Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some info on E3-SSD-2-32 from SyS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some info on E3-SSD-2-32 from SyS

Anyone has a E3-SSD-2-32 from Soyoustart in France and can tell me if VMware ESXi is available in the installation list?
Their site shows VMware ESXi available for E3-SSD-2-32 in Canada, but not in France and I'm not sure where's the typo as normally by being the same server the supported software should be the same.
Thanks!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ESXi 5.0 is the only option.

• Okay, thanks!
    Their site does not list that version for France, but lists 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5 for Canada. Pretty weird.
    I wonder if 5.0 can be upgraded :D

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Malin said:
    Okay, thanks!
    Their site does not list that version for France, but lists 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5 for Canada. Pretty weird.
    I wonder if 5.0 can be upgraded :D

Could probably open a ticket if one isn't, I'm sure they could add it if it should be there. The one I checked wasn't the exact same server, so it may vary.

• Yea, I'm thinking maybe it's different hardware between France and Canada, but same CPU so that's why it happens to be different. I have a ticket opened with them as I need at least 6.0, can't work with 5.x.

• Yes, you can upgrade ESXi, you download the zip upgrade and it locally.

One thing to note is that unless you buy a server with hardware raid, esx will see the disks individually. (JBOD)

M

• I know how to upgrade ESXi, the problem is about the hardware limitations that I may encounter. Switching from version 5.0 to 6.5 cannot be done directly. I must do incremental upgrade to versions 5.5, 6.0 and then 6.5 which may or may not work, depending on the hardware support.
    Next, as far as the RAID is concerned, I don't care that much if it sees the drives individually or not. In fact I'd prefer the disks to be different datastores rather than one combined.