Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019] - Page 5
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019]

Comments

• jarjar Provider

@BITW said:
      2 Lines Signature max
      How many links can be put there? Thanks in advance.

Probably 40 or so. How many can you put on two lines?

Thanked by 2MasonR lurch

HB | Block AS9009 (M247) for unfiltered abuse and ignoring abuse complaints

• FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jarland said:

@BITW said:
      2 Lines Signature max
      How many links can be put there? Thanks in advance.

I believe it can fits 300 (Example of 10 below)

Perhaps, some dreams can only be dreams.
      Virmach BF Compilation <- Just click on that damn link

• BITWBITW Member without signature

@jarland said:

Already got cleared about this matter. Not a big deal. 3-4 is fine.

• why i cant post. when i try to post it shows me an error saying i m not allowed to post in this category. I have tried all categories.....

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

ahmadtalal0786 said: why i cant post. when i try to post it shows me an error saying i m not allowed to post in this category. I have tried all categories.....

Well you managed to post here?

I think you are telling lies perhaps?

Provide a screenshot.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• @AnthonySmith said:

ahmadtalal0786 said: why i cant post. when i try to post it shows me an error saying i m not allowed to post in this category. I have tried all categories.....

Provide a screenshot.

Don't think a member can post in the offers category.

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

• MasonRMasonR Member

@FlamesRunner said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Provide a screenshot.

Don't think a member can post in the offers category.

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd/ioping, iperf, & Geekbench)

• JackHJackH Moderator
      edited May 2018

PLEASE NOTE that $1 USD = £0.74 GBP = €0.84 EUR = $1.29 CAD = ₹67.13 INR = $99972436604189623239432994816.00 ZWD

If you can't do maths, don't post offers.

Thanked by 1Aidan

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

jackhadrill said: PLEASE NOTE that $1 USD = £0.74 GBP = €0.84 EUR = $1.29 CAD = ₹67.13 INR = $361.90 ZWD

Volunteering to do that daily? :)

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• JackHJackH Moderator

@AnthonySmith said:

jackhadrill said: PLEASE NOTE that $1 USD = £0.74 GBP = €0.84 EUR = $1.29 CAD = ₹67.13 INR = $361.90 ZWD

Volunteering to do that daily? :)

I'd do it by the minute if my fingers were fast enough ;-)

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• Sorry, I broke a rule about replying to dead thread. I take old threads don't automatically lock. Some forum software does this... but I guess Vanilla forum doesn't have this feature? (hope May 2018 is not considered old thread).

• williewillie Member
      edited June 2018

We don't automatically lock old threads because some topics are of continuing interest and new posts can be relevant. Other times (someone asked a question years ago but it's long since lost relevance) it's best to not revive the thread unless you have something of real current interest to contribute.

Thread revival isn't a bad problem in its own right, but when new users do it without obvious good reasons, it's often simply someone cluttering up the board to get their post count up so they can ask for a provider tag or the like. That's why we tend to clamp down when that happens.

Thanked by 3joepie91 kassle Shazan

#lexit spread the word.

• I got warning due to wishing cancer and I said why. So, let is not a place for free speech?

Anyway, I love LET. I think professional manner is what I need to maintain.

Regards

• @Tumbleguy1 said:
      I got warning due to wishing cancer and I said why. So, let is not a place for free speech?

Regards

Are you trying to get banned? Wishing death/cancer/etc. is rude and devalues human life.

Thanked by 2Nomad Tumbleguy1
    • deankdeank Member
      edited October 2018

Let him keep doing what he does.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@deank said:
      Let him keep doing what he does.

Yeah, that will hopefully get solved in a matter of a few posts :)

Clouvider Limited - Leading EU Hosting Solution Provider || UK Dedicated Server Sale - True HA Cloud VPS - Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA VPS on OnApp | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• Tumbleguy1Tumbleguy1 Member
      edited October 2018

@doghouch said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:
      I got warning due to wishing cancer and I said why. So, let is not a place for free speech?

