Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

There should be a rule that if someone has a provider tag, they must name the provider in their signature.

• Great.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@perkinsonline said:
    Great.

Thanks for signing up to contribute this statement.

Thanked by 2ITLabs AuroraZ
  • SolidSeoVPSSolidSeoVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hi
    How do we apply for Provider Tag please?

• @SolidSeoVPS said:
    Hi
    How do we apply for Provider Tag please?

By learning how to read would be the first thing.

@ITLabs Understand the need/want to help others, but sometimes you can't man. All they have to do is read and they will know the answer.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep

@AuroraZ, @ITLabs
    The only thing missing here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1 how many months should you wait for an answer.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AuroraZ said: All they have to do is read and they will know the answer.

then if they read a bit more ... not even needing to read so much between the lines ...

they might pick up a clue or two with regards to a certain Scumbag Special shortcut

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @uptime said:
    Scumbag Special shortcut

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Debouncer said:
    @AuroraZ, @ITLabs
    The only thing missing here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1 how many months should you wait for an answer.

Until you get one or decide you will not get one. The people that have any control here are volunteers. They will get to it when they get to it. If that answer does not suit you need to find another site and go there.

• @moderncloudhosting said:
    Thanks

FYI we can reset your post count.

Making a bunch of crappy one-word posts won't get you any closer to the provider tag.

• hzrhzr Member

I would vote yes to a "you are never getting a provider tag no matter how much you meet the requirements" flags for companies/users that shitpost their way to the minimum.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Yeah I vote for that too @hzr

It pisses me off to see such providers that only want the damn tag. They put no effort in their posts, they could be original at least. This particular guy annoys me.
    Can El Cheapo order to reset his post count or BAND HIM????

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • @hzr said:
    I would vote yes to a "you are never getting a provider tag no matter how much you meet the requirements" flags for companies/users that shitpost their way to the minimum.

Need one for impatient boys as well. They can not seem to get it through their heads that it takes time to do things.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited August 2019

I agree. WHT charges a thousand dollars for corp membership and has full time staff. LET is volunteer run (well, CC, but let's call that LEB). If an ad thread for your shitty ovh reselling host is that critical to your success, you don't deserve to be in business. I'd go so far as to say users that only hit and run offer threads exclusively after getting a tag lose their tag for not participating too

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime MikePT
  • @hzr said:
    I agree. WHT charges a thousand dollars for corp membership and has full time staff. LET is volunteer run (well, CC, but let's call that LEB). If an ad thread for your shitty ovh reselling host is that critical to your success, you don't deserve to be in business. I'd go so far as to say users that only hit and run offer threads exclusively after getting a tag lose their tag for not participating too

I 100% agree, this site was not started for providers, but for users. Sure there were a few, but they were not the primary focus and should not be now.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • @doghouch said:

@moderncloudhosting said:
    Thanks

Making a bunch of crappy one-word posts won't get you any closer to the provider tag.

Have a nice day,

In general, we follow and comment on the issues. We also follow the updates. We do not comment spam for the provider tag. Where do you think we've made a mistake?

• @moderncloudhosting said:

@doghouch said:

@moderncloudhosting said:
    Thanks

Have a nice day,

In general, we follow and comment on the issues. We also follow the updates. We do not comment spam for the provider tag. Where do you think we've made a mistake?

He just showed you in a screenshot. Which makes asking where we made a mistake also spam, because you have already been shown.

• hzrhzr Member

"Thanks" contributes nothing. You could have just clicked the button.

• where have the offer posting rules gone?

• noezdenoezde Member, Patron Provider

idk if i'm doing sth wrong, but I cant open the helpdesk. Everytime I try to open the helpdesk it appears a .php download

• @noezde said:
    idk if i'm doing sth wrong, but I cant open the helpdesk. Everytime I try to open the helpdesk it appears a .php download

You are needing to use PHP Selekter 7.8, sir.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Ympker
  • Lee said: There should be a rule that if someone has a provider tag, they must name the provider in their signature.

agree!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited November 2019

We do not allow threads asking for the community to stress test or throughput test an IP, URL, or any other network resource. The potential for DDOS abuse is too great. Rules have been updated to reflect this.

• @raindog308 said:
    We do not allow threads asking for the community to stress test or throughput test an IP, URL, or any other network resource. The potential for DDOS abuse is too great. Rules have been updated to reflect this.

That thread had "ddos my friend" written all over it.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@raindog308 said:

Yeah it seems like such requests have been popping up now and then.

• @raindog308 said:

Wasnt that covered under the white-hat clause already?

• @teamacc said:

@raindog308 said:

Wasnt that covered under the white-hat clause already?

No doubt, but at the same time, stating it explicitly makes it a rule that is easy to cite and leaves no room for ambiguity

Thanked by 1uptime