Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019] - Page 7
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019]

123457»

Comments

• thedpthedp Member

@raindog308 said:
      We do not allow threads asking for the community to stress test or throughput test an IP, URL, or any other network resource. The potential for DDOS abuse is too great. Rules have been updated to reflect this.

Yeah it seems like such requests have been popping up now and then.

DomainPeon - Somewhat decent domain names for sale | Auction In Progress
      "Living da lowend vida loca." -- @uptime

• @raindog308 said:
      We do not allow threads asking for the community to stress test or throughput test an IP, URL, or any other network resource. The potential for DDOS abuse is too great. Rules have been updated to reflect this.

Wasnt that covered under the white-hat clause already?

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

@raindog308 said:

Wasnt that covered under the white-hat clause already?

No doubt, but at the same time, stating it explicitly makes it a rule that is easy to cite and leaves no room for ambiguity

Thanked by 1uptime

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• the Amitz.party lives on!

• teamacc said: Wasnt that covered under the white-hat clause already?

Yes, though it's possible some people may have opened those types of threads with honest intentions. Just clarifying that we can't tell what people's intentions are so these kinds of threads are not allowed.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the moderation business. Some that have not been overcome.

• DelongDelong Member, Provider

@trewq said:

• Speed Qualifiers: We ask you to meet some pretty low minimums to qualify for the Provider tag (5 posts, 14 days). When you spam five quick "+1 good idea" replies to get to the limit, it disappoints us.

Just for some clarification, it's actually 15 posts correct?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
      edited November 6

@Delong said:

@trewq said:

• Speed Qualifiers: We ask you to meet some pretty low minimums to qualify for the Provider tag (5 posts, 14 days). When you spam five quick "+1 good idea" replies to get to the limit, it disappoints us.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1

PS: You’ve essentially told us all that you’ve either 1) neglected to read the selling rules; or 2) are posting seemingly legitimate questions to get to fifteen posts.

Thanked by 2angstrom Delong
    • @doghouch said:

@Delong said:

@trewq said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1

PS: You’ve essentially told us all that you’ve either 1) neglected to read the selling rules; or 2) are posting seemingly legitimate questions to get to fifteen posts.

In the OP of THIS current thread (community rules) it's listed as 5 posts, at least at the time of him posting that comment.

So his question is very legitimate and the text in the OP of this thread should be updated.

Thanked by 2angstrom Delong

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

edited November 6

doghouch said: PS: You’ve essentially told us all that you’ve either 1) neglected to read the selling rules; or 2) are posting seemingly legitimate questions to get to fifteen posts.

I didn't neglect to read the selling rules nor am I trying to drum up a post count. Just seeking clarification. This thread and the other were conflicting. With this stating it was updating in November 2019.

teamacc said: In the OP of THIS current thread (community rules) it's listed as 5 posts, at least at the time of him posting that comment.

So his question is very legitimate and the text in the OP of this thread should be updated.

Thanks. The way I see it is I'd get the proper information and allow the mods to update the relevant posts.

• @Delong said:
      I didn't neglect to read the selling rules nor am I trying to drum up a post count. Just seeking clarification. This thread and the other were conflicting. With this stating it was updating in November 2019.

My bad. It's rare to see someone post something legitimate in this thread :/

@doghouch said:
      My bad. It's rare to see someone post something legitimate in this thread :/

No problem and completely understand. I've seen a quite a few people spamming random comments or necroing dead threads. Typically named ABCXYZHost variant trying to hit that post count.

• is there any shortest version of this rules?

LEMPer is yet another LEMP stack installer (plus cli-based LEMP stack management tool).
      Start your LEMP stack on the realiable cloud VPS instance starting from around $5usd/mo.

• @masedi said:
      is there any shortest version of this rules?

Yes. Break one and getting banned is the shortest version.

Thanked by 2angstrom TimboJones

Avoid scams and stay updated with legitimate great deals: LowEndBoxes Review | The LEBRE Whitelist of non-scammy hosts | Pending whitelist: Evolution-Host, Bandit Host, HostSlick

• @masedi said:

1) Don't be a dick.
      2) The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1angstrom

the Amitz.party lives on!

• @masedi said:

Only have 2 lines in your signature.

Thanked by 1angstrom

• @masedi said:

Why do I have the impression that you're pointing a gun at us?

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• @masedi said:

Yes, but it's well hidden and you'll have to find it. :tongue:

Don't be so serious. It's just a forum. No one cares what you think anyway.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Provider
      edited November 25

The LET Support desk does not allow login or creating tickets, anything wrong there?

Nvm... Found https://support.lowend.party

• @masedi said:

They’re pretty short...unless you don’t read much.

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the moderation business. Some that have not been overcome.