Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019] - Page 3
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated November 2019]

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

@WSS said:
      That was posted 3 weeks ago.

Hm, yeah. I'm seeing so much unread content that I have read. Maybe some kind of rollback.

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • RayhanRayhan Member, Provider

I have read this community rules a lots of time.

But still i think, i have missed something and need to read again. :/

SPUZE LTD - SSD Web Hosting, Domains, Servers & SSL Certs

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
      edited October 2017

@Rayhan said:
      I have read this community rules a lots of time.

But still i think, i have missed something and need to read again. :/

You can’t make a rule about everything.

Use common sense.

Common sense would imply that removing your Original Post and running away won’t sit well with the community.

Thanked by 1Rayhan

Clouvider Limited - Leading EU Hosting Solution Provider || UK Dedicated Server Sale - True HA Cloud VPS - Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA VPS on OnApp | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• RayhanRayhan Member, Provider

@Clouvider said: Use common sense.

Will take care of this from now.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

SPUZE LTD - SSD Web Hosting, Domains, Servers & SSL Certs

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@Rayhan said:

@Clouvider said: Use common sense.

Will take care of this from now.

Banter

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• "Common sense"? I'm enchanted because that means we can crucify him, right? Yay!

My favourite prime number is 42. - \forall cpu in {intel, amd, arm}: cpu->speed -= cpu->speed/100 x irandom(15, 30) | state := hacked

• @lion said:

The irony is extreme... a bit obvious, but I couldn’t resist myself.

• @WSS said:
      I have a complaint about the abelist nature of this forum.

I clicked "Post Comment", and I received an error message of "Body is required."

Being of person born without the constraints of a torso, I am highly offended!

This must be the first time you arguing against bodies.
      Especially those with specific features.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited November 2017

Are there no requirements regarding WHOIS or an actual storefront for providers anymore or did I just miss this?

Thanked by 1solaire
    • @Ympker said:
      Are there no requirements regarding WHOIS or an actual storefront for providers anymore or did I just miss this?

You're confusing community rules with rules for selling: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

Thanked by 1Ympker

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

@Ympker said:

You're confusing community rules with rules for selling: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

Ahh. I knew something was odd here haha :D

• jarjar Provider

Yeah splitting them up seems to make them far easier to digest. I hate that we have so many rules as it is. Hard to reduce them without regretting it.

Thanked by 1Ympker

HB | Block AS9009 (M247) for unfiltered abuse and ignoring abuse complaints

• @jarland said:
      Yeah splitting them up seems to make them far easier to digest. I hate that we have so many rules as it is. Hard to reduce them without regretting it.

Yeah don't worry. Odds are I was just very tired when reading this :P

• Got it I follow your rules and conditions.

• @Rdube123 said:
      Got it I follow your rules and conditions.

4 posts left.

• @jarland said:

New rule: all posts are government by the monarch. (and by monarch, we mean jarland’s female equivalent)

(no harm intended here)

Thanked by 1vanhels
    • Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

The Bun | Primary DNS | Small Web <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

• RhysRhys Member, Provider

@AuroraZ said:
      Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

Quote the law it's breaking. (p.s you can't, it's not but it should be banned either way)

• @AuroraZ said:
      Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

Not illegal but definitely breaking Gapps policies.

It should be banned the same way anything that relates to breaking policies is banned.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Lee
    • @Rhys said:

@AuroraZ said:

Quote the law it's breaking. (p.s you can't, it's not but it should be banned either way)

LET is White Hat

We do not allow discussion of how to commit illegal activities such as D/DOS attacks, spamming, hacking, etc.

• @AuroraZ said:

@Rhys said:

@AuroraZ said:

LET is White Hat

We do not allow discussion of how to commit illegal activities such as D/DOS attacks, spamming, hacking, etc.

I think you missed the point. Selling Gapp accounts is not illegal. Its against Googles terms of service. Which enables them to shut you down whenever they want, but the big bad government is not going to storm your apartment and shoot you for selling them.

• @MagicalTrain said:

@AuroraZ said:

@Rhys said:

@AuroraZ said:

LET is White Hat

I think you missed the point. Selling Gapp accounts is not illegal. Its against Googles terms of service. Which enables them to shut you down whenever they want, but the big bad government is not going to storm your apartment and shoot you for selling them.

All right I give up. No use going on I am wrong anyways.

• @MagicalTrain said:

Same with using TE though, which is also seen on LET as a bad thing.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• AuroraZ said: No use going on I am wrong anyways.

Well, I agree and the threads requesting them are mostly 1 post wonders.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• jarjar Provider
      edited December 2017

AuroraZ said: Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

I've thought about it. It would be in the spirit of the rules we already have here. If you post about ways to violate the terms of service of other providers, or ask for help in doing so, we don't allow it because driving away hosts by making this a sanctuary for everything that harms them is not in the best interest of this community by any stretch of the imagination.

Then again we're not at risk of losing Google's LET offers...

Thanked by 1Maounique

• @jarland said:

AuroraZ said: Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

I've thought about it. It would be in the spirit of the rules we already have here. If you post about ways to violate the terms of service of other providers, or ask for help in doing so, we don't allow it because driving away hosts by making this a sanctuary for everything that harms them is not in the best interest of this community by any stretch of the imagination.

Then again, most people looking to buy/sell gapps seem to be one-post-wonders which do not contribute anything to the community as a whole. Nothing would be lost by banning it either. Might even clean up the frontpage a bit.

