Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated October 2020] - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated October 2020]

123457»

Comments

  • the Amitz.party lives on!

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    teamacc said: Wasnt that covered under the white-hat clause already?

    Yes, though it's possible some people may have opened those types of threads with honest intentions. Just clarifying that we can't tell what people's intentions are so these kinds of threads are not allowed.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • DelongDelong Member, Provider

    @trewq said:

    • Speed Qualifiers: We ask you to meet some pretty low minimums to qualify for the Provider tag (5 posts, 14 days). When you spam five quick "+1 good idea" replies to get to the limit, it disappoints us.

    Just for some clarification, it's actually 15 posts correct?

  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2019

    @Delong said:

    @trewq said:

    • Speed Qualifiers: We ask you to meet some pretty low minimums to qualify for the Provider tag (5 posts, 14 days). When you spam five quick "+1 good idea" replies to get to the limit, it disappoints us.

    Just for some clarification, it's actually 15 posts correct?

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1

    PS: You’ve essentially told us all that you’ve either 1) neglected to read the selling rules; or 2) are posting seemingly legitimate questions to get to fifteen posts.

    Thanked by 2angstrom Delong
  • @doghouch said:

    @Delong said:

    @trewq said:

    • Speed Qualifiers: We ask you to meet some pretty low minimums to qualify for the Provider tag (5 posts, 14 days). When you spam five quick "+1 good idea" replies to get to the limit, it disappoints us.

    Just for some clarification, it's actually 15 posts correct?

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1

    PS: You’ve essentially told us all that you’ve either 1) neglected to read the selling rules; or 2) are posting seemingly legitimate questions to get to fifteen posts.

    In the OP of THIS current thread (community rules) it's listed as 5 posts, at least at the time of him posting that comment.

    So his question is very legitimate and the text in the OP of this thread should be updated.

    Thanked by 2angstrom Delong

    I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

  • DelongDelong Member, Provider
    edited November 2019

    doghouch said: PS: You’ve essentially told us all that you’ve either 1) neglected to read the selling rules; or 2) are posting seemingly legitimate questions to get to fifteen posts.

    I didn't neglect to read the selling rules nor am I trying to drum up a post count. Just seeking clarification. This thread and the other were conflicting. With this stating it was updating in November 2019.

    teamacc said: In the OP of THIS current thread (community rules) it's listed as 5 posts, at least at the time of him posting that comment.

    So his question is very legitimate and the text in the OP of this thread should be updated.

    Thanks. The way I see it is I'd get the proper information and allow the mods to update the relevant posts.

  • @Delong said:
    I didn't neglect to read the selling rules nor am I trying to drum up a post count. Just seeking clarification. This thread and the other were conflicting. With this stating it was updating in November 2019.

    My bad. It's rare to see someone post something legitimate in this thread :/

  • DelongDelong Member, Provider

    @doghouch said:
    My bad. It's rare to see someone post something legitimate in this thread :/

    No problem and completely understand. I've seen a quite a few people spamming random comments or necroing dead threads. Typically named ABCXYZHost variant trying to hit that post count.

  • is there any shortest version of this rules?

    LEMPer is yet another LEMP stack installer (plus cli-based LEMP stack management tool).
    Start your LEMP stack on the reliable cloud VPS instance starting only from around $5/mo.

  • @masedi said:
    is there any shortest version of this rules?

    Yes. Break one and getting banned is the shortest version.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

  • @masedi said:
    is there any shortest version of this rules?

    1) Don't be a dick.
    2) The end is nigh.

    Thanked by 3angstrom Master_Bo imok

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • @masedi said:
    is there any shortest version of this rules?

    Only have 2 lines in your signature.

    Thanked by 1angstrom

    I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

  • @masedi said:
    is there any shortest version of this rules?

    Why do I have the impression that you're pointing a gun at us?

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • @masedi said:
    is there any shortest version of this rules?

    Yes, but it's well hidden and you'll have to find it. :tongue:

    Don't be so serious. It's just a forum. No one cares what you think anyway.

  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Provider
    edited November 2019

    The LET Support desk does not allow login or creating tickets, anything wrong there?

    Nvm... Found https://support.lowend.party

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    @masedi said:
    is there any shortest version of this rules?

    They’re pretty short...unless you don’t read much.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • Sir. I have a free vpn product. And i want to share to LET.
    is it allowed?

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator
    edited December 2019

    naufalbdno said: is it allowed?

    For you, no. But thanks for asking. You can consider a provider tag in a few months.

    Thanked by 3t0ny0 scooke maverickp
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @Cloudcone said:
    The LET Support desk does not allow login or creating tickets, anything wrong there?

    Nvm... Found https://support.lowend.party

    The original help desk has been fixed for a few weeks. All new activity should be directed to:

    https://support.lowendtalk.com

    Jon Biloh
  • hi, understood the rules but what if i wanted to promote newly offers from some providers as affiliation? should i post new threat or signature?
    i wanted to help and wanted to get help as well, don't want spaming n all.

    Thanks

  • @shaneleur said: hi, understood the rules but what if i wanted to promote newly offers from some providers as affiliation? should i post new threat or signature?

    You shouldn't post new threat

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • thank you for this <3 awesome site

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    Updated the rules post to reflect that @FAT32 is our newest Administrator.

    Thanks and congrats both to @FAT32 for all of his contributions, old and new alike.

