Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019] - Page 4
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019]

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@nabin said:
      Literally I am not talking about this one. I think every thread should be net and clean as this one.

Then go somewhere else.

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@nabin said:

Bear with me, I have posted the comment on wrong thread, but I have seen some threads on community rules frustrated. Literally I am not talking about this one. I think every thread should be net and clean as this one.

We disagree.

Yours sincerely,

Most of LET.

Thanked by 1Aidan

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• Nekki said: @nabin said:

Bear with me, I have posted the comment on wrong thread, but I have seen some threads on community rules frustrated. Literally I am not talking about this one. I think every thread should be net and clean as this one.

We disagree.

Yours sincerely,

Most of LET.

I was talking about this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

• As said, that one is linked in the first post of THIS very thread.

Thanked by 1nabin

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• WSS said: @nabin said: Literally I am not talking about this one. I think every thread should be net and clean as this one.

Then go somewhere else.

I am a newbie here, so I don't know the path and I hope the senior member like you will always be there to show us (newbies) the correct path.

• WSSWSS Member

@nabin said:

WSS said: @nabin said: Literally I am not talking about this one. I think every thread should be net and clean as this one.

Then go somewhere else.

I am a newbie here, so I don't know the path and I hope the senior member like you will always be there to show us (newbies) the correct path.

The door is at the upper corner of your browser. You're welcome to pull up a chair, or find a place more suitable. By introducing yourself to the usuals by suggesting a complete change of protocol- you are likely to get much more shit than you'll want.

Thanked by 1nabin

• @WSS said:
      The door is at the upper corner of your browser. You're welcome to pull up a chair, or find a place more suitable. By introducing yourself to the usuals by suggesting a complete change of protocol- you are likely to get much more shit than you'll want.

Can confirm...

Why fly on Dewlance's magic carpet when you can just be DDOS'd?

• The link to these rules on the sidebar is broken.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• RayhanRayhan Member, Provider

Where is the rules of using emoji? I have lots of emoji that works with Vanilla. ☺

SPUZE LTD - SSD Web Hosting, Domains, Servers & SSL Certs

• @Rayhan said:
      Where is the rules of using emoji? I have lots of emoji that works with Vanilla. ☺

They are inofficial. You will notice.

@mksh said:

@Rayhan said:

☑️

• mkshmksh Member
      edited February 2018

@Rayhan said:

@mksh said:

@Rayhan said:

☑️

edited February 2018

@mksh said:

@Rayhan said:

@mksh said:

@Rayhan said:

☑️

❤️❤️❤️

You have any with colors?

• RhysRhys Member, Provider
      edited February 2018

@Rayhan said:

death to emoji

• @Rhys said:

@Rayhan said:

to emoji

@mksh said:

@Rhys said:

@Rayhan said:

to emoji

L☺L

• NekkiNekki Moderator

Get the fuck out, you millenial cunt-waffles.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ ChrisMiller

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• PrestigeWSPrestigeWS Member
      edited February 2018

@Nekki said:

You mean this
      Edit: nvm. Didnt work.

• A ban on requests/discussions with the sole purpose of evasion (Netflix, BBC, regional locked video) should be considered as it's just new users coming here, requesting this shit and not knowing that they missed the boat about a year ago

Thanked by 1WSS

How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

• WSSWSS Member

@doughmanes Anything grey should be verboten, in my opinion. I don't mind helping out the odd person trying to find ShadowSocks, but I don't think we really need that proxy/shoe/content traffic.

• @Nekki said:

I’ve always wondered: what exactly is a cunt-waffle?

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@doghouch said:

@Nekki said:

I’ve always wondered: what exactly is a cunt-waffle?

I’d have to show you a picture, and it would be one that would get me banned.

Thanked by 1Aidan

• rm_rm_ Member

Why comments get silently deleted from offers threads? We are no longer allowed to share our feedback about offers? Also just re-read the first post, geez so many new rules, is this place turning into a strict-regime prison?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
      edited March 2018

rm_ said: Why comments get silently deleted from offers threads

You answered your own question:

rm_ said: Also just re-read the first post

rm_ said: is this place turning into a strict-regime prison?

LOL talk about first world problems/privilege.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• rm_rm_ Member

So you confirm that it is? Honestly I've been through like 4 or 5 admins of this place, and it's never been this bad.

Thanked by 1Rhys
      edited March 2018

@rm_ said:
      So you confirm that it is? Honestly I've been through like 4 or 5 admins of this place, and it's never been this bad.

Well maybe this place is not a good fit for you anymore, 90% of your posts are snarky complaints anyway these days.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• rm_rm_ Member

AnthonySmith said: Well maybe this place is not a good fit for you anymore.

It is unfortunate if you feel that way.

