Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic Solutions - Three Month Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic Solutions - Three Month Review

Three month review of my Jacksonville OVZ512 plan hosted by Crissic Solutions.

Overall I am extremely happy with the service provided by Crissic. Signup was instant and I received a free upgrade to 1024 ram as part of a LowEndTalk Promotion.

Service: Jacksonville OVZ512 / (1024 with upgrade) $4.99USD / month

Stability: One of the more stable VPS services I've used. I can think of only two down times, which only took place during planned upgrades. The first was for a system wide IP change. The switch plus propagation took less than 10 minutes. Then there was a maintenance which including moving the server to a new rack. Downtime was brief and I was given plenty of notice. I am thankful for the heads up on all service upgrades.

Features: I got what I paid for. Resources promised to me are available for me to use.

Support: Even though I didn't pay for managed support, Crissic went out of the way to help me more than once. I was having an issue getting OpenVPN (Personal) to install correctly and Skylar installed everything I needed for me with no extra fee. Communication from Skylar is professional and to the point.

Affiliate Program: I recently signed up for the program. Signup was quick and I was provided an easy to use link. Affiliate clicks and signups can be tracked in the client area.

Final Verdict: Great service and A+ Support. I highly recommend Crissic Solutions.

Comments

• +1.

• Appreciate the review :)

• I have a quick question @SkylarM, does Crissic allow for SWIPs?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited September 2013

@darknyan said:
    I have a quick question SkylarM, does Crissic allow for SWIPs?

We do! We are charging a $2 one-time fee for swips on small allocations. (single IPs so forth)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I regret leaving!

• @badpatrick how @SkylarM compensated you to write a review for him? Things like that are standard Crissic Solutions stunt. There's an old saying: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
    Don't be fooled with public attention of this newly reborn business. There's no coincidence that they appear in public more frequently than other reputable established companies do since first day of reviving old failed business.

• @Jack said:
    compensated you to write a review for him

mpkossen I'd say that's shilling isn't it?

Are you still butthurt I banned you a while back? Stop spamming the shit out of every review you find and label it shilling. Nobody said anybody received any compensation for this review (nor others I know of).

• I can agree this review . Great Support and Stable Service !

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited September 2013

I had one from Crissic as well, and it was quite stable. I never had a reason to open a support ticket during that time.

@mpkossen, About @Jack's comment.. Maybe he was pointing at the fact that the OP is a member of Crissic's affiliate program.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited September 2013

I agree with the good support Skylar is providing, very quick and knowledgeable responses. Though some part of the review does sound like a template or too general, but maybe OP is just out of words and copied someone else's review formatting, I don't know.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited September 2013

@GuanYu said:
    badpatrick how SkylarM compensated you to write a review for him? Things like that are standard Crissic Solutions stunt. There's an old saying: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
    Don't be fooled with public attention of this newly reborn business. There's no coincidence that they appear in public more frequently than other reputable established companies do since first day of reviving old failed business.

I can promise you that I do not compensate for reviews, nor do I solicit reviews. Not so sure what you mean by "Things like that are standard Crissic Solutions Stunt" -- do you have anything to back up this statement?

I have absolutely nothing to hide here. Crissic is a business that focuses on telling the truth, and not bullshitting people -- hence my transparency policy.

Relating to "failed business" -- we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. At present we have 995 active services.

• badpatrickbadpatrick Member
    edited September 2013

The only thing I received from Crissic by posting this review is his "Appreciate the review :)" comment found within this post.

It's been mentioned by joelgm that I am a member of the affiliate program, which I posted in my review about, but I purposely left out any affiliate link from the review.

DalComp mentions my formatting of reviews. It's how I usually format them. Before I discovered LET I posted my reviews on WHT, my past reviews can be found there:

Eleven2 4 Month Review
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1121086

Eleven2 1 Year Review
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1197564

CloudFlare 1 Year Review
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1267209

Prometeus 6 Month Review
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1270678

I keep my reviews short and try to provide the basics. Hope this covers everything

Thanks!