Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on SSD nodes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions on SSD nodes?

I'm considering gambling on their $120/year VPS which seems absurdly cheap for some personal stuff but figured I'd ask you lovely people if I was an idiot.

Note: Please clarify why I'm an idiot and if it relates to picking SSDNodes as a provider.

Comments

• I've been using SSDNodes $120/year for a couple of months now. Uptime is great, benchmarks are great, support is great. The only thing I would like is to have the option to have an HDD add on.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Had an OpenVZ yearly with them in the past. Had no issues at all. Support staff is great and uptime was always good.

Definitely a solid host that won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I'd recommend them.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • Replies from support team are fast and they are very helpful, even so I have a pending issue with them... hope to see it resolved today.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • @imok said:
    Replies from support team are fast and they are very helpful, even so I have a pending issue with them... hope to see it resolved today.

Serious/downtime kind of issue? Or one of those issues pretty much every LET vendor has from time to time? (i.e. poor routing) ;)

• They were okay when I joined. Last time I had an issue where my server froze it seem. They don't offer controls to restart it from the online panel it seems. So that was my biggest issue with it, and why I left.

Support is as good as you can expect from the price.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • @Marionette said:
    Serious/downtime kind of issue? Or one of those issues pretty much every LET vendor has from time to time? (i.e. poor routing) ;)

No. Network speed and uptime is fine. Maybe I can share more when my ticket is closed.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • I have two VPSes with them in Dallas, and they both had downtime recently, one on 2 Feb (around 45 minutes) and the other on 6 Feb (intermittent downtime for maybe 30 minutes).

Some downtime is expected with any provider, but I was a little disappointed not to be notified or receive a summary of the outage and if there's something they plan to do to avoid similar failures in the future.

Other than that, I've been happy with their performance.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • I've used their VPS early on last year for about 6 months in their Dalas location. Solid performance with a great price, I'd recommend them highly enough. Reason I cancelled was their ping to my location was slightly higher than I'd like. If they open in Europe France/Germany/UK then I'd jump back on again.

Thanked by 1Marionette
  • jaden said: on 6 Feb (intermittent downtime for maybe 30 minutes).

Related https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137401/network-problems-with-incero

Thanked by 1jaden
  • I would say they are pretty good. They have an issue with their OpenVZ containers (due to offering Docker support on it), but overall solid stuff. My VPSes are in the Montreal DC. Good network speeds.
    Ticket resolution time is fast (you can even email their CEO Matt and he responds in minutes)