Thanked by 1Rhys

rm_ said: It is unfortunate if you feel that way.

I don't feel any way, I am making a suggestion based on your comments and actions.

• @AnthonySmith

I'm not usually one to speak on these matters, but I want you to understand that the community and I hold you to great standards.

I expect you to prevent conflict, not start it.

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

@FlamesRunner said:
      @AnthonySmith

I'm not usually one to speak on these matters, but I want you to understand that the community and I hold you to great standards.

I expect you to prevent conflict, not start it.

We do?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
      edited March 2018

@Rhys

ffs :/

I mean, we do!

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

Yep, I appreciate that, what you can't see is the conflict catalyst that was removed which prompted this response to begin with :)

• rm_rm_ Member
      edited March 2018

AnthonySmith said: the conflict catalyst that was removed

Was just an innocent piece of the usual LET-style meme'ing and banter. What makes LET what it is, giving it its soul, compared to countless WHT wannabes and lookalikes, and the WHT itself. If you want to crack down on and eliminate that,

then I would like to wish you good luck, but sorry I just can't. I'll just hope that for the next admin (6th or 7th by now?) we get someone who... gets it.

Well maybe when the time comes you can step up to the plate and show us how it's done, until then I am doing my best to keep the peace and reduce the pointless trolling that the loud and aggressive minroty think is cool.

edited March 2018

Severe warning for an opinion.

Thanked by 1rm_
      edited March 2018

@rm_

So the rules are updated, made pretty clear, even date stamped, most were in place before I took over.

You ignore them, no warning just standard modderation action.

You ignore them again, no warning just a standard modderation action.

You ignore them yet again, you are given a warning and the rules pasted in to your warning.

You then take it to another thread and keep pushing.

Don't troll offer posts, why is that such a big deal for you?

@Rhys, so far you have pretty much done the same as @rm_ in the past, and you have compared me to Hitler and now Putin, you jump on every possible opportunity to create drama and you have had fair warning in the past.

To everyone else: please understand, this is not a paid position, it is not a simple position, I am not your punching bag, I am here to guide and moderate, you cant please everyone all of the time, what you can do though is simply remove those who think its fun to go out of their way to make it difficult.

Thanked by 2MikePT cociu

• compares someone to a fascist

gets banned

thanked by nekki sister !

maldovia said: compares someone to a fascist

gets banned

Compares someone to a fascist twice, been banned in the past for generating drama and deciding the "dont be a dick" and "admins and moderators are people too" rules (set in place long before I took over) do not apply to him, gets banned.

Would be more accurate.

• WinneWinne Member

Fascists are people too !

Thanked by 1joeri
    • @AnthonySmith

Ah, looks like I was wrong. In my defense, there's literally no other way for me to tell if anything was deleted, so...

@FlamesRunner no worries, happens a lot :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

honestly... try not to over regulate if in any way possible.

I don't know what was posted in that offer thread(s) by @rm_ , maybe I wouldn't agree with whatever he wrote. but the community usually can take a lot and evaluate/handle opinions themselves, you should give them that.

I can't see how simply removing entire posts does any good to any discussion (besides if containing illegal stuff or serious harrassment and so on ofc).

warnings seem to be a good measure, but maybe better done in public and next to the post in question, stating that no further discussion is wanted?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

edited March 2018

The rules are pretty clear, as I have said over and over, its impossible to please everyone, someone will always think there was a different way of doing things, a warning was given.

On the other hand when people think its fun to constantly call the mods/admins fascist dictators despite past warnings then take the the LET ticket system to continue doing so and then take to discord to continue again, it completely justifies the actions.

The rules either way are clear, I will paste them again here:

Provider Offers

If you see an offer that is not right for you for some reason just move on, not everything will fit your individual needs and it may be a great offer for someone else, it is not your place to trash hosts offers.

While a certain amount of community self moderation has always been acceptable and is still acceptable apply common sense and try to be constructive. e.g. "OpenVZ is rubbish" or "I can get this cheaper at xyz host" is of no use to anyone, if you feel that way then just move on, do not assume your thoughts are welcome and widely accepted by the community.

I don't see that as over moderation at all, just keeping things clam, if you have something to say about an offer post then fine, make it constructive, but just popping in with "to expensive", "useless" etc is a complete waste of space and just serves in putting providers off completely.

-

On top of that then using the offer post to vent your feelings about censorship is completely out of line.

And is also clearly covered in the community rules (pasted below):

Moderators and admins are people too

You'll be expected to treat us like human beings. We are not robots that experience no emotion, we are not contracted third parties, we are human and members of this community.

We will not tolerate having our judgment or impartiality repeatedly called into question for the purpose of causing unrest in the community, addiction to drama, or manipulating us into reversing decisions (ex. "well if you're not hiding anything then bring back the thread you deleted").