Regards

Are you trying to get banned? Wishing death/cancer/etc. is rude and devalues human life.

Hey thanks. Not going do that again I promise.
      As I'm new , mod could warn me in DM.

Rules are observed.

Thanks to all.

• Well, it's generally common sense.

You don't wish ill on someone else's well being. Human basic decency 101.

• Well, this place is changing.

• The line it is drawn
      The curse it is cast
      The slow one now
      Will later be fast
      As the present now
      Will later be past
      The order is rapidly fading
      And the first one now will later be last
      For the times they are a-changin'

• JackHJackH Moderator

@Tumbleguy1 said:

@doghouch said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:

Regards

Rules are observed.

Thanks to all.

As you’re new, you’re lucky you didn’t get instabanned.

Warnings are non public, only you can see them. We’ve discussed this in DM already. If you try to convince me any further that you have a moral obligation to wish cancer upon people, then good luck to you...

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Tumbleguy1 said: I got warning due to wishing cancer and I said why

you are obviously very young and have not seen that first hand, you are clearly very immature, I hope you never have to learn why a lot of people here consider you the scum of the earth right now.

• @Tumbleguy1 said:

Rules are observed.

Thanks to all.

I asked you why would you wish that for anyone, can't recall what asshat reason you gave but it's not some kind of special rule but common human decency. Cancer is horrible and wishing some gets it, I can never imagine!!!!

HORRIBLE, YOU ARE.

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1

^-^!

• Tumbleguy1Tumbleguy1 Member
      edited October 2018

@jetchirag said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:

Rules are observed.

Thanks to all.

I asked you why would you wish that for anyone, can't recall what asshat reason you gave but it's not some kind of special rule but common human decency. Cancer is horrible and wishing some gets it, I can never imagine!!!!

Again, > @jetchirag said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:

Rules are observed.

Thanks to all.

HORRIBLE, YOU ARE.

@jetchirag said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:

Rules are observed.

Thanks to all

Personal issues regarding hidden data theft.Which they resolved in 1 year.

I won't talk on this anymore. 1 thing I want to say - people who does bad intentionally should get bad. Today or tomorrow. We're all human but in order to be alive - we don't need killing and abusing each other? Correct?

Don't ask me more buddy.

Then you have "bad" coming your way.

• @Tumbleguy1 said: Don't ask me more buddy.

Under the previous administration, you would have been banned. Count your blessings while you still can.

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• We need something in place to the effect of if they don't ask for an offer don't give them one.

If some one asks a question they aren't looking for offers. They are curious and maybe just maybe looking for answers, or to be pointed in a direction to get an answer.

The Bun | Primary DNS | Small Web <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

• "The Dark Arts of Thread Necromancy: make sure the thread you're replying to is still relevant"

What timeframe are we talking about?
      Like 3 months or less?

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• @eol said:
      "The Dark Arts of Thread Necromancy: make sure the thread you're replying to is still relevant"

What timeframe are we talking about?
      Like 3 months or less?

My rule of thumb here is that any thread on the first 2 pages is fair game. After that, you need a good reason to bump, a requirement increasing with thread age.

Thanked by 1eol

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• Ok.
      Thanks.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• @jar said:

@linuxthefish said:
      @Jarland where have the offer posting rules gone?

Separated into this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk

apologies if this isn't relevant. I'm a new member here trying to clue myself up with your rules. Tried visiting this linked post and it goes to a permissions error page! errmm where can I find those rules? also looking for info on the provider tag but cannot seem to find anything. Are these rules a bit too simple for me to understand what is allowed and what isn't? not here to spam but to provide a bit of value (I hope)... A push in the right direction would be appreciated :smile:

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

@UmbrellaHost said:

@jar said:

@linuxthefish said:
      @Jarland where have the offer posting rules gone?