• @teamacc said:

@jarland said:

Then again, most people looking to buy/sell gapps seem to be one-post-wonders which do not contribute anything to the community as a whole. Nothing would be lost by banning it either. Might even clean up the frontpage a bit.

How would this cut down on the CC VPS bullshit?

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

• @jarland said:

Uhuh, that's exactly what you wanted. After driving AOL into the ground and doing who-knows-what to Yahoo's management you needed this one last peace of puzzle to fall into place. Demise of Google's "We Are Going Bankrupt, Save Us Emma" type of offers. Make them swear off from LET. No double storage Gmail promos, no recurring Adwords discounts, no nothing.

Nothing will stop your little email empire...

Or not?...

Thanked by 2jar WSS
    • What about a middle of the road solution and have one thread for discussion of the buying and selling of Gapps accounts (a la the IP thread)?

• jarjar Provider

@lowendusername said:
      What about a middle of the road solution and have one thread for discussion of the buying and selling of Gapps accounts (a la the IP thread)?

Maybe another for people to advertise booters, and another for Prout to sell his colocation deals in?

• @jarland said:

@lowendusername said:
      What about a middle of the road solution and have one thread for discussion of the buying and selling of Gapps accounts (a la the IP thread)?

Maybe another for people to advertise booters, and another for Prout to sell his colocation deals in?

Not sure about the booters, thread but the 'Prouts CoLo Thread' idea would make it much easier for you to track him!

Thanked by 1jar
    • doghouchdoghouch Member
      edited January 2018

(off topic)

@jarland I had some fun last night with the DO control panel. Like, it was hilarious.

PM'ed the link lol :)

• rm_rm_ Member
      edited January 2018

Xei said: I picked up a $2.50 Vultr plan recently. Only location is NJ though but it works fine. Hard to claim it's a scam if it exists/works as it should IMO.

I have tried replying to this post, describing why I consider the mentioned plan to be a "scam", also presenting some evidence. My post was deleted (i.e. not even moved to the offtopic thread, while the "hard to claim" opinion is allowed to stay. Can I please know who deleted it and on what grounds, and if possible have it reinstated -- if not fitting either of the two threads, as a new topic.

• rm_rm_ Member
      edited January 2018

hawc said: I deleted some non voting posts from the other thread

@hawc Why did you leave this non-voting post then? Doesn't look good at all, you let the brief and meaningless pro-Vultr opinion stay, but delete my reply (which btw required some considerable effort to put together) with evidence which countered it.

Not to mention, I got this in E-Mail:

Xei mentioned you in 2017 Provider Of The Year

Follow the link below to check it out:
      https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2600737#Comment_2600737

Have a great day!

And I don't know what was there, because as I was able to check it, the referred post was already deleted.

• hawchawc Member, Moderator, LIR

Just an FYI: LET + LEB IRC now needs Freenode nickserv registration to use

Thanked by 3Aidan WSS Amitz
    • WSSWSS Member

There's still somewhere to go that ISN'T full of Discunts?

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@WSS said:

I'm there. In Freenode, tho.

• WSSWSS Member

Maybe I'll have to setup a fake identd again, since I let my free IRC idler with sogtech go when I got sick of the damn thing setting off my alerts all hours of night.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@MikePT said:

@WSS said:

I'm there. In Freenode, tho.

Blacklisted.

Thanked by 2MikePT WSS

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• jarjar Provider

I hate adding to the rules, but this directly address a trend that has been problematic for me and continues to grow over time. Added:

Moderators and admins are people too

>

You'll be expected to treat us like human beings. We are not robots that experience no emotion, we are not contracted third parties, we are human and members of this community.

>

We will not tolerate having our judgment or impartiality repeatedly called into question for the purpose of causing unrest in the community, addiction to drama, or manipulating us into reversing decisions ("well if you're not hiding anything then bring back the thread you deleted").

>

If you believe that one of us has acted out of turn and made an improper decision, you can request additional information or review at support.lowend.io. Please understand that "request" does not mean you are entitled to either. We may approve or deny any request without stated reason. If that flares up your paranoia, maybe this community is not a good fit for you.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

jarland said: You'll be expected to treat us like human beings.

I'm out.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • jarland said: You'll be expected to treat us like human beings.

This is left open to interpretation.

Thanked by 1Francisco
    • @jarland

I personally appreciate the work you have done to LET and you sir have made LET great again.

Thank you!

Thanked by 1jar
    • jarjar Provider

@Aidan said:

This is left open to interpretation.

Because humans don't close loops like well coded robots :P

Thanked by 2Aidan Clouvider

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@Francisco said:

I'm out.

Francisco

/me slaps Francisco with a large tuna fish in his belly.

• ggpggp Member

I love here.

• There should be neat and clean community rules somewhere linked. Got frustrated after reading same quote for 6 or more times.

• @nabin said:
      There should be neat and clean community rules somewhere linked. Got frustrated after reading same quote for 6 or more times.

You are aware that you're looking at page 3 of a thread, with the first post being exactly what you request, with a "rules for selling" linked from it, with the same setup right?

• teamacc said: @nabin said: There should be neat and clean community rules somewhere linked. Got frustrated after reading same quote for 6 or more times.

You are aware that you're looking at page 3 of a thread, with the first post being exactly what you request, with a "rules for selling" linked from it, with the same setup right?

Bear with me, I have posted the comment on wrong thread, but I have seen some threads on community rules frustrated. Literally I am not talking about this one. I think every thread should be net and clean as this one.