    Jon Biloh
  • WSSWSS Member

    I'm too drunk to give a fuck.. why is Jon still here?

  • @WSS said:
    I'm too drunk to give a fuck.. why is Jon still here?

    Holy shit

    Thanked by 1pike
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @WSS said:
    I'm too drunk to give a fuck.. why is Jon still here?

    Nice to see you around :)

    Jon Biloh
  • WSSWSS Member

    @jbiloh said:

    @WSS said:
    I'm too drunk to give a fuck.. why is Jon still here?

    Nice to see you around :)

    Oh Hi!

    Evidently Deluxe didn't want this turd in a blanket. What're your plans with it?

  • donlidonli Member

    @jbiloh said:
    Updated the rules post to reflect that @FAT32 is our newest Administrator.

    Thanks and congrats both to @FAT32 for all of his contributions, old and new alike.

    Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    donli said: Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

    He's a nice guy you should be nice to him! :)

    Jon Biloh
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    donli said: Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

    He's a nice guy you should be nice to him! :)

    Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @donli said:
    Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

    Well don't worry about that, just don't treat me badly :joy:

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • Hi friends How are you? all good? I'm glad comrades, my name is Jose Rodas, and I live in Paraguay. I wish you all a beautiful day, and hopefully we all get along well: D

    psychological hug haha

  • samirosamiro Member

    Thanks for the great offers.

  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2020

    Okay, i've been a member here for 9 years. I just now got a "medium warning" from @raindog308 for my thread about the election debates. Medium Warning says "No politics outside Cest Pit". Like where the heck is this rule? I didnt find it and still cant find it. I'm kinda pissed by that because there is absolutely NO rule listed which says "dont create political threads".

    "Posting about things other than low end virtual machines/technology in places other than Offtopic. The category is there for a reason." I did post in fact in Offtopic. And there is no rule that says no political stuff here.

    What has LET become during the last 2 years [...].

    @raindog308 @trewq

  • @fLoo

    Tired Threads
    These threads are either played out (nothing new to say) or tend to generate more heat than light. Think carefully before wading into them.

    The ethics of copyright in the digital age, the ethics of torrenting, BLAH BLAH freaking BLAH MAKE IT STOP.
    Gun control.
    Political debates, this candidate or party vs. that, etc. We're in different countries, for pity's sake.

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2020

    It still does not say that i'm not allowed to post these threads. Either make a rule for that or let it be. There isnt even one single mention of "Cest Pit", also no rule to not create such topics.

    The warning clearly says that im not allowed to post such things while i clearly am according to the rules. Its about the fact that this rule has been made up no more no less. I dont care about the warning but i do care about rules made up on the fly just because someone felt like it.

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    @fLoo said: It still does not say that i'm not allowed to post these threads. Either make a rule for that or let it be. There isnt even one single mention of "Cest Pit", also no rule to not create such topics.

    Fair enough - it's long been a community norm but I'll put it in the rules.

    @fLoo said: The warning clearly says that im not allowed to post such things while i clearly am according to the rules. Its about the fact that this rule has been made up no more no less. I dont care about the warning but i do care about rules made up on the fly just because someone felt like it.

    No, it's long been our custom not to allow political threads with the exception that anything goes in the Pit.

    Now it's an official rule. Probably good timing given the looming US election.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • PHDanPHDan Member
    edited October 2020

    Does a "Medium Warning" mean anything? Do other users see that someone has been warned? Can I get a warning so I can rant and bitch about the oppressive, draconian power trippers that run this joint? Would a well placed "You're literally HITLER!!!" towards raindog get me some cool warning swag for my account? I'd like flair if possible.

    Edit: Oh, and please don't put this in a more appropriate private message, I'd like this to be in public so I can shame everyone involved that I feel has wronged me.

  • @PHDan said:
    Does a "Medium Warning" mean anything? Do other users see that someone has been warned? Can I get a warning so I can rant and bitch about the oppressive, draconian power trippers that run this joint? Would a well placed "You're literally HITLER!!!" towards raindog get me some cool warning swag for my account? I'd like flair if possible.

    Edit: Oh, and please don't put this in a more appropriate private message, I'd like this to be in public so I can shame everyone involved that I feel has wronged me.

    It’s the default level of warning IIRC.

    For stupid stuff like... people with signatures over the 2 line limit (by a bit), I used to just send a DM unless they refused to change it or kept changing it back. If they were blatant and had something like four lines, then I’d leave a small warning (usually low). (the three levels: low, medium, severe)

    Thanked by 1PHDan
  • PHDanPHDan Member
    edited October 2020

    Thanks doghouch. Obviously my post was a passive aggressive "WTF are you bitching about" but I really do appreciate you taking the time to provide a productive response.

    Thanked by 1doghouch
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator
    edited October 2020

    @PHDan said: Do other users see that someone has been warned?

    Nope, only mods and that user. All a warning does is put a little "warning" sticker next to the user's name with a note...that's all.

    @PHDan said: Can I get a warning so I can rant and bitch about the oppressive, draconian power trippers that run this joint?

    Done!

    image

    Thanked by 2PHDan FrankZ

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • Thanked by 1raindog308
  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited October 2020

    @raindog308 I would like to feel pretty too

    Trying to be positive and friendly :)

  • thank you

    [Signature removed for spam]

  • Segera daftarkan diri anda di agen slot online sekarang juga.

Sign In or Register to comment.