Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• Thread has been cleaned. Keep discussion on topic (read: The Community Guidelines) or comments will be removed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

I cannot believe I just added this rule, but apparently we're not clear on this so let's change that:

Added to ban-worthy offenses:

• Discussing your approval of raping children

I feel that it is implied, and will later remove it. For now, it seems a hot topic, and needs clarity.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Did anybody actively approve the raping of children?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • WSSWSS Member

I approve of it- sometimes.

Kris-Kross was good, but Willow Smith needs to shut the fuck up and go back to doing drugs on Twitter.

Yes, one long time member made clear his efforts to convince others here that child rapists are victims and the children raped are not. This is not acceptable discussion on LET.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Okay, I must have missed that.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Can we also ban millenials, because they're largely cunts.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: ban millenials

Pretty sure that's pretty much everyone here.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net

I was able to remove the most idiotic rule I've ever had to make because the "cest pit" has taken a leave of absence.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • TomTom Member

@jarland said:
    I was able to remove the most idiotic rule I've ever had to make because the "cest pit" has taken a leave of absence.

:/
    Is it gone forever or just temporary?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
    edited March 2017

Yoda said: Is it gone forever or just temporary?

I would like to think it's implied by the tone of the rest of the rules.

Edit: Oh you mean the thread lol, no it'll be back.

Thanked by 2Tom pan_ia0_net
  • WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:

HOME WRECKER!

Thanked by 2jar pan_ia0_net
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

qps said: Pretty sure that's pretty much everyone here.

Pretty sure that's not true.

jarland said: I was able to remove the most idiotic rule I've ever had to make because the "cest pit" has taken a leave of absence.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Done with LET, fuck this shit.

It's back :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2017

@jarland can we crack down on the amount of large unrelated "funny" pictures and animated GIFs? This shit is getting out of control
    from https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2158479/#Comment_2158479 down on
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2158545/#Comment_2158545 too
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2157330/#Comment_2157330 etc

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • WSSWSS Member

@rm_ said:
    @jarland can we crack down on the amount of large unrelated "funny" pictures and animated GIFs? This shit is getting out of control
    from https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2158479/#Comment_2158479 down on

• LeeLee Veteran

rm_ said: @jarland can we crack down on the amount of large unrelated "funny" pictures and animated GIFs? This shit is getting out of control

I bet it's the only thing that keeps people coming back to the otherwise pointless threads.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@rm_ said:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2157330/#Comment_2157330 etc

Could you please specify your gripe with these?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
    edited April 2017

Could you please specify your gripe with these?

Not the level of content you would expect seeing on a hosting discussion forum, as opposed to a bottom of the barrel anonymous imageboard. Also simply annoying with pages worth of constantly moving animations, and takes longer to scroll through to find the actual interesting posts in the piles of junk (especially when those replying quote the entire previous post with all the images again and again). Surprised it's something that needs explained, really.

edited April 2017

I actually kind of like it, and do it myself. It's a method of expression that has grown to significant adoption levels on the internet. It brings some humor with it. It can communicate things in a more unique way than merely text, much like emoticons.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net

jarland said: I actually kind of like it, and do it myself. It's a method of expression that has grown to significant adoption levels on the internet. It brings some humor with it. It can communicate things in a more unique way than merely text, much like emoticons.

You don't agree there needs to be a certain amount of measure and taste, for these to remain funny and not drown out the actual useful content? And who do we contact for a second opinion then, @SysAdmin?

edited April 2017

Furthermore there are rules that apply to e.g. signatures, for them not to be annoying and distracting:

Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting.

But a flood of posts like these in a general discussion thread
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2158506/#Comment_2158506
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2158512/#Comment_2158512
    is entirely okay?

• LeeLee Veteran

rm_ said: And who do we contact for a second opinion then, @SysAdmin?

Really.... lol

Thanked by 2jar pan_ia0_net
  • WSSWSS Member

@rm_ said:

jarland said: I actually kind of like it, and do it myself. It's a method of expression that has grown to significant adoption levels on the internet. It brings some humor with it. It can communicate things in a more unique way than merely text, much like emoticons.

You don't agree there needs to be a certain amount of measure and taste, for these to remain funny and not drown out the actual useful content? And who do we contact for a second opinion then, @SysAdmin?

I get it. You don't like me. I can still get by without you enjoying my posts. However, calling upon the moderators' moderator may very well be your undoing. May your beheading be swift and successful with the first attempt.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
    edited April 2017

I get it. You don't like me. I can still get by without you enjoying my posts.

This has nothing to do with any particular user, if you note the posts I linked to are not just yours. IMO some standard needs to be developed, and while personally I'd go for a complete forum engine level ban of animated images, if others like those, perhaps a "maximum one per post" limit can be considered?

Thanked by 3ucxo Corey pan_ia0_net
    edited April 2017

@rm_ said:

I appointed a team of people who do not always agree with me and made no requests or demands that they agree with me. They are empowered to do what they feel is right. You are welcome to get opinions from any of them.

I just think you're being overly sensitive for someone who has stated, multiple times, that your appreciation for LET often centers around not being overly moderated.

@jarland said:

@rm_ said:

I appointed a team of people who do not always agree with me and made no requests or demands that they agree with me. They are empowered to do what they feel is right. You are welcome to get opinions from any of them.

I just think you're being overly sensitive for someone who has stated, multiple times, that your appreciation for LET often centers around not being overly moderated.

When you do a good job, people think you've done nothing.

@rm_ said:

raindog308 said: You seem to be having a bad day...? You're not usually so aggressive.

Sorry, but it doesn't make a good day seeing a place that I like and enjoy since 2011 being over-flooded with junk and noise in every thread, and rapidly going down in quality while people who are supposed to watch over this just cheering and not trying to stop that. If you want to discuss then let's continue in the corresponding thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2158827/#Comment_2158827

In my opinion the quality has increased. We treat everyone as if we have known them for years, we throw shit and expect it back, we're here to have fun and learn from each other. If that's not a community I don't know what is.

I'm sad that you think otherwise, you've contributed a decent amount to the community and I would want to address your concerns before they reach critical mass.

I assess each gif post I see and they are normally in context. If a limit were to be set of a max per post how many would you think? I'd go with three if we were to set a limit.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • WSSWSS Member

@trewq said:
    I assess each gif post I see and they are normally in context. If a limit were to be set of a max per post how many would you think? I'd go with three if we were to set a limit.

Me. Tribe of PlentyGIF. Ancestor of GRASP. Know so many of sexings. Howdy.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rm_ said: Not the level of content you would expect seeing on a hosting discussion forum,

You've been here since 2011. It's not like the community has radically changed since then.

Thanked by 2pan_ia0_net szarka