Separated into this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk

apologies if this isn't relevant. I'm a new member here trying to clue myself up with your rules. Tried visiting this linked post and it goes to a permissions error page! errmm where can I find those rules? also looking for info on the provider tag but cannot seem to find anything. Are these rules a bit too simple for me to understand what is allowed and what isn't? not here to spam but to provide a bit of value (I hope)... A push in the right direction would be appreciated :smile:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018

Thanked by 1UmbrellaHost
    • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep
      edited January 2

Edit: never mind

Thanked by 1eol

HostDoc rep | Don't miss this upgradable $7 1TB Plex/nextCloud Server! (aff) | "Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

• HostYDHostYD Member, Provider

trewq said: Rules for selling can be found here: Rules for Selling on LowEndTalk

Not sure where to report but this link is not working.
      Screenshot: prntscr.com/m2z06i

• @HostYD said:

trewq said: Rules for selling can be found here: Rules for Selling on LowEndTalk

Not sure where to report but this link is not working.
      Screenshot: prntscr.com/m2z06i

Its in the sidebar AND on the main page. Link in this thread is borked, yes.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• so how do i get provider tag? it will appear automatically right after i complete requirements or i have to PM/request/appeal ?

Thanked by 1uptime
    • uptimeuptime Member
      edited February 26

@ParaNoID said:
      so how do i get provider tag? it will appear automatically right after i complete requirements or i have to PM/request/appeal ?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-jan-2019/p1

EDIT2:

good luck with your provider tag

EDIT3:

You may enhance your chance,

by feeding potatoe to a buffaloe

Thanked by 1eol

the Amitz.party lives on!

• eoleol Member

@uptime said:
      EDIT3:

Confirmed by AI bot.

Thanked by 1uptime

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Hmm i need 5 posts > @uptime said:

@ParaNoID said:
      so how do i get provider tag? it will appear automatically right after i complete requirements or i have to PM/request/appeal ?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-jan-2019/p1

EDIT2:

good luck with your provider tag

EDIT3:

lol what you mean feeding potatoes to buffaloes?
      you mean by buffaloes = staff?
      then potatoes = money?

Thanked by 2eol uptime
    • uptimeuptime Member
      edited February 26

hello its me ur buffaloe

EDIT2:

yup five non-spam, non-contrived, genuine quality posts.

And a clue.

Do your homework.

Read the board for a month or two.

Until you know, about the Buffaloe.

That is all.

Thanked by 1eol

the Amitz.party lives on!

• @ParaNoID said:

Welcome to LET! Just curious: what is the name of your company?

• @doghouch said:

@ParaNoID said:

PiratesHosting.com
      Yeah i know "Pirates" doesn't sounds good but we are up from July 2017.

Last month we about to change name but at the last moment we spent money on our servers.

I do register here before but due to violate of rule i were banned. I won't advertise until i get the provider tag.

I mention my company name only because you asked.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
    • @ParaNoID said:

@doghouch said:

@ParaNoID said:

PiratesHosting.com
      Yeah i know "Pirates" doesn't sounds good but we are up from July 2017.

Last month we about to change name but at the last moment we spent money on our servers.

I do register here before but due to violate of rule i were banned. I won't advertise until i get the provider tag.

I mention my company name only because you asked.

No worries. The ban happened a while back so I guess it's fine since you're following the rules this time around.

As for your message: others have answered you already but the tag is not assigned automatically. You must send a request through the ticket system (https://support.lowendtalk.com) and meet the requirements as well.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
    • FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@doghouch said:
      No worries.

doghouch is having a good mood today? :)

Perhaps, some dreams can only be dreams.
      Virmach BF Compilation <- Just click on that damn link

• idk why?

Thanked by 1uptime
    • @ParaNoID said:
      idk why?

I’d appreciate it if you posted more than a few words every post.

(The rules state that you have to make quality posts.)

Thanked by 2uptime Clouvider
    • Like following:

This is a quality post.

List of all VirMach VPS | VirMach Special Offers | You've never seen a Gaming VPS like this before