We are just doing a job here, calling our actions 'censorship' is not acceptable, we are here to moderate and guide the community, if we believe something you have posted requires editing this is just us doing our job, if you have issues with decisions made open a ticket to discuss it, do not then re-edit your posts complaining about 'censorship'.

-

Much of this was already in place before I took over, this is not an 'Anthony' thing, they are so unbelievably lax anyway, don't be a dick pretty much covers it, some people just enjoy poking authority yet seem incredibly surprised when it pokes back on occasion.

I do this voluntarily, its not a paid role, I was chosen, I did not ask, I am doing my best to maintain balance where previously toxicity has been dominant, it is no surprise to me that these things are happening and no doubt this will not be the last, that said, new members getting beyond 1 post is up and the community is growing for the first time in literally years.

Thanked by 1MikePT

• FalzoFalzo Member
      edited March 2018

AnthonySmith said: its impossible to please everyone, someone will always think there was a different way of doing things, a warning was given.

I agree to that.

still, if you don't like being compared to dictators try to not act like them. been there, done that.

also the russian president (for the moment) is just that. probably not the one to like or agree with, but still a living and acting president like Trump or Xi
      putting him next to Hitler and acting on that seems more like letting your personal opinion and emotions overrule your intelligence.

my intention is not to stir the pot, rather to calm you down and have you try and see how your actions might come across. especially with a lot of informations missing.
      hence my comment above, that removing things might not be that helpful...

I think it would be good if there is not need at all to justify your actions afterwards, because they've been transparent from the beginning.

AnthonySmith said: new members getting beyond 1 post is up and the community is growing for the first time in literally years.

if it wasn't the rules that changed (like you said, they've been there before), think about it for a minute what else did. I don't believe it's you finally enforcing them...

Thanked by 1rm_

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

edited March 2018

@Falzo, your missing half the information, I have been called a Nazi, Hitler now Putin, and when warned they continue, what other action would you expect?

Falzo said: still, if you don't like being compared to dictators try to not act like them. been there, done that.

I fail to see how I am being a dictator, but either way, lets be honest LET was never a democracy to begin with.

putting him next to Hitler and acting on that seems more like letting your personal opinion and emotions overrule your intelligence.

Nothing to do with my feelings here, I am literally being called a fascist dictator, Nazi and Hitler.

Falzo said: my intention is not to stir the pot, rather to calm you down and have you try and see how your actions might come across. especially with a lot of informations missing.

I think people generally think I take this a lot more serious than i do, its just all underpinned by don't be a dick, Rhys is constantly trying to stir the pot, even after being warned and eventually banned for a month he decided to use the LET support desk to hurl more abuse, when that was shut down he took to discord to continue, there is a line, he crossed it several times.

rm on the other hand while he still broke the rules was able to express himself rationally with words.

Falzo said: I think it would be good if you there is not need to justify your actions afterwards at all, because they've been transparent from the beginning.

I am a volunteer I don't have time and frankly I don't feel the need to justify every action I take here, the thing you don't understand is that this is probably 1 of 100 moderation actions taken today, 99.9% of the time people just get on with it.

I really wish I did not have to sit and explain the same thing over and over again but sadly it seems I do.

Falzo said: if it wasn't the rules that changed (like you said, they've been there before), think about it for a minute what else did. I don't believe it's you finally enforcing them...

They have been modified slightly to lean more towards a balance, they are also for the first time in a while being enforced, removal of key trouble makers either by their own choice or by force means that we don't get a string of insults and $7 whenever a new member posts.

Anyway, that really is all I have to say on the matter, its not that big of a deal, a cheeky little shit kid that seems to genuinely think name calling qualifies as an opinion refuses to learn a lesson was banned, cheers in private have not been insignificant, life will move on, he will be forgotten.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

People always used to whinge that the rules weren't being enforced.

People are now whinging because they are being enforced.

Sometimes, I think people just want to be miserable.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Provider

@AnthonySmith said:
      If you see an offer that is not right for you for some reason just move on, not everything will fit your individual needs and it may be a great offer for someone else, it is not your place to trash hosts offers.

glad to see the toxic off putting "trolling" in provider offer threads is being stopped, that is why I haven't really posted a offer thread in a while actually, it means I have to actually be there to "babysit" the thread to handle the trolls. glad you are finally doing something about it ant.

Check out all of our custom modules here: https://cubedata.net for both blesta & whmcs.

cubedata said: glad you are finally doing something about it ant.

Thanks for the feedback, it is one of the number one complaints I got in private as soon as I took the role and in reality it was just a handful of people doing it in 90% of cases, a number of them are no longer LET members.

• BITWBITW Member without signature

2 Lines Signature max
      How many links can be put there? Thanks in advance.