Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxmox , how to Assign more static IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxmox , how to Assign more static IP

Hi!

I have a problem.

I have one main IP , but i have more 5 static IP. I want to host for my friends OPENVZ container. I added vmbr1 with the new static IP , but it connect to the main IP , if i want to connect by ssh.

Can somebody help me?

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited September 2013

When you're creating a VM and hit the network prompt just use the "Routed mode (venet)" mode and input one of the other 5 ips in the field. It should utilize it. No need to setup a bridge.

• Iptables to foward a port. Google on how to set it up

• @David_P said:
    When you're creating a VM and hit the network prompt just use the "Routed mode (venet)" mode and input one of the other 5 ips in the field. It should utilize it. No need to setup a bridge.

when i add an IP to venet , i cant connect by ssh. No response.

Will i need to setup VMBR1 with this new IP?

• first thing to ask is it internal local ip's or actually a /29?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited September 2013

If i understand correctly he talk about server in our network. Server had main IP, subsequently customer requested another 5 ips, so we routed another /29 class. In the email he find gateway and all other parameter. /29 is routed corrected because if he add ip as alias on main interface it work. Just need to know how to setup openvz (i think).

• @matteob said:
    If i understand correctly he talk about server in our network. Server had main IP, subsequently customer requested another 5 ips, so we routed another /29 class. In the email he find gateway and all other parameter. /29 is routed corrected because if he add ip as alias on main interface it work. Just need to know how to setup openvz (i think).

Yes. Looks.. not easy as i thought to setup.. :)

• Make sure /etc/vz/vz.conf has the following in it, otherwise OpenVZ containers won't pay any attention to IP addresses outside of the main subnet.

NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=all

• at the dedicated server, remove all ip in the network interfaces, except one, that you use to maintain the dedi.

create a vm, alocate your other ip to it. hope it solve the problem

• @wdq said:
    Make sure /etc/vz/vz.conf has the following in it, otherwise OpenVZ containers won't pay any attention to IP addresses outside of the main subnet.

NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=all

After change.. NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=all Everything is working fine :)

Thank you very much :)