybe something similar that works on Linux for running Android, even it's slower it's fine.

Thanks!

Comments

• So, basically you want to run OpenVZ in KVM ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

No you wont be able to do this as you get no 3d acceleration, doing it in vbox on windows it probably the most simple method so if you founf that complicated you are in for a world of hurt.

If you really want to do this (for some reason) then the cheapest option is probably going to be to buy a server from @ikoula with a graphics card and install ubuntu on that + anbox as they have servers with GT 710 GFX cards in them starting at €14.99

Thanked by 2Aidan Ikoula
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    No you wont be able to do this as you get no 3d acceleration, doing it in vbox on windows it probably the most simple method so if you founf that complicated you are in for a world of hurt.

If you really want to do this (for some reason) then the cheapest option is probably going to be to buy a server from @ikoula with a graphics card and install ubuntu on that + anbox as they have servers with GT 710 GFX cards in them starting at €14.99